Great art

>Great art
>Great action scenes and layouts
>Boring villains
>World feels small
>Like no side characters

Maybe it gets better but I'm 6 volumes in and I don't understand how this series has gotten multiple anime and game adaptions. Like, it's not bad but it doesn't seem to do anything differently or exceptionally well.

It's alright

Well the setting is damn near made for a game to start with.

This was the franchise that got me hooked on manga. It was the leveling system and awesome weapons that did it. Also, seeing Poala get her cleavage branded was pretty nice. Haven't read it in almost a decade, maybe I should check it out again.

>Boring villains
What? Grineed, garanewt, baron. All of them are good though. What is your complaint here?

>world feels small
This doesn't feel true either. They travel acRoss multiple continents and regions feel distinct from each other.

Everyone so far has been pretty boring, imo. The designs look like knockoff Dragon Quest bosses which makes sense considering their previous work but they're not really intimidating. Also these battle shounen manga tend to have tons of side characters and organizations working against each other but the world feels limited to only the 3 main characters.

>but they're not really intimidating
I think all the 7 star vandels have striking designs. I could agree that they look a bit generic since they do look like something I would see in DQ but I don't think that in a bad way. And in particular all the vandels they fought did have some pretty intimidating presentations once the battle start proper.

>Also these battle shounen manga tend to have tons of side characters and organizations working against each other but the world feels limited to only the 3 main characters.
There is always one buster or group that accompanies the group each arc. Even then Slade and Milfa are on a more consistent rotation as has this winged knight character doing his Tuxedo mask routine.

I can definitely see where you are comning from but I can't agree. Maybe it's blind nostalgia since this is one of the few manga series I actually purchased all the available volumes for but I really like this series even to this day. I'm glad to see it back at least even if it's on a very irregular basis.

I think the problem is that so far none of the characters have really struck with me. I do really love the art style, though. So hopefully the next arc has something that hits.

Maybe this is what I needed

>her name is literally MILF

There were a lot of cool little things for an rpg/fantasy geek to fawn over back in the day.
>all the world building bonuses at the end of each volume
>plethera of monster types
>the magic system and its tier list of spells
>saiga as a general concept and some of the cool ideas that came from it
>leveling system to always mark the strength progression of the characters
>Vandels and the mystery behind their society
Got myself pretty immersed. Anime sucked balls though.

Leveling seems kinda pointless when the level 20 main characters can beat 7 star Vandels

It was okay.

2 volumes left. This manga isn't even close to being finished, is it?

It ends on a hiatus that hasn't stopped for like ten years. I don't know what the fuck happened.

It was okay. I'll always remember their previous work fondly though

The manga actually came out of hiatus for a few chapters to end the arc it had been stuck on for those 10 years, but then it went back to the hiatus

Oh, wow. Thanks for letting me know. I might check it out if only for the smallest bit of closure. Do we have any word on why the hiatus lasted so long?

Didn't this get canceled?

And berserk and hxh fans think they have it hard

Tell me about it. The really sad part is that Beet used to be my favorite manga, then it switched over to Hunter x Hunter. I might prefer a life where I literally got cucked to this.