Do you think modern anime is improving or getting worse on average compared to older shows?

Do you think modern anime is improving or getting worse on average compared to older shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

mag.chinesefilmarket.com/en/article/jy-animation-growing-up-with-chinese-animation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Define modern

The future

>trilogy
>four shows

Nigger, can you even count?

CCS is shit so it doesn't count.

Spotted the yuricuck.

I think the average show is getting better, but overall the medium is becoming more homogeneous.

The trend towards LN/Manga "ads" is very damaging, but animation/sound/art quality is way better than it used to be.

I'm optimistic about the future because western money is paying for very high budget complete stories.

And it should be trinity, not trilogy since the shows are separate, unconnected series

It should be trinity because it's preceded by the word holy. But whatever

ITT op informs us that xe doesn't understand the "trilogy" concept.

it's really trendy and cool to say that anime isn't getting worse and that there aren't really more worst shows and there were bad anime in the 80s so it doesn't matter anyway.
but the truth is that anime will never again Reach the artistic quality which existed in the path due to changes and new commercial interests in the medium. Cell shading is forever dead, replaced by digital art. It's no longer profitable to produce OVA or adventurous new anime, so neither occur. Convention and style has degraded into moe and low sexualisation. Look at monogatari, it represents all that is wrong with modern anime, and Sup Forums will fucking eat it up. Miazaki was right about everything.

>trilogy
>but those shows
I'll allow it.

The talent is spread far too thinly. Modern tools and globalized production has made anime cheaper to make, but it is relying on a shrinking demographic.

>Miazaki was right about everything.
Miyazaki hates your manime shit too you stupid faggot, he is not your friend who fights against muh haremshit.
And OVA's are the shittiest format know to man, direct-to-video was always bad.

It's been worse for years. Way worse. We occasionally have good ones like Nichijou and Kemono Friends but since they don't sell kuso anime keep getting dished out by the dozens.

At least it hasn't deteriorated as much as western animation, you know, dead-inside flash animation.

I would question Madoka, Nanoha and Alien Nine to even be magical girl shows.

>trilogy
>magical girls

Wow it's the same nostalgia butthurt since 1997

To top it of, Miyazaki has never moved the anime industry forward. He funded Toei and both him and Toei are known for halting the industry as much as they do. They're quite infamous for it.

How can I be nostalgic for shit I watched a few years ago?

You literally answered your own question.

>a few
I wasn't a kid back then user. That's like saying I'm nostalgic for barney and friends.

You're nostalgic for a time anime was "good" and once you realized anime actually changed since the fucking 80's you think anime is shit now.

Holy shit how is it possible to have taste this shit you motherfucker, fight me faggot!

Wrong. Anime is unironically at a all time high at this point. Back in the 80s they were all unprofessional and cringy and couldn't fucking shade for shit. We've gone a long way

where is Sailor Moon?

They're replaceable by any of the three on the picture

I think that the average is getting higher because we don't get terrible anime now, only boring and uninteristing ones.

>xe
Fuck off Tumblr.

Animation wise it is changing and in most cases not for the bad. QUALITY has existed for a while now but overall animation looks a bit more cleaner.

Story wise it has gone down, but that's because studios are churning out the same stuff over and over. You could say it's a way to keep the studio afloat and what's better than to make anime of what[s fashionable right now.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Actually OP is technically correct, trilogy = 4 shows. dumb ESL faggots.

nonology = 1 anime
monology = 2 anime
duology = 3 anime
trilogy = 4 anime
tetralogy = 5 anime
...and so on

this is retarded. I hope you die of aids homo

> trilogy
> lists 4 unrelated anime

>they're unrelated
What do you hope to get out of this?

Spotted the compsci faggot.

>no Sailor Moon
The world should be destroyed in nuclear apocalipse, mankind does not deserve to live.

read >

>Sailor Moon
>replacable
Ikuhara should come to your house and personally shot your brains out with shotgun.

Anime is still not dead, Yamakan is alive and doing his Twillight kickstarter anime! Have hope!

Ikuhara didn't create Sailor Moon and you namedropping a single person as the responsibility of an entire franchise is pathetic as fuck. Stop doing that. No one is buying it. As I said my original point > still stands.

I mean

none of them are in the same "series." I think the OP meant "trinity" but there are four up there so it should be quaternity

Why do people overrate old shows just because they're old?

- The "top" animation belongs to old shows. I did not seen really outstanding mindblowing animation past the 90th OAVs anymore. Not even in the higher budget modern anime movies.
- Production wise though, modern TV anime is immensely better than the old one. There is not even a question. However there are some things that can be percieved negatively as now studios prefer simplified designs, retouched photos and other ways to cut corners. Still just a simple fact switching from 4:3 to 16:9 and nowadays HD - is a jump that cant be bigger.
- Some aesthetics of old were irreplacebly lost, but they were replaced by new ones - due to development of anime production tools and techniques. Overall is improvement, what is not necessary improvement though is work attitude regarding anime from anime as product. It seemed before they cared about it more as artistic product, now it just stuff to sell BDs.
- Content wise, cant say worse or better since its incomparable - in last 20 years, trends in storytelling, novels, what people like, popular cliches etc change completely MULTIPLE TIMES, so its a meaningless comparison. Anything from other period simply will not work in current. One truth though, we are getting a lot more shows and variety of products actually IMPROVED, never before one had as much DIFFERENT types of titles to pick from each season.

TL:DR
Anime is fine and will be better when China dominates it in future

China needs to learn how to animate. You can always tell immediately something is off if you watch a chinese anime.

You already posted this

They length did, its just what you see is cheap Haoliners shit. Kings Avatar funded by Tencent was AOTS quality wise, last season China funded Centaur no Nayami, and this one the objective AOTS - Animegatari.

Centaur no nayami was an absolute shitshow compared to the manga tho.

animegataris is chinese? Well well

>It should be
>Sailor Moon
>CCS
>Nanoha (when it's not busy being yuribait)

Who cares, at least it got an adaptation - and it happened thanks to Chinese money. Now waiting for Chinese to fund Tomo-Chan no Onnanoko

Litterally funded by Chinese goverment. Not even just chinese company, but litterally Chinese Film Company, which is direct subservient of chinese censure agency SARFT.

Still waiting when the "China" angle in Animegatari will actually happen - their club advisor is on trip in China now, and waiting for Chinese girl in OP to arrive. There should be a reason why fucking chinese goverment funded it after all.

How is getting a shit adaptation no one wants to watch a good thing? Id much rather wait till some competent studio wants to adapt it years later.

>Kemono Friends
>Doesn't sell

I fucking hate the CG in that anime and the fact that the writing is grade school children tier, didn't even watch it, and even I know this is a blatant lie. It sold at least 40k. The 10 guys in some dude's basement don't have the time to make a sequel.

>no one wants
Speak for yourself. I love the manga and i enjoyed the adaptation no less than say Demi-chan

>164134416
Holy shit, kill yourself.

Heres the article mentioned Anime Gatari too
mag.chinesefilmarket.com/en/article/jy-animation-growing-up-with-chinese-animation/

Nanoha is a mecha show, thus not a magical girl anime.
Madoka is a tokushit derivative, thus not a magical girl anime.
Not sure about Alien Nine, but it is probably isn't a magical girl anime either.

Alien Nine isn't magical you fucking retard.

Apparently it sold 212 bds
Fucking phenomenal adaptation.

>all four is action-based mahou shoujo

>implying BD sales matter

parts from the linked article CFM: Is merchandising the main revenue source of animations?

YX: Actually in China it isn’t. In China, it’s still content that generates the most of the revenue, which means revenue that has been generated from distribution. For instance, website memberships, or advertisement royalties. Merchandising comes the second. There’s barely any merchandising retail in China, while offline or online B2C retail still dominates abroad. The lack of it in China means we need to greatly resort to Comic-Con and online retail. In the meantime, it remains quite difficult to establish the market with licensed merchandising, as the awareness of copyright and a healthy market mechanism is still to be reinforced. However, we are learning by doing.

CFM:Would you mind shedding some light on the profit model of Japanese animations?

YX: In Japan, the major source of revenue lies in DVD. There is still DVD shop in Japan—CD and DVD rental business and the market is still there, whereas VOD isn’t as popular, or better to say it’s yet to be accepted by Japanese consumers. That explains the DVD revenue.

The second biggest part of revenue is international sales. Before, it wasn’t so prominent, but now, together with international distribution, it has come up to No. 2 among all revenue sources.

Merchandising ranks the third. For some works, the sales of cards and dolls are better during offline campaigns. It’s designed in such a way that the revenue of that particular work is supposed to be generated from merchandising sales. Revenue varies with different works. There are also works that generates revenue from its music, opening songs, theme songs, etc. End of the day it all comes back to how you position your work and what its niche market is. Merchandising is designed to meet the need of that specific market.

another important part
>CFM: It’s safe to say that the performance of Japanese animation in China relies greatly on its fan base. What is JYA’s stance when it comes to the fan-base phenomenon and creating original contents?`

YX: The beginning of 21st century, Japan still has many good original animations. But it has become less and less along with the ever-growing market risks. It’s safer to develop animations from comics or novels that already have a fan base. Followers will be drawn effortlessly. However, from a practical point of view, animations adapted from comics or novels have many restrictions. Our rights and thoughts are largely confined by the licensors. For example, when adapting an animation from comics, it is the publisher who makes the final call of what to keep and what to change. So, that would be our top concern. That being said, we would rather make our original contents.

TLDR:
China is saving anime by funding production of JAPANESE anime that will be broadcast in china, earning money from streaming rights, ads and merchandize. This model also allows more original anime.

Chinese streaming market is BIG atm, and every japanese company tries to jump it now in one way or another.

Netflix despite Sup Forums hate, is another positive thing for anime industry - as it funds original projects, or gives big cash for quality adaptations allowing studios to create works they like at higher quality rather than cheap corners cut late night anime.

I'm still not sure whether this scene was for educational purposes or if it's a cry for help.

Educational, since original Anime-Gatari short and concept comes from TOHO Cinemas. They dont depend on BD sales obviously, but on people watching anime movies in theatres. Note the cola and popcorn.

Ever heard of Machiavelli?

>>Nanoha (when it's not busy being yuribait)
Bait is an anime that promises something but doesn't deliver, and Nanoha is the opposite of that. Also most Mahou Shoujo anime have yuri in some form, what kind of a faggot are you to refuse it.