Merchant Cranes

Broken rigging.

Hunter Crane Merchant Transport & Rigging

"Crane operator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at Hunter Crane Merchant Transport & Rigging (Less than a year)
Pros
if you're retired or about to retire this might be the company you want.
Cons
management is never on the same page with eachother or even the employees. always falling short of their promises and don't take care of the ones that take care of them

glassdoor.com/Reviews/Hunter-Crane-Merchant-Transport-and-Rigging-Reviews-E1006844.htm

Attached: crane fail.jpg (2048x1536, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205443304.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user, is this a load cell? I believe the crane rigging was attached in his area.

Attached: bridge load cell.jpg (992x744, 189K)

The 2 blue items I've identified as hydraulic loading cell/pump. They were applying tension.

Attached: tension.jpg (1280x853, 329K)

None of the other cable anchorages had pockets for post-tensioning bars though....only the last one. Wonder if the increasingly shallow angle of the cables would have created tension stresses in that anchorage point so they were going to post-tension it into compression with that bar before they installed the tower, cables, and tensioned the cables.

BUT....that anchorage is in the top compression chord of the concrete truss with the bridge in this temporary configuration....so compression stress on top of compression stress.

AND....the truss was integrated with the roof structure that didn't go to the end of the bridge. So all the compression stress would flow through the concrete at the anchorage point and then down the last diagonal of the tress to the pier at the end of the bridge.

you seem legit so heres a protip.
ditch the memeflag.
then we can talk.

I honestly don't know what you are telling me... this is my first post. I was just trying to get the info out, it seems to be getting shut out.

THE JEWS DID THIS

Attached: 1494919615696.png (688x539, 332K)

No, you're a paid shill and you have a fucking meme flag. Suck a fucking dick kike because everyone on this board is sick and tired of you jews pretending like you're anything other than shills. Do you realize nobody pays attention to anything meme flags say anymore because you're all jewish shills?

#BuildWallsNotBridges

start posting this everywhere

Attached: ass bridge.png (1198x724, 1.69M)

You think it was willful negligence or just lazy?

What is a meme flag?

Negligence. Probably not willful. PEople are not that bright. Then you hire low-bid workers....

Oh, you!

Incorrect. Why would someone pay me to disclose information?

I thought you here would enjoy this topic/information, but you attack for reasons I don't understand. Maybe you are the "paid shill"?

>Incorrect. Why would someone pay me to disclose information?

Because it's disinfo and you're a kike shill.

Would you kindly debate what I've posted?

Geographic location is turned on by default.
You took the time to scroll through available flags to represent your nationality, and then chose white supremacy. Noone believes you are a white supremacist. therefore you are only doing it to hide your real country. 9/10 the people who do that are from Israel. So select geographic location or noone will care to read what you post.
I would like to talk about what your posting.

So you won't debate what I posted?

( I found and fixed your "issue")

Cuban Engineering.

>I worked at Hunter Crane Merchant Transport & Rigging (Less than a year)
>management is never on the same page with eachother or even the employees. always falling short of their promises and don't take care of the ones that take care of them

You got shit canned for working less than the bean eaters didn't you?

What?

I've never even been to FL. I thought a lot better of you Sup Forums before I posted. I thought you were thinkers.

Thank you sir, and what a beautiful flag it is at that. Pretty far from a Jew. But yeah youll notice people being nicer and more polite with your real flag. (its still /pol tho)

okay I dont know shit about bridges but this looks intresting enough to bump until an engineer shows up. OP is not a faggot. Anons get in here.

>I thought a lot better of you Sup Forums before I posted. I thought you were thinkers.

The meme flag suited you better I think.

Kys you jew faggot. Your people are all going to die very soon.

late stage capitalism

Where did that load cell pic come from?

Thank you. I've never posted, only taken information from Sup Forums. I didn't realize trivial things were so important. I basically derailed my own posting.

It is not from the same bridge. I was just trying to show a comparative tension application setup.

What? How is proper engineering jewish?

Yeah man. Sup Forums don't usually go for petty arguments about to prove someone right or wrong.
That's what twitter or other shitty social media are for.
I've only been on here for 4-5 months, myself.

You posted some super good shit tho.

Without the central tower and cables what and where would they be tensioning anything too, I don't understand.

Concrete can't take tension (almost none at all).
The bottom of a beam, or in this case, truss was in tension.
The post-tensioning puts it back into compression.

Attached: Euler.jpg (835x479, 57K)

The "ends" of the structure. It LOOKS like they were applying tension to end cable anchorages to the footings before they installed the tower, cables, and tensionend the cables. But this could would have greatly increased load down to the last diagonal, and snapped it like a breadstick.

Their are reasons to stress at different stages.
Def could have been a legitimate stressing.

How long had the shores been taken down
before they started stressing?

so wait how did the rigging fail? Just overloaded?

can a constructionfag or someone who'd know explain to my dumbass.... is there fuckery afoot or not? from my point of view "new" things like this bridge just don't collapse unless a human has fucked shit up.

Of course there are "reasons". But who knows you said what on a project like this. The company has had large pieces fall in the past. Think of torquing a cyl. head out of order, but the head was made out of concrete. Too much tension on the top of the structure.

Probably just incompetence and trying to save a $/speed things up.

damn. thanks bro.

Yes, 100% there is fuckery afoot.
These things are designed with a factor of safety somewhere between 2-3.
Somebody fucked up big time.
It's still not clear if it's engineering or the construction guys did something they weren't supposed to at the wrong time.

One school of thought is they overstressed it.
Another school says something fell from the crane.
On the other hand the engineer could have accounted for loads in the wrong construciton sequence.
The engineer could have just designed something shitty.

It would be sketchy to apply blame at this point, but I feel it lies somewhere between the new world "engineer" and the sequence of operations. In no way did this project have the correct x FoS/SF.

mechanical engineer here
fuckery is defintely afoot
Three reasons it could have failed, in order of likelihood:
(a) crane failure, this is most likely the case, 50% minimum
(b) improper installation, maybe they didnt tension it correctly, steel inside was not pretensioned correctly, concrete not allowed to cure properly etc etc .... 35%
(c) shitty engineering, this is rare, not because engineers are any good, but because for civil (static) structures we generally have huge safety factors, like x5,x10, and even x20

anyways i understand it was built by niggers and spics, and mostly killed liberals, so who really cares,

Yeah, but I cam here in hopes of speculation.
You can't get it better anywhere other than /po/

SF=0.78
>Looks good

SF=5 is really shitty.
SF=10 will get you fired

he's reading a business review you fucking idiots

You are truly a P.E.?
It's already be deducted down to hyd. tensioning...
Unless full retards were doing the rigging. The ring was WAY undersized if they were doing what you say.

What?

The manner in which the OP wrote his blogpost about the rigging company led me to believe he was copying a review written somewhere, probably a BBB or similar website review.

They aren't trusses they are literally a retarded cable stay they clearly never finished. Took me a while to understand why they aren't attached to anything

The length to depth ratio looks very high. The lack of symmetry and the irregular columns is unsettling. I'm thinking the slab was post-tensioned (from the photos) and the anchorage slipped. If the truss was supposed to be able to span simply across the roadway without the cable supports, why were the cable supports necessary at all? In the completed structure, it looks like the truss was to be continuous, and cable stayed. So the temporary condition was critical. I know, more loading in the permanent condition, but not enough to override the construction loading.

I copied it from the link I added.

It's both a truss and a cable stayed.
But stay cables weren't put in yet.

Attached: Bridge.jpg (447x518, 40K)

At this point, I'd go with inadequate stability bracing of the top chord.

This

Not this
It was def a strength issue, not stability.

Poor quality link;
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article205443304.html

You are in for a shock. They don't even google shit before saying something dumb.

Q larped this.

The autists here are retarded when they can't debate your point.

1. low grade concrete. mafia and other ppl have been known to suppy less than adequate quality of concrete for projects.
2. chinese steel. its got false quality info/standards most of the time

strength v. stability..... when it falls.... I think a "failure" of the end irregular column, then it slid off foundation. Check out all the guys looking at that area before collapse.

Cuban company

Attached: whitemen.jpg (676x934, 266K)

Working with Talahassee engineering company.

Attached: engineeringfirm.jpg (677x698, 271K)

I feel this is a compliment from here.

And the forever classic merchant cranes, allegedly responsible for the collapse.

Attached: merchant.jpg (897x530, 153K)

Attached: fullretard.jpg (644x1088, 835K)

Wow:
igg is an internationally known company with a strong record, but in 2012 a bridge project that it oversaw in Virginia also collapsed during construction. There were no serious injuries after that collapse. Here is everything you need to know about Figg, including a list of other bridges that Figg has built and designed around the country.

Not really.
I memeflag for the lulz and get reactions for shitposts.
It's pretty odd. The autists think shills use memeflag to hide their Iraeli flags.
As if the IDF would not just us a proxy.

This virtue signaling tweet will also go to the museum of backfires.

Attached: 1521145382580.jpg (750x1103, 469K)

nice, saved

Some of you are cool. Stay off these bridges forever: Here’s a partial list of some of the bridges that Figg has helped build or is helping build: Cochrane Bridge in Alabama; Dauphin Island Bridge Alabama; Hanging Lake Viaduct CO; Fourth Street Bridge CO; C&D Canal Bridge in Delaware; Sunshine Parkway Bridge in Florida; Seven Mile Bridge FL; Mid-Day Bridge FL; Broadway Bridge FL; John T. Collinson Bridge FL; Selmon Expressway in FL; Long Key Bridge FL; 17th Street Bridge FL; Garcon Point Bridge in Florida; Marta Atlanta GA; Clark Bridge in Illinois; Red River Bridge Louisiana; Leonard P. Zakim Bridge in MA; I-93 Ramps and Viaducts in MA; Wmata MD; Penobscot Narrows Bridge ME; Sagadahoc Bridge ME; Wiscasset Bridge ME; New I-35W Bridge Minnesota; Wabasha Freedom Bridge MN; I-110 Biloxi MS; Escatawpa River Bridge MS; Albemarle Sound NC; Blue Ridge Parkway Viaduct NC; Four Bears Bridge in ND; Victory Bridge NJ; Airtrain JFK NY; Veterans’ Glass City Skyway in Ohio; Sailboat Bridge OK; Susquehanna River Bridge PA; James Edwards Bridge SC; Veterans’ Memorial Bridge in Texas; Houston Ship Channel TX; San Antonio Y in TX; Colorado River Bridge Utah; Smart Road Bridge Virginia; Varina-Enon Bridge in Virginia; Jordan Bridge in Virginia; and Third Lake Bridge WA.

Wow.

concrete can't, but that's why they use what is known as reforced concrete

at least get your basics right

>tfw we demand a warning label on all bridges, towers, or any other structure that could assault our chil'ren due to having a woman involved with the design at any point

We just want to have a safe space, bitches

Attached: 1447237145812.jpg (933x1122, 485K)

*reinforced

Holy shit, I had not read the intro lines... fixed it

Attached: engineeringfirm.jpg (677x900, 340K)

Attached: women engineers.jpg (768x1018, 193K)

Also found this somewhere:
MCM was awarded a contract to expand the airport and had built a bridge through the area for airport workers to walk on so they could reach the restrooms during construction. The TSA employee, Jose Perez, was injured when the temporary bridge broke beneath him on October 20, 2016. His attorney said he had multiple broken bones and damage to his spine.

muh muh muh scary meme flag!

Oy vey!!

Jesus.. such art indeed.
This pic is worth a standalone

Attached: FIGG.jpg (677x206, 71K)

This is a political board where we can hear opinions based on geographic location. By not doing that, you're obviously not here for fun, because it's much more fun to speak as your country than as some fucking meme. If you don't want to remove the meme flag, and you're obviously a white supremacist, post a picture of your skin with a timestamp on it and some sort of proof of white supremacy memorabilia.

Attached: 1485033732357.png (702x609, 639K)

Linda Figg, Owner

In the ideal of Sup Forums; fuck off and die.

Debate the facts. Only a beta would complain about what you are queefing about.

You are acting like a pathetic little bitch

Added that exec to it

Attached: integrityVSdiversity.jpg (644x1427, 1.01M)

Attached: DYW1ftIWAAARw6U.jpg (800x600, 123K)

the bridge was 56% failproof

I would say 'in the spirit of Sup Forums', but I actually kind of agree with you, memeflaggot. Just keep in mind that just as you have the right to use troll flags, we have the right to taunt you about it, if we want. This is the true spirit of Sup Forums. Your point that debating the facts is the most important thing is also true, and anyone that uses flaggotry to ad hom any other user is, indeed, the faggiest of faggors

>this copypasta shit
Oh fuck off you annoying twat!! You aren't even funny.

Attached: hahahahaha.gif (500x289, 1.35M)

maybe throw in images of the collapse

why would they conduct such a test while there was traffic under the fucking bridge?

Attached: 1 .jpg (1920x1080, 897K)

Attached: 2.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

No.

The tensioning was via hydraulic load.

Attached: 3.png (800x549, 765K)

Why were they putting up the walkway but adding the tower with tension cables , that stabilize the bridge,over a 9 month period?

They're very stupid.Most people that work in government are. They probably used illegals/cubans,shitty Chinese steel,crappy concrete etc.
My guess is the cable snapped and that downward force causeed it to pancake.

Attached: 4.png (800x600, 832K)

>they were applying tension to end cable anchorages to the footings before they installed the tower, cables, and tensionend the cables. This would have greatly increased load down to the last diagonal, and snapped it like a breadstick. Check out the latest photos I posted, it was the last diag like I thought.

>56% meme flag
>Pretty far from a Jew

Attached: 1520650047493.jpg (477x464, 69K)

holy fuuuuuck all those surnames.