Houseki no Kuni

Interview with Director Takahiko Kyougoku on the deliberate use of CG, adapting from manga to anime and the series' unique ambiguity
>blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/10/31/land-of-the-lustrous-director-takahiko-kyougoku-interview/

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/10/31/land-of-the-lustrous-director-takahiko-kyougoku-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is Dia so perfect?

>ctrl +f "grass"
>match found
Good interview.

wait a minuet your saying their use of CG was deliberate?

NE

Yes

Well it was a really pleasant read.
I just wonder if producers have been convinced by the warm reception for multiple seasons.
At this point, I want to see it all animated like this until the epilogue

MURI
NO TE
TOJIKO

MERARETEITE

is anyone excited or even aware HnK will be the next big feature for (NQ)DS? ((Not Quite) Daily Show)

What's that?

only the greatest analysis series on youtube at the moment. youtube.com/channel/UC71rpZEsHZKr56TkE7TsQaQ/videos

OPotY easily

Please leave fucking youtubshit channels on the door the rare times you come visit Sup Forums. thanks

Princess Princilesbian is a good rival for that. I couldn't force myself to skip it even a single time

>youtube shit
Kill yourself my man.

I want Bort to look at me like if I was trash

don't look at spoiler tags if you think you'll get upset newfag

The ED is great, can't stop listening too it. Might be the best of the year. The full version is even better.

I want a full version of Cinnabeau

Dia makes me diamonds.

The only tiny problem I have with it is that this distinctly looks like Bort when this ED isn't about her at all

Are you, like, bortsexual or something?

The ED symbolizes a lot of stuff that happens in the story that doesn't have anything to do with Shinsha. Bort plays a bigger role later on for a while, though I'm not sure if we're having that covered this season.

Like a jellyfish

Can Bort detatch her head and fight just with it using her hair as tentacles?

>I'm not sure if we're having that covered this season
Higly unlikely.

P-Phosu?

kek

Unless they really drag out winter to almost one chapter per episode, that arc is getting covered. The dog is in the ending too.

>The dog is in the ending too
Uh, never noticed

I want to see Ichikawa-sensei

>blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/10/31/land-of-the-lustrous-director-takahiko-kyougoku-interview/
>One fact I learned that I found surprising was that the gems are actually wearing mourning clothes.
Were mourning clothes always supposed to be sexy?

The director likes Morganite?!

>looking up the various gems' seiyuu
>Alexandrite by Kugimiya Rie
Worst gem confirmed.

I see it as a casting gag because of Alex's abilities.

That's what he said
Probably talking about looks

How on earth did she put Phos together like that in one night? For immortal beings they sure do work fast.

Doc quack quite literally work all day.

Did it so many times she can identify the position of every single shard

is this manga about betrayals?
>redundant!

It's about Buddhism.

It's about Phos's paranoia catching up with her idiocy.

>Buddhism
Is Buddhism about betrayals and gems fighting?

>paranoia
You mean it's psychological desu shit?

Is about sensei not assisting the moon people into reaching the after life.

It's meta? I mean...moon people are basically dead humans...and gems are aliens?

Gems origins are unknown, sensei gives them form and beatiful, moon people are spirits in the purgatory, slugs are a subspecies of the original humans, sensei is a robot made to pray the last human into after life.

that still doesn't answer the question...what the hell are the gems? and why do they kill humans and themself?

All humies are dead, the 5th comet kill them all.

Was that the origin of all gems?
And why gems "die"?

Gems die because fuck you, their origins are unknown so far, you can go full Buddhist and say they represent the human spirit or something.

>their origins are unknown so far
what if the comet are the gems and the comet are come from the moon?

Yes.

>amazing asses
>purest personalities
>don't poop

Isn't it obvious? Gems are the absolute perfect beings.

I think I understand all of the symbology of the ED except for that ball of something that crashes against the water.

you say that to my face fucker, Alex a best

Where did this come from? I love it.

>Gem people orgy turned to last-man standing everytime.

I wonder to whom that small pink shard on Phos' chest belongs to.

Why is Jade such a dork?

Oni san packing a nice butt.

Is that Rutile sticking their hand through Padparadscha's lower abdomen hole?

Oh god Antarc
I am not ready for the winter episodes

Remember its smooth and feels nice to touch.

Quack doc has a gemfu?

Yep, a sleepy one

A bishonen gemfu.

>Mercury overtakes gold

That's kinky in a yandere way

If this is bishonen, then I'm a fujoshi

So contrary to popular fan belief Cinnabar is the dominant one.

She's having a bad time because she's fighting her true nature.

>funbags doesn't fall out of the bowl

Morga a qt.

More irrelevant than Jade, unfortunately.

NEVER TRUST GAUNA

Has it ever been revealed or estimated on how tall these minerals are? This is vital for me to know.

Cuz feet suckers

I hope they will release all the sheets with the BDs

>unable to protect this smile

The OP makes one feel sad

There are people who claim that the moon people have those origins, but the moon people themselves are unaware of memories before being moon people so I'm suspicious if any of it is true.

>Shinsha smile was never there to begin with
>There is no fucking way Phos can give her one

Phos can't save shit anyway. She's actually more of a destroyer of smiles than anything.

Use grass as term of comparison

Horrifying, disgusting, irredeemable

Rude

I don't think we get a good reference but there is a point where the lunarians send down a copy of the human who created sensei, although poorly made. Sensei seems to believe it's her at first so the size is most likely right. Not only that but they send Sensei's shogi board, which leads me to believe the gems are the same size as us.

>I believe it was two years ago, around the time I was working on GATE, that I was approached by (Katsuhiro) Takei from TOHO. Upon reading the original manga, I was left with the impression that it would be difficult to surpass it by just copying what was on the page panel by panel, and that if we were to animate it, it should be done in CG. I replied as such, but it seems as though that had been Takei-san’s intentions all along.
2Dfags BTFO

Somehow the manga tricked me into believing she was going to be quite important but then Dia stole that position.

3D is shit, HnK by ufotable when?

Urusai wa.

How far will we get, gem enthusiasts?
Will it get passed the timeskip?

>sensei not assisting the moon people into reaching the after life.
Not sensei's fault that the moon people are always been discontent unlike that dog.

It will most likely pass the first one.

I want to fuck them in their butts. hmanga when

just one lonely bump with a lonely gemboy