Whats 20 years from now going to look like...

Whats 20 years from now going to look like? Are there just not going to be anymore brick and mortar stores outside grocery stores? Is our only choice to buy things going to be amazon? How will the toy industry even survive if showrooms for their products don't exist anymore?

Attached: toysrus-1520623037-2086.jpg (800x600, 122K)

Backwards R.

Man-children whining about it closing up.

Stupid Russian infiltration.

Where did I whine exactly?

This
I always thought this was TOYS RUS
not toys r us
Because of backwards R

You're a crybaby because a toy store chain is going bankrupt.

You don't want to grow up. You want to be a Toys Я Us kid.

blame amazon
its fucking killing everything

Everything is going to go online. Lots and lots of low paying retail jobs will be lost and replaced with automated picking lines in warehouses. Look for construction to move to warehouse built (by machines) and shipped to site where possible too.

To be honest toys r us was depressing as fuck anyways. And has been for 20 years.

And people not having money to waste on toys. You buy a video game and shut your kid in his room for a month

Blame Toys R Us for not adapting.

>lmao why you bitching about yet another source of employment bailing on the entire god damn nation???

I miss the gundam toys. Battle scarred gundams were my shit

Should they have moved a McDonald's or Subway into the store and started to accept EBT?

Retail is retarded.
>can I have your email?
20 feet of LEGO products, 20 feet of Barbie parducts but the one you want is always out

Toys R Us had shit deals and didn't change with the times.

Not surprised they failed. Surprised it took so long for it to happen.

One day you will hear a whirring in your backyard and find out that your teenager has been having his weekly stash of weed shipped to him by an unmarked drone.

I am asking questions about the industry I don't give a fuck about the store.

Those are franchises dummy. The only thing Toys R Us would get from them is rent money.

Blame the nigger who transferred a shit ton of debt to it and dumped it, also its the same nigger who kill KBtoys

It went into massive debt before Amazon that loomed over it for decades. This is typical corporate raiding where a fat fuck with an Ivy league degree runs the business into the ground but masks it with debt to protect his stocks. He/they cash out over time, the business goes bankrupt after and other fat ivy leagues come in to sell off pieces. None of them ever did anything to earn ownership, and lacked the creativity to make the actual business work.

Its really sad. My gramps used to take me here to buy me whatever I wanted when I was a kid. Its certainly sad to see it go, I wont be able to do the same thing with my grandkids. Toys R Us, you will never be forgotten.

Don't forgot that automated processes aren't perfect and need about one operator per system to keep things moving smoothly and clear out potential errors. People won't have to break their backs to work anymore but they will still have the opportunity to work. As the next generation of children grow up learning low level programming languages you'll start to see many facets of daily life change radically.

You know Sup Forums is a bunch of fucking children when the current event they want to discuss is a fucking toy store.

So long last toy store
So long childhood memories
Childhood memories have already been tainted by spics and niggers ruining everything in the stores anyways.

Jews, the word you're looking for is jews.

Welcome to Capitalism faggot. Enjoy your stay.

What did he mean by this?

>Man-children whining about it closing up.

Pretty much.
>muh legos
>muh childhood
They say as they order a game off steam, and toys off ebay and amazon.

Toys r us has been dead in the water for nearly 20 years. Failure the adapt to the online situation, expensive prices, and crummy dirty stores.

>How will the toy industry even survive if showrooms for their products don't exist anymore?

The industry is changing, your just too stupid to see it. Kids over the age of five want tablets and game consoles. They don't want teddy bears and plastic doll houses. Wal Mart and tv/internet ads will lead kids to the toys they want. Toys r us was a piss poor 'showroom' for toys anyway.

Sort of. Brick and mortar was dying before amazon showed up. There's also rent prices to blame.

How is brick and mortar dead thanks to Amazon?

-Amazon plans to buy thousands of brick and mortar Whole Foods stores. -
---Amazon plans to build thousands of Amazon Fresh grocery stores
--- Amazon plans to build hundreds of brick and mortar Amazon Book stores
--- Amazon was rumored to Create their own furniture brick and mortar stores last year
--- Amazon was rumored to buy Sam Club brick and mortar wholesale club stores
--- walmart continues to prosper and grow 70 years after being founded and amazons growth in prime membership has recently stalled

You also have a very American centric point of view... shows how narrow minded and stupid you are. Amazon doesn’t exist in China market share wise, it’s all JD, alibaba, and others. In India it’s flipcart. Japan it’s Rakuten. Mexico it’s mercado libre or some shit.

You’re a dumb guy

This is the sad future I'm living in where all kids are now entertained by kill everyone simulators and alienating themselves from their family. I guess on the plus side with everything being digital there is no waste.

Hey does it sound like a dying giraffe over there?

Attached: pride3-thumb.jpg (1112x1008, 407K)

Actually it was Mitt Romney and Bain Capital that fucked over TRU. So not exactly Jews but not Christian either.

Attached: ashleyw-3.jpg (747x598, 184K)

There is a perfect storm of degeneracy going on here. Parents just don't want to raise their kids anymore and iPads give them the perfect automated baby sitter but its disgusting to watch. I babysat my sisters kids and they just sat there playing shit quality games, occasionally watching a random youtube video and this could go on for hours. The only thing that broke them out is when I started play wrestling my nephew and pretended to be WWE fighters. Literally the only other thing he will do besides play iPads. They have a switch at home with 3 unopen games since Christmas and it's fucking bizarre that they would rather play games that simply require tapping. My mom freaked out when she came over and took their iPads away and said no more because she couldn't handle it.

General Stores (Walmart/Target), Grocery Stores, Big-ticket item stores (cars, guns, whirlpool tubs), Construction/Materials stores, stores in central malls, stores for branding, high-end retailers, specialty shops, liquor/convenience stores, stores in high traffic areas will all continue to exist. But yeah, general retail is dead for brick and mortar. Find your niche, find your survivable area, or move the fuck on.

Kids will spend their leisure time completely on the Internet instead of playing with toys. The question is moot.

I wonder what the statistics of kids playing sports nowadays are compared earlier gens

Definitely less. At most, theres interest in soccer from Mexicans and still a slight but much softer push from diehard conservatives for football and baseball. Sports in general are on the decline, but exercise (running and/or lifting weights) seems to be more common now