Is Saint Seiya worth watching if I'm not Brazilian?

is Saint Seiya worth watching if I'm not Brazilian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3e2wwyjUCs
youtube.com/watch?v=4VhmxpZLay4
youtube.com/watch?v=f0WSFPMj7zg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWaWwUi8_Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSo36DysxI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1AjkVWEeGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not just huehues, it's liked everywhere except for anglo countries.

Sure, assuming you like classical shonen tropes and bishonen characters

I like that stuff but is that all it is? I finished YYH recently and that had a lot of classic tropes but at the same time it felt like it had some original ideas and interesting things were touched upon sometimes

I'm sure the animation is mostly lackluster but is it like more modern shonens where they still pump some budget into the more important fights?

Hell no, it's garbage.

Saint seiya doesn't have the best fights as they're mostly static but they excell in the emotional aspect. They do get better in the final arc though.

It's just a generic shounen, nothing too interesting but not bad either.

Will I become brazillian if i watch saint seiya

It's the father of battle shonen

The english subs are garbage

It probably has a cult following at best in North America.

the ones from AB seem alright so far, though I just finished the first episode and I'm only really talking about a lack of typos/grammar errors

eat shit
sanctuary arc is pretty nice

well just checked out the info for it and there's nothing on a group so now I'm worried it'll just go to shit

can anyone confirm if the remastered torrent from AB's subs get shittier? unfortunately seems like that's the case as I'm looking at some MAL forum right now and everyone else is saying the subs are garbage too

I think there are decent subs for the first 60 episodes somewhere

If you like mindless shonen fights, this is for you.

Watch Lost Canvas instead
it's the superior version
it has the best girl in the whole series too

It's alright. It basically invented the modern concept of the rescue arc.

Also get used to "that attack doesn't work on my twice" being wrong every time, because Seiya is a one-trick pony.

I already watched it and the lack of an ending bugged me

I enjoyed it well enough but I don't feel like it would be that enjoyable for me to read as a manga

any idea how bad it gets after that? It seems fine now but I don't want to commit to a show if the subs will be unbearable, I hate skipping episodes or leaving shows unfinished

Seiya gets rekt plenty of time, his victories all come down to O MY SEVENTH SENSE

What I mean is he never tries anything NEW, he just goes "but if I punch FASTER, then it'll work!"

You watch the show for Ikki.

>Saint Seiya
>not Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque

The soundtrack and chainsaw hairs are top tier, watch it

This motherfucker was so cool Ikki and Shiryu made the show for me desu fuck the rest of the cast

12 Zodiac temples is nice, everything else is more or less a rehash

God Warrior Hyoga was the best

Literally Sasuke

If Sasuke was fucking Cool

Yes, you start making macaco soup and everything

Yes but only if you watch it dubbed.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3e2wwyjUCs

OP here

this show is pretty aesthetic, I don't know if it's hipster bias because it's older or if it's the coloring/shading but despite all of the cuts and some less than stellar animation it's still pleasing to look at

who knows how long that will last though

Hand drawn is better than digital

If Sasuke's only purpose was to show up twice as strong as he was before, fight the boss, lose and die, but weaken the boss enough for Naruto to win

It's pretty aesthetic, most of the fights itself is nothing to write home about since it's all about spamming your special move, but i always get a kick out of watching the characters getting rekt
The second and third OVA in particular are fucking great visually

His armor is broken. It lets him come back from death and grow stronger with each rebirth. It's way better than the silver armor

Kinda like this?

I find it hard to see the generic part. The armor concept was pretty interesting and had lots of cool designs and ideas during the whole bronze/silver/gold "civil war".

Characters feel specially less tropey than shounen series nowadays (e.g., Boku no Hero) and doesn't cling to Japanese stuff like most others do.

It's sad because up until the end he actually was stronger than the whole main cast always.

>lost canvas manga
You dodge a pretty shitty bullet my man
That shit gets absolutely ridiculous

Nah, as long you are not an angry burger you will love it.

Hey
He gets all spins and shit sometimes

Yeah static movements but there are some good animated backgrounds and special effects most of it, also the art its pretty and consistent.

DAILY REMINDER THAT SHUN IS STRONGER THAN IKKI BUT HE IS LITERALLY THE DEFINITION OF A PUSSY

Jesus this art, the guys are kids not some roided monster

its still hand drawn thou

Definitely.

Of course he is stronger, guy is literally a god

youtube.com/watch?v=4VhmxpZLay4

the one true opening

That's cool and all user, but back here we had an loli talking about the show before every episode!
youtube.com/watch?v=f0WSFPMj7zg
i swear i thought she looked older,
haven't seen this shit since 1994

Kinda like Goku, just change faster with harder

Once upon a time battle shounen had god tier OST. Saint Seiya is one of those.
Many tropes on current shounen comes from Kurumada's works.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWaWwUi8_Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSo36DysxI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1AjkVWEeGY
The OST is fucking great.

I like how early on they try to make Jabu look important
In fact if you go entirely blind it's impossible to guess who they MCs will be, everyone just blends in the opening

My sides.

He was actually supposed to be part of the main cast but ultimately was not due to how similar he was to Seiya.

You mean more similar than Shun/Hyoga and Seiya/Ikki? The manga has some serious issues in making the characters look distinct, especially in colored pages

Not that user, but when Kurumada said Jabu was too similar to Seiya, he was talking about his personality, not his design.

BEHIND YOU

Why do anglo countries dont like saint seiya was the dub shitty to hate it?
or wasnt a thing in these countries?

It may not be an action packed anime, but one thing is undenyable: The OST is GOAT

and as it has been stated before, it has pretty nice effects and asthetics. also is a pretty emotional anime (for a shonen that is)

Watched up to silver saints so far and it's pretty mediocre.

It was the shitty dubs, but I also think it's a cultural thing. It seems non-anglos have a greater appreciation / fascination with mythology in general.

Shitty dub by DIC.
Same thing happened to Sailor Moon.