Studio is C-Station.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Herms98/status/925576401088004097
youtube.com/watch?v=mVscQYjuq_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like fujoshit.

>C-Station
>they've only done a few short series before
Of course it's some cheap no-name studio.

Some more seiyuu were confirmed, too.

Shinkouhyou: Kosuke Toriumi
Hiko: Yoshimasa Hosoya
Fugen: Nobunaga Shimazaki

Outenkun is also on the character page. Wonder how long it'll be.

It doesn't look awful from the PV at least.

Not like this

We don't care about fujoshit

is this a remake?

Wish they told who voices Bukichi too. I worry that they might cut him and other important characters out completely.

Yes.

>It's a "show has more than two male characters so it's fujoshit" episode

I beg to differ. That PV barely looks animated

Well that shit tier series had a shit tier ending so it is only fitting

is that a moomin

It's a hippo.

The original Orange-kun

>Clown is voiced by vape wizard
It's perfect

I'm still optimistic even with the no-name studio. Just confused by Outenkun on the character page, doesn't he appear way later? Been a while since I read.

Fugen, too, actually, now that I think about it.

>Fugen: Nobunaga Shimazaki
Nice, it's the same guy who voices Kaidou. is Fugen a chuuni now?

Who's voicing her?

Not announced yet. inb4 Yoko Hikasa.

>Studio is C-Station.

They're doing that AND Yurucamp on the same season?! Oh boy!

Isn't listed yet.

Are her sisters going to appear also?

does this still have a big fanbase?

twitter.com/Herms98/status/925576401088004097

outenkun shows up way before the big fight between taikoubou and bunchuu I think?

BLASTO BURN

>Shinkouhyou: Kosuke Toriumi
>Hiko: Yoshimasa Hosoya

Nice but I'm sure people will be upset Ishida isn't voicing Shinkouhyou again.

Since the way they wrote the director's name doesn't actually get you results, it's Aizawa Masahiro.

>Maiko Iuchi doing music
Nice.

It is a shame but understandable. Since other characters had new seiyuu I imagine they wanted to just replace everyone.

Won't Outenkun be voiced by OnoK too? He'll likely voice Fukki anyway, if the series ever gets that far. And God I hope they fix Fukki's design, it was such a mess in the manga.

That's a good point. I guess we'll find out if they continue to keep his seiyuu a secret even while it airs.

Wow, I haven't seen this since high school. Hopefully they don't go anime original like the first anime run.

Doesn't look like it. But there is a possibility it'll be compressed depending on how many episodes.

New anime's twitter has 50k followers.

Going to feel a bit weird hearing the new voices since I own a character song CD and used to hearing the old ones, but I'm somewhat looking forward to this.

Why does he look like such a manlet?

Happy to see Taikoubou return to Sun Tsu is way through another adaptation

So it's no longer just "Houshin Engi" but "Hakyuu Houshin Engi". I'm beginning to think that this'll just be a small part of the story, 12 or 24 episodes max.

Honestly I'd have been more surprised if it got more than two cour.

Then why even bother to remake it in the first place then?
>Manga was finished
>No material to advertise

They should adapt it completely if they want money.

Nips seem awfully concerned about Takahashi Natsuko working on this. Does she have a bad track record or something?

What are they saying? I'm looking at her resume and don't see any particular bad pattern. Some well known good shows listed, even. The worst I saw was smartphone isekai but it's not like she's responsible for the source material.

Maybe they're concerned since she's worked on the scripts for Bleach's tv show and movies? OTOH, among her works, she also did the scripts for Nura, Gankutsuou and Hell Girl.

Nothing specific, just that it's doomed from the start etc. Though maybe it's not the best idea to take news blogs' comment sections seriously, as nips can shitpost just like everyone else.

No please don't joke about something like that.

Clearly it's gonna be Saori Hayami

Yeah both he and Fugen do but's still kinda early for them to introduce them. They even show a part of the big fight. It make me think they will cut a lot.

Houshin Engi was one of the first series to get me to beg my parents to subscribe me to Shonen Jump. I am so fucking excited for this reboot. Also, if I remember right, my boy Taikoubou is a Shonen Protag done right because he's a smug bastard half the time.

Taikoubou is definitely one of the better shounen protags out there and one of my favorites. He often used trickery to win rather than his fists. He's genuinely clever despite his attitude.

Too be fair, I'm pretty sure this is one of the three other people besides me said about Ushio to Tora getting remade too. Though that wasn't by such a smaller studio.

Still mad about the fact that The Vampire is half of his power & personality.

>has the end of the sennin war

Sweet.

Hope they get to the end of the empire too. Looking forward to animated Dakki.

Is this about Jian zhiya fighting some vixens? I seem to have read this manga many years ago.

>Studio is C-Station.

I don't really have an opinion on them since they seem to be mostly a subcontractor who helps out with stuff. Can't say this excites me.

As for the PV, backgrounds look great, designs and animation looked "cost efficient". There was an ungodly amount of closeups, zoomcam and pan and scan shots. None of it looked particularly bad, apart from the fact that this is the PV, which is supposed to rope you in, so I wish it would have been flashier.

At least the designs are alright
Retard.

Looks gay.

But it is fujoshit.

I wish.

oh no they are gonna cut chou komei aren't they

The manga is still the product to sell

This series is based on Fengshen Yanyi right?

How are they gonna cram 17 books in 12 episodes?

My boy Raishinshi too, probably

How do you know it will only have 12 episodes?

Here's the staff and cast, guys.

Staff
Director: Masahiro Aizawa
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
Character Designer: Yoshimitsu Yamashita
Music: Maiko Iuchi
Animation Production: C-Station

Additional cast

Additional Cast
Yoshimasa Hosoya
Nobunaga Shimazaki
Tomoaki Maeno
Kousuke Toriumi

youtube.com/watch?v=mVscQYjuq_s

Anime original might be better than the original ending.

>Tomoaki Maeno
>Nobunaga Shimazaki
Okay. I'm sold, but a bit sad that Ogata and Ishida won't be repeating their roles.

How old is this series again?

It's old enough to legally browse this site.

It looks alright, I just hope they try to stick to the original source as much as possible

What's with the feet? Some '90s leftover?

Thought that was a Moomin for a second.

>Anime original might be better than the original ending.
Oh fuck off. Houshin Engi manga ending is well done. You should change nothing at all.

Isn't this a jump manga that ended quite some tine ago, why is there an adaption now?

They're finally realizing it's a good idea to do it.

They are remaking Houshin Engi?

Darn, now I remembered that I need to finish the manga.

Yep. The spiritual predecessor.

Hello darkness my old friend

What's her name again?

Might as well scrap the anime then.

Who cares, spy girl was way better.

>Suddenly Alien

That's how it was designed in the first place. I found odd too, but once the show gets rolling you'll get used to it.

oh shit I remmber this.

No wait, its hella old I don't remember this

Can you do a stitch of the background at the beginning?

Though apparently not good enough of an idea to have a good studio do it.

Thank you!

My only worry is that they're probably gonna rush this too much. Seeing this guy in the promotional art makes me almost certain of it.

Hella sweet user, thanks.

How the hell is almost every female character, as little number as they are, evil in this show?

Here is some more.

Really nice user, thanks. The backgrounds were the best part of the PV.