Birdy the Mighty

Have you watched Decode yet?
>but I heard it's meh
WATCH IT FAGGOT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6kc8utR5lg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked it. It has good sci fi adventure stuff and the characters are likable

Great! That's one person already converted.

Any more volunteers?

ok

I mean I already watched part of the first season. I just got to finish the rest sometime.

It's on my backlog but nowhere near the top.

The soundtrack is so good
My morning alarm is the Birdy theme

ye.
The main dude and all the highschool shit did it's best to ruin it but i still liked it.

I plan on watching it alongside Diebuster sometime in the near future.

birdy was good. tsutomu was fucking garbage, and ruined everything he touched.

just give me a series about her doing rad birdy shit.

I already did.
Birdy will forever hold a special place in my heart

That mindwipe shit they did with Nakasugi was fucking trash. Not only does it erase an entire season's worth of progress, it would have been nice to see an MC with a girlfriend. Also the childhood friend is shit.

I waited to watch season 2 for at least 2 years. That is because I am a weirdo who buys DVDs to watch something. If you end up liking season 1 (in entirety), you will LOVE season 2.

Oh, and speaking of DVDs... I recommend buying PAL. 576p >>> 480p.

You shut your fucking whore mouth! Tsutomu Senkawa is the best ordinary high school student ever conceived. He is not a pussy, but not a stubborn dumb over-achiever either. Never the perfect detective, nor a dumbass. Bland enough to be relateable, yet has enough personality and subtleties to feel like a unique human bean.

Plus, he saved the day on multiple occasions, despite having no superpowers.

Maybe there will. Maybe........ there will. We are getting a Hey Arnold movie, and just got Samurai Jack season 5 (unfortunately) and what were the chances of those things ever happening?

It's dead, Jim.

The best we can hope for is another reboot.

Poasting for new people
youtube.com/watch?v=t6kc8utR5lg

>best thing we can hope for is something second best
That's not how you hope, simpleton.

Birdy is unfortunately not old enough for that to happen again so soon.

Let's see who buys the rights to the show NOW and when/if the show is re-released. Then, if the sales are high enough, that may allow for season 3.

So, the license needs to be rescued first.

I've planning to watch it someday. But should I begin with the OVA from 1997 or the two seasons from 2008-2009 ?

I thought it was pretty meh.

The 2 seasons you mentioned are a reboot, set in its own continuity.

As someone on ANN said, "any show that makes Shyamalan the villain deserves my respect".

I will never believe you fucks in saying that the final battle in season 2 was INTENDED. Fuck you. They lost budget. Easy as that. It wasn't an artistic choice. No matter how much you fucks spin it, or even the studio.

The director himself said it, he gave the animators a lot of freedom. Think about it, if they ran out of budget there's no way they could afford the huge amount of drawings needed for all the action. The animation styles are also pretty consistent with the usual output of the animators involved in those episodes, though with a but more animator freedom. A chunk of the main action animators for the finale went on the work on the famous Naruto Pain episode so it's definitely intentional.

That wibbly melty over tweened thing is just what animators did when they tried to be impressive back in those days.
It still shows up every now and then but it's usually less obnoxious

Bump. If this thread is still alive when I get back, I'll dump a shitload of artwork.