Cutting down on plastic

I'm not paranoid or a health freak but I think some of the ways we're using plastics today will be seen as horrifying in the future.

Example: I've been searching long and far for a convenient way (water cooker or percolation) to make coffee without having boiling water touching a piece of plastic, with no luck yet.

Maybe we can have a thread about reducing exposure to plastics and give each other tips?

Attached: rtyryrtyrtyrt.jpg (640x416, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Tops-55705-Stovetop-Percolator-Stainless/dp/B000VP7HQ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot
youtube.com/watch?v=QoLs_Zttmcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus that castle is beautiful

Yep. It's in Romania. Unfortunately the surrounding area looks grimy as hell, with random factories, etc.

it's made by Hungarians

That's Corvin Castle in Romania
Pic related is Neuschwanstein in Germany

Attached: Neuschwanstein.jpg (2000x1200, 1.49M)

neah, it was made by Transylvanians for a Romanian king, probably built with romanian workforce

This is now a castle thread

Chateau de Chenonceau, France

Attached: 2435342.jpg (1200x645, 183K)

Peles Castle, Romania

Attached: Peles castle.jpg (1600x954, 419K)

get a chemex user

>make coffee without having boiling water touching a piece of plastic
You my friend need a real coffee machine. It can be shipped all over the world, just go to the vendors page.

Attached: lapavoni1905.png (408x547, 166K)

Hohenzollern Castle, Germany

Attached: 134321345.jpg (920x450, 88K)

Not the best pic, but I've always liked this castle and the surrounding town. Daily life there in its prime would have been interested to witness.

Attached: 1463026949892.jpg (2811x1993, 1.9M)

Kasteel de Haar, Netherlands

Attached: 2435432.jpg (960x600, 118K)

I like it a little bigger.

Attached: 152120654594.jpg (2048x1536, 1.01M)

This is now also a door knocker thread.

Attached: door knocker.jpg (1020x368, 167K)

Noice, Mont Sant Michel isn't it?

Attached: 245342.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Fucking castle fags.

There arw glass stovetop coffee pots.

Plastic is awesome. There are some things you cant make without plastic or things that are inferior to plastic. Syringes for one. Yes they used to use metal and glass but those were awful compared to what we have today.

Get yourself a stainless steel kettle and stainless steel french press.

Attached: Abelard and Heloise in eternal repose.jpg (600x472, 61K)

Castle of La Mota, Spain

Attached: 245432.jpg (2640x1760, 2.37M)

Why can't you see

Attached: 1375672011978.jpg (3888x2592, 2.95M)

Osaka Castle, Japan

Attached: 24353432.jpg (2000x640, 282K)

I've always used a metal + glass percolator to make coffee as that's what my father always did. Don't even know how normies make coffee do they use those Keurig and Mr. Coffee things?

I assume you're the other Romanian flaggot so you'll know what I'm talking about: first of all, use a cloth bag instead of plastic bags when buying groceries. If you drink soda or juice, use recyclable glass bottles / same with bottled fizzle/mineral water. Try to buy goods that are not wrapped in plastic (you can get sliced meat at the meat counter in supermarkets and most small shops).

As for coffee, buy an espresso machine with a high bar count (makes it better and its mostly metal).

there is much about the world today that would horrify both the humans of the past and the humans of the future (if civilization still exists)

we are living in a time unparalleled in human history: worldwide unenlightenment and brainwashing, witnessing the cultural destruction of almost every people on earth but especially europeans..
abominations of natural law and order are socially promoted. history being rewritten before our very eyes.

oh yeah, and it was all made possible by the shadow that has been cast by the world's biggest lie for almost 80 years.

I recommend the steel french press as glass tends eventually time to shatter in accident. Le Creuset has very fine press on market. There are other fine alternative systems as well to brewing coffee which do not require a disposable appliance made cheaply by foreign hands, made to break after expiration of warranty.

What brand is it? The ones I've found still have plastic parts coming into contact with the hot water. You can tell it's probably leeching stuff into the coffee because after years of use the plastics start to degrade pretty badly.

I might have to resort to one of those even though it takes more time.

Attached: 1506854813313.jpg (1280x852, 162K)

Oh, I thought you were going to be talking about plastic packaging and waste and pollution which is a legitimate concern that there is no solution for.
Maybe stop drinking bean water

Heat your hot water in a kettle and pour over a coffee press. Then kill yourself for drinking the coffeejew instead of tea like a real chap.

Castle Eltz, Germany

Attached: 5432.jpg (1600x900, 481K)

Metal and glass syringes were reusable and could be disinfected in an autoclave machine. Thats why they were superior.

Wanted to add: espresso machine where you put the coffee directly in the cup instead of those capsule shits.

Here's a tough one for you boys. We all have one in our hand at some point throughout the week and there almost assuredly made of some form of plastic: wherefore without being made to spend whole paycheck and with assurance of quality can one find a mouse of some different material?

Attached: Robert Graves - in youth.jpg (450x617, 64K)

ever heard of moka? it has been around for about 100 years. Time for you to civilize a bit.

Attached: Bialetti-Moka-Express-Stovetop-Espresso-Maker-3-Cup_1a_500px.jpg (500x500, 17K)

can't go wrong with the classic

Attached: US206799_coffee-machines_moka-pot_bialetti-express-3-cup_illy-shop_2000x2000.jpg (800x800, 43K)

don't now the brand but it looks like this
amazon.com/Tops-55705-Stovetop-Percolator-Stainless/dp/B000VP7HQ4
doesn't have any plastic in it, I'd imagine this one doesn't either if it looks so similar

what's are the best water filtration systems

how the hell do you get clean water if the tap is compromised and you don't own a well

DUDE moka!!! no capsule / american perolating rubbish / french press or other items for coffee rapists

Do americans know this thing exists? Or is this more of a european thing?

Isn't that a modern castle?

Faberwear percolator. It's all metal minus the handle on the top and side. Every thing else is stainless steel. It's electric just plug that cunt and in a few minutes you got the best damn Arabic bean sandnigger juice the jews demand you drink because it's worse than fucking fluoride you ever tasted. Cuck.

you can find it in every supermarket on the planet from mongolia to indonesia to US to south africa

Plastic leeches into our goods. Why the fuck so we use this poison?
>inb4 cheap

>Isn't that a modern castle?
Relatively yes, built in the 19th century. Not medieval

This is what I use:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

youtube.com/watch?v=QoLs_Zttmcg

Most filtration systems are overpriced bits of plastic with a bit of branding encasing a piece of charcoal which the water is ran through. I am certain you could find a way to create your own charcoal filtration system online if you are willing to put in the effort.
Everyone in my family owns a moka. I have their bitty babby model atop my fridge for when I need a shot in the dark.

Use a stove top coffee maker

Moka works too. Anything to avoid the petrojew poison.

currently some plastic parts in my garden shattered cause of the frost, its now impossible to pick every single one of them up. plastic will be hell in the future, so much land will be unusable.

Thanks for all the tips. I'm researching stainless steel mokas now. Apparently they're traditionally made with aluminum, I'd be wary of those too.

Attached: Moran_4 Yosemite Valley Glacier Pt Trail 1873 (Bierstadt).jpg (580x368, 29K)

environmentalists in the 60s always had the last laugh, conservatives laughed at the hippies and now your children are going to be retarded infertile soyboy mutants

Came to post this

>i'm not paranoid or a health freak but
>I choose to arbitrarily cut plastic out of my life for no actual reason besides paranoia

>plastic kettle
que?

>I've been searching long and far for a convenient way (water cooker or percolation) to make coffee without having boiling water touching a piece of plastic, with no luck yet.
Are you retarded? Boil the water in a metal pot and pour it into a glass container with a metal/gold mesh. You can even do cowboy coffee where you boil the grounds in water, let the grounds settle then pour it through cloth. How the fuck do you think people made coffee before modern times and plastic shit everywhere?

for coffee, all u need is a stovetop espresso. I use one from Ikea (pic related ) because its stainless steel and not aluminum like most others. There's no solid evidence out there on aluminum but I'm still skeptical and prefer steel.

the plastic problem is a huge one and goes further than the recent study about plastic particles in water bottles. the plastics in which most of our foods are contained leech many various chemicals with various degrees of endocrine activity. take an honest look and count how much of the food you are was packaged and stored in plastic. you can go on pubmed and search on the topic - it's really disturbing when you realize how difficult it is to purchase food or liquids which has not been stored in plastics.

>convenient
Read subject

Has a rubber seal.

I like to microwave water in a glass cup and stirr in coffee grounfs with a metal spoon. once its done 99 % of the coffee grounds are at the bottom of the cup.

Make everything metal as fuck.

Whelp pladtic is going to keep increasing at a rate of 3 - 6% and the cosmetics industry is going to switch.
Not to mention plastic is better then alternatives in first world countries.
You need to use a burlap bag 136 times before it has the same carbon foot print as a plastic bag.
Not to mention new plastics are being used and created.
Don't worry about plastics worry about vegans and a push for veganism.
Factory farms used to create supplements and pillscan be far more damaging to the enviroment.
Also most crops are going to be gmo as the bacteria and viruses that effect plants keep getting stronger due to the gm plants.
Use plastic, eat animals and progress towards a transhumanism.