Why do people still believe in God and religion in 2018? Is it ignorance or stupidity?

Why do people still believe in God and religion in 2018? Is it ignorance or stupidity?

When you think about science has made religion obsolete for like a hundred years now. Even the people who advocate for religion on Sup Forums are just doing it because religion is seen as a tool to control society not because it's real. It's not even a question that none of these religions are true, I think most people who are educated can understand it's all fairy tales.

Attached: 114f81e5c86209455a54429ac98faeea--political-memes-politics.jpg (736x705, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tfw2suyUUNw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the two are exclusive of each other though because religion was meant to confuse, subjugate and bind one's spirit to a shitty spell
That doesn't mean one can't imagine the universe being the creator and we're merely expressions so that it may experience itself.
Religions are so unnecessary and tiresome

>Why do people still believe in God and religion in 2018?
Oh, I saw evidence

Why do people still think that Ricky Gervais is smart and funny?

You have no understanding of anything. I guarantee that your grasp of religion centers around the Zeitgeist documentary. A nation and people cannot survive without religion. This is why the West is dying and will be replaced by a pious people (Muslims). Enjoy seeing your grand-children in burkas, atheist dog.

Here

youtu.be/Tfw2suyUUNw

Attached: Cheatsheet.jpg (445x409, 72K)

>When you think about science has made religion obsolete for like a hundred years now
Plenty of scientists are religious though. Far from a majority, but enough that you can't just claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive.

Here's a partial list if you're interested.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

You know OP, it would be hilarious if there were a god. It would be even more hilarious if gnosticism were true.
The people of satan would be atheists, there would be no ammount of evidence capable of convincing them and they would be heavy criticizers of christianity, in the interwebs they would have usernames such as darkbubba and they would join videogame guilds like .
Then the people of the demiurge would be very religious of their religion, they would be too sure of their faith and they would expand it by violence with inquisitions and crusades.
And then normal humans would be there wondering from what hell did those people escape.

Attached: d0f708b6fad81d8162fe62a4ecb77c779c4e3f895524c3af42b559f632ee1e8c.jpg (409x393, 18K)

People want community and purpose.
They want comfort and security.
They don't want themselves or their loved ones to die permanently.
There are a lot of reasons religion is still around.

>Why do people still believe in God and religion in 2018?
WE NEED EUGENCIS!

>nb4 transhuman trannies
I SAID EUGENICS!

Attached: god nietzsche jesus.jpg (400x246, 72K)

>People want community and purpose.
>They want comfort and security.
>They don't want themselves or their loved ones to die permanently.
>There are a lot of reasons religion is still around.
What a fucking liar you are. People who don't believe in god and do it for those reasons end up voting for Satanists and fucking their kids up so bad.

Attached: clinton pedo mafia.jpg (723x777, 314K)

>Is it ignorance or stupidity?
>science has made religion obsolete
The ironing is intense.

Religion is a weakness.

Trying to cope with this life just in the hopes you can live in a paradise.

TPBP

That's a dumb argument. Just because there are others doesn't mean those make sense.

this.

>Cannot survive without religion

You don't need (((religion))) to survive. All a people needs is a philosophical understanding that generations are bonded together, and that there is a possibility that you may be reincarnated here, or at least have to answer for what you did in this life.

Not contributing to your people's future in a positive way is degenerate, yet you don't need religion to make a contribution.

He is wrong tho. There has only ever been 1 God. And that is God.

I'm largely Pantheist but I think I'm starting to become more Christian as time goes on. I've always seen the many world religions as pic related.

Attached: multiple-perspectives.gif (640x470, 76K)

That's not true. Stop projecting. I see religion as an opportunity to recognize the harmony in all things and build myself in unity with the world I live in. It has nothing to do with "muh paradise"

Simple answer is.

>False

against the,

>Genuine Article

Otherwise I'm God goyim, start worshiping me. I require foreskins!

Ehhh there's evidence that the need to believe in something like a God is built into the social psyche wiring of the human mind... I read about it once but that may explain exactly why there have been 3000 different gods (he's wrong actually... If you count Hinduism there are trillions!)

Atheists sure are prone to believing silly things.
Like destroying our fossil fuel consumption will leave lots of people unable to warm their homes during brutally cold winters...but "muh global warming"

If only you know

Attached: 9yaet.jpg (1300x612, 220K)

Attached: Up.jpg (661x600, 94K)

>Ricky Gervais

You know he doesn't act "in character" right?
Like that is who he actually is all the time? Just an utterly basic, low moral outrage hanging fruit grabbing chucklefuck?

Wow, you hate animal cruelty and call it's enactors "cunts", yeah so do the rest of us Ricky. Take your 95 iq points and fuck off to the USA where people still think you're passably intelligent.

For the purposes of OP's post, I'm an atheist. I just can't stand Gervais.

See

Why do people think Ricky Gervais is funny?
Why do atheists cling to every pro-atheism comment a celeb spouts like it’s a life preserver keeping them from drowning in a sea of Christian belief?
Why has no one punch Gervais in his cuntface?

Because im not a nigger

>i think
Slide thread. Sage

Attached: atheism.jpg (872x642, 240K)

Ugh, just start calling yourself a fucking hippie.

>there have been 3000 gods

No there haven't, there has been only one God it's just the many human cultures that worshipped the one God in different ways

That's very narrow minded of you. I don't particularly like drugs or hippie gatherings. I do believe that a lot of great minds throughout history have pursued religion or spirituality in some form and I respect that. I also feel a calling to a spiritual side of myself that is neglected in modern culture.

Who cares if there is a God or not. All I know is that religious people have large loving families and traditions and atheists are either gay, trannies, single for life or get married at 40 and have one kid.

See? This one is of the demiurge.