Is the FDA really going to force cigarette companies to reduce nicotine content? I'm scared, Sup Forums

Is the FDA really going to force cigarette companies to reduce nicotine content? I'm scared, Sup Forums
thehill.com/regulation/overnights/378680-overnight-regulation-fda-to-limit-nicotine-in-cigarettes-moves-forward

Attached: cigarettes_020116getty.jpg (645x363, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/62038-low-nicotine-cigarettes-fda.html
pmi.com/glossary-section/glossary/heated-tobacco-products
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

smokers will smoke even more

Go be a filthy addict scumbag somewhere else.

Nicotine suppresses estrogen

soyboy

thats fucking retarded, nicotine isn't the part thats bad for your health. how about limit all the bullshit in cigarettes, since now people will smoke more of it

Smoking cigarettes does not make you masculine or tough. I smoke cigarettes btw.

>scared his death sticks will be less potent.

Attached: 12029960.jpg (217x259, 13K)

why not force them to stop adding chemicals?

I guess I will have to import my cigarettes from countries with sane laws

honestly, who proposed this? This sounds like a hair brained scheme to sell more cigarettes to people addicted to them

It's probably going to be like in europe where there is a limit on how strong your cigarettes can be.

No, it doesn't. And even if it did why would the way to get it be breathing burning leaves?
>oh waah waah he made fuin of me for being a scumbag
But the advertisements and Hollywood movies told me smoking is cool and manly. Are you saying jew shysters lied? They would never.

Hahaha. There is 5-8x more nicotine in chewing tobacco then there is in a cigarette. Look it up it’s true. Dip gives you a more pure nicotine high. And it’s even easy to get away with work.

Tobacco is pretty much the only industry *not* jew controlled.
Everything I've read on this is suggesting no other country has ever done what the FDA is proposing now. They're basically going to force cigarette companies to start genetically modifying tobacco to make it have way less nicotine.
livescience.com/62038-low-nicotine-cigarettes-fda.html
>But these products shouldn't be confused with so-called "light" cigarettes. >With light cigarettes, the design of the cigarette is altered in a way that could, in theory, deliver lower amounts of nicotine if they were used in a specific way, said William Shadel, associate director of the Population Health Program at Rand Corp. >For example, these products had ventilation holes to dilute the tobacco smoke with air. But these products still have the same amount of nicotine as regular cigarettes. And studies have found that smokers can get large amounts of nicotine from these products by blocking the ventilation holes or by inhaling more deeply.
>Smokers are "very good at getting the amount of nicotine they want from the cigarettes," Shadel said.
>In contrast, cigarettes made with tobacco that is genetically engineered to have a low nicotine content cannot be manipulated in this way. With these cigarettes, "more vigorous puffing is not rewarded more nicotine," Strasser said.

even as a smoker that shit makes me ill.

>The agency cited research that could support reducing levels of nicotine to 0.3 to 0.5 milligrams per cigarette. The nicotine levels delivered by conventional cigarettes made domestically are in the range of 1.1 to 1.7 milligrams, according to the notice.

If they actually cared about fighting the health detriments they would start making them adhere to the standards of companies like American Spirits. which would make them cost more, and be healthier.
They make too much revenue off cigarettes, so they will just go with this bizarre assertion that cutting back on the addictive substance will make people stop.

Listen, if an alcoholic likes hard booze, and you outlaw that, they'll just switch to drinking more beer and wine. Thats the whole problem with addiction, you will find what you need somehow. Out of painkillers? switch to heroin.

fucking nanny state

I like smoking though. Nicotine isn't the only enjoyable factor for smoking, otherwise no one would smoke and everyone would just use nicotine gum. Nicotine gum isn't that enjoyable.

This, I already smoke 100s to feel satisfied with one smoke. I’ll have to smoke 1.5 or so because of this.

what I hate is we have these new vaporizer things here where you get a stubby little thing called a HEET and you put it on a hot blade. called IQOS.

anyways, the big debate is "are they healthier?" and the result of the study is "its still tobacco and we already proved tobacco is bad"

I mean wtf? They're not even going to compare them? Just "its still tobacco and you didn't quit so fuck you"

>cutting back on the addictive substance will make people stop
just like increasing taxes di-- oh never mind
lawmakers proposing this nonsense need to be hung from the next tree
how someone can be this out of touch with reality will never cease to surprise me

You get used to it. Try snuff. A pouch is more pleasant than a smoke. Better for you too

Time to make your own vape juice and nic it up.

yeah it almost feels too stupid, thats why i'm suspicious that this isn't just a way to increase sales since people are buying less cigarettes than before

They can cut the nicotine all they want but people will still smoke for the other alkaloids in tobacco. Tobacco has Harmine and other drugs that alter your mood idk why the government dosen't get this. Maybe make the tobacco farmers not use the worst fucking pesticides and the cancer rate will go down. No one making food is allowed to use the pesticides they use on tobacco. Tobacco should have to be grown with food pesticides not radioactive shit harmful to life.

Stop smoking. Cessation should be compulsory.

The problem is that people smoke too much. 2+ packs a day is going to fuck your body up, long term. My grandfather made it to his late 70s as a smoker, but the hardening of his arteries meant a horrible ordeal for him and the family for his last 6 months.

The other problem is that the medical industry does not differentiate tobacco use. So if you're a light smoker, you still get flagged as a smoker, even though you have far less contact with the carcinogens in tobacco.

PS, cigarettes are the best. Cigars suck, snuff/dip/chew tobacco is alright, but it's a nicotine overload for me. I quit a long time ago and am thinking about getting a vaper

cigarettes are more habit based than most addictions, best way is to manage the cigarette triggers. (if you light up when you get in the car, focus on changing that) once you get as far as you can doing that route you can mitigate the difficulty of just the substance aspect.

This is just dumb. Even dumber than the whole filter thing, which increases the amount that people smoke while making each cig less satisfactory.
Smoking untreated tobacco without the filter is how you do it. This way you don't want to smoke often, but damn does it hit you like a truck.

people can cut back but the fact remains that the government could control the carcinogens in tobacco. They use some evil shit to protect their tobacco plants. People are so stupid they don't understand how to harm reduce cigarettes they will just regulate them into what decriminalized pot was.

I think the intention is that less nicotine = less addictive.

It won’t work, but that’s what the idea is.

Nicotine gum doesn’t give you an immediate buzz like a cigarette does though.

>people are buying less cigarettes than before
when they increased the tobacco tax a couple of years ago people simply started buying their cigarettes in the nearest neighboring EU country causing our tax revenue from tobacco products to fall by 50% will people actually smoked more

That ridiculous because people will just smoke more to get their fix, consuming more of the bad stuff. This almost seems like it was lobbied by cigarette companies because it means people will buy more cigarettes to get their nicotine, and you can bet cigarettes are going to become cheaper with less nicotine.

Are you talking about pesticides or additives? I smoke American Spirit on and off. Just had a cigar recently and almost threw up, but I still like cigars in moderation.
This new law sounds so stupid, it will just increase the amount smoked. It’s like how I’ll smoke more Winston’s vs American Spirit.

>Smoking untreated tobacco without the filter is how you do it.
Yeah, the really fucked up thing is about this is it sounds like they're going to be forcing companies to start genetically modifying tobacco to make it have less nicotine.

time to take the snuspill

Attached: sib.jpg (1334x750, 114K)

cigs are for fags, smoke cigars
NOT CUBAN cigars obviously

>Tobacco is pretty much the only industry *not* jew controlled.
That's an outright lie. Are you advertising for them?
>but I like cutting my wrists
That's what you sound like, like one of those cutter teenage girls.

Any smoking is for disgusting fags, it's a habit of the lowest filth.

If tobacco were jew controlled they wouldn't be shit on and blamed for every medical problem in existence.

Cheapest pack of smokes in my province is $15.35. I remember when the same pack of smokes was like $8

So now people will smoke more, buy more and pay more taxes. The taxes are already insanely high. Time to start throwing politicians and their friends in the ocean.

Attached: Boston-tea-party-as-indiansuner1.jpg (900x698, 191K)

What the fuck? When I started smoking, a pack was 3-5 dollars, 6 for something really good.

This. They know.

Price is twice in leafland due to tax

11$ for pack of dumaurier 20 in montreal

That's pretty fucked. Tax just went up a lot here recently so I pay 8-10 each pack. Fuck it, I plan on quitting eventually anyway.

Meanwhile you can get what you want via vape

It’s not new controlled because a faggot shill like you is trying to bring it down

lmao. cut the nicotine, but not the thousands of random chemicals that are soaked into the tobacco

what a god damned joke lmao.

Fuck this is so Jewish, nicotine isn't that bad, it's all the other shit they fill the cigarettes with

everyone who just wants nicotine is moving to vaping
the kikejuice is the true enemy
stop vaping now

the main problem with ciggies are dead rats and tar in them

No goy it's safe to vaporize food flavorings in plastic tanks and inhale them oy vey

Leaf is correct. Smokers will just smoke more, which is probably the plan.

you get up to 1.8 mg nicotine out of 1 ml liquid
managed to cut my cigarette demand by 75% will commuting and at home

Stay away from cream flavors and Google everything in your juice

nicotine causes aggression and boosts testosterone

>trusting unregulated chinese vape juice

good luck

Back when they started talking about this in July, vape liquids were also supposed to get a kick in the dick, but it doesn't get mentioned here. I'd be surprised to find vape lobby is better than tobacco's, but it just may be.

Yee yee brother, Copenhagen WG is my every day dip

i only vape high vegetable glycerin liquid with tobacco flavor which resamples the taste of my regular cigarette brand
people vaping fruit, bubblegum, cheeseburger or whatever need to get gassed

>chinese vape juice
only Italian and German liquid

This, if you don't consume > 20mg of nicotine per day you might as well end your fraudulent existence and cut your shriveled testicles off your tender, smooth body.

Attached: odens.png (300x300, 102K)

>2018
>not using a Juul
open your eyes lads

It's weird how there is a war against tobbacco and not on weed. Hopefully they don't start regulating cigars

Attached: IMG_20180313_170645.jpg (2610x4640, 2.66M)

>Jew-l

just switch to dip if they do this

what if theres no good tobacco flavor here?

ok satan

>Still smoking despite it's horrific effects on health and cancer risk on top of smelling like an Ash tray

Switch to pic related. Swedish snus is not "dip". It is cured rather than fermented like the wet American shit that you see Hicks spitting.

The pouches are about the size of your index finger nail. You can put one or two in for hours and each portion can provide the equivalent of 3-4 cigarettes' worth of nicotine in that time. It currently has no link whatsoever to any form of cancer. The only additive to the dried tobacco is a little salt.

Attached: 458x458xgeneral-classic-white-portion-snus.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9jrb88iakd.png (458x458, 212K)

Tried to switch to snus a couple of times, it is SHIT compared to the pure satisfaction of a good smoke.
Try having a beer or a cup of coffee with a snus up your lip, yeah nah, light one up instead.

witnessed

dunno about Canada but the US market is huge
avoid high propylene glycol and look for brands which use real tobacco oil instead of the synthetic shit
if you are a smoker finding a flavor which tastes like your regular brand can be a real challenge as everybody has a different opinion

Attached: CQdNkzBWIAAr0IJ.jpg:large.jpg (320x306, 26K)

I can't stand dipping on hot days. Fucks with my low BP. But it is nice to be able to abuse nicotine inside rather than outside like with smoking or vaping.

>smoking cigarettes
Cease degeneracy, and accept the patrician method of smoking.

Attached: cs-ave.jpg (500x500, 72K)

its not that weird, there's not a carcinogen association with weed

Pouches are for pussies who can't suckle properly.

Pertaining to the OP, nicotine being lowered in cigarettes is probably a ploy for tobacco companies to sell nicotine to vape juice industry.

When I quit smoking cigs the nicotine was the least addictive part. It was everything else. I vaped for a few months with a 6mg/ml nicotine liquid which is still quite high. I came down like a mother fucker. When I quit vaping I felt barely anything at all. Maybe 1 restless nights sleep and that was it.
Quit that disgusting ass habit that renders you a complete waste when it comes to any sort of physical activity sans maybe weight lifting.

>for Philip Morris International said the company was still reviewing the agency's advance notice. The firm previously had expressed support for Gottlieb’s nicotine regulation plan, which he said “encourages the development of innovative new tobacco products that may be less harmful than cigarettes.”

yeah the cigarette companies like this, this is definitely a tactic to increase units sold

>it is SHIT compared to the pure satisfaction of a good smoke.
Same problem with all these smoking alternatives people bring up (including vaping).
It's like nobody understands the act of smoking in itself is really enjoyable and not just a nicotine dispensing mechanism.

>

Attached: futurama-bender-smoking-cigars-candles-four-1920x1080-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

>plastic tanks
Who does that? Mine is pyrex and stainless steel like 99% of all tanks. Tobacco extracted eliquid in a 80%vg. Kill yourself for you ignorance, faggot.

Vaping hits harder than cigs and is the only thing that got me off of the smokingjew.

PM isn't trying to sell more cigarettes, they're trying to get FDA approval to start selling their heat-not-burn products like IQOS. Regulation against cigarettes makes it more likely the FDA will start greenlighting "safer" alternatives, and PM wants to lock in the upcoming non-cigarette yet also non-vape market.
pmi.com/glossary-section/glossary/heated-tobacco-products

>Vaping hits harder than cigs
The fuck they do. I gave up trying to make vaping work specifically because of how you don't feel the heat and smoke of a real cigarette. You can load them up with as high nicotine content as you want but they're still not cigarettes.

PROTIP: order whole leaf tobacco online. Dat maryland 609 ain't no joke boy. It's 15 bucks a pound and that shit will knock you on your ass. ATF says whole leaf tobacco don't have to pay any taxes. It's so fucking strong you have to take nicotine OUT. How I do it is I take the mid rib, the big center stem out, then I boil about 30 or 40 grams of the de ribbed leaves in a few cups of boiling distilled water. Then I drain it. That liquor or tobacco tea is like pure nicotine: I bet you could figure out how to vape it if you wanted to. But I just drain out the liquid, then bake the leaves at 350 degrees in an oven for about a half hour. Then I let it dry out some more outside the oven, then put it in a jar. After a day I chop it up in a 'tobacco shredder' which is just a coffee grinder, basically. You can control the nicotine level and flavor this way, and you can clean the tobacco by using the boiling water bath. There are many types of tobacco you can get this way, in whole leaf form. The best part is that you can rest assured that you're only putting money in the tobacco farmers pocket, as whole leaf tobacco isn't taxed. You just have to put some more elbow grease in it, as it were. But you know what they say: quitters never win.

What are some actually good tobacco brand liquids. I still like a good vape when I have some beer on the occasion. I just vaped the whatever the shop near me had available and it wasn't that good.

Get a decent device. Wrap your own coils. I was doing 24g kanthal. parallel 8 wraps on a 3.5mm stick. .2 ohms at 70 watts. HIts like a truck and no smoker i ever encountered could handle it. coughed like little bitches.

I smoke cigarettes with 3.4mg of nicotine per each. They last a long time and I feel very satisfied when I finish one. All my friends who are habitual smokers smoke lights or weaker regular cigarettes and they're always ducking out for another or chain smoking when we go to bars. I like to think the stronger cigarettes help me from forming a mental addiction. Weakening domestic cigarettes would kill the industry as any sane person would just switch to imports.

Nicotine doesn't really do any harm to the body. It's the billion other things the companies put in that provide nothing but addiction.

Do you get actual heat and smoke? If yes then it isn't vaping.

Don't be a brainlet. Of course it's hot. It's .2 ohms at 70w. You only have to hold the fire button down for like 1.5 seconds. It will burn if you are retarded though. 1.5 second drags will completely fill your lungs and not burn the wick.

Fancy coils mean jack nothing in temp control mode. Titanium is dope.

To add to this I will guarantee you that you will cough like a little bitch because your lungs are so weakened by those nasty ass tacky sticks. It's hot and way denser than cigs which is why I said it was the only thing that got me off cigs. I coughed my brains out for the first few days. But now I can ride my mountain bike for 20+miles and not be fatigued after 2. Fuck smoking and any nigger that advocates it and shits on vaping.

Attached: 1478706068462.jpg (830x1262, 148K)

Should get rid of those death sticks all together.

>dual parallel coils
>fancy
I've tried temp control and that shit never works properly.

Nicotine isnt even bad for you. Its the tobacoo and additives they put it in

>Vaping's great you guys, even more enjoyable than cigarettes!
>I just vaped the whatever the shop near me had available and it wasn't that good.
lol

I routinely drink both beer and coffee with a pouch or two in.