Gurren Lagann

Tell me Sup Forums, what's the deal with this show? Is it really THAT good?
I normally watch an anime for 3 episodes before deciding to drop it or keep watching but since I heard such good things about this show I decided to give it 5 instead. By the end of the 5th episode I realised I didn't care about any of the characters, their stories, their relationships or their world so I dropped it and binged Yuri on Ice instead.
People keep telling me it gets really good by episode 8 but does it get good enough to justify slogging through another hour of shit I don't care about (on top of the nearly 2 hours I already wasted on this)? Or should I just accept it's not for me and watch something else?

P.s. I hate the fanservice in this show but I realize how stupid I sound complaining about fanservice in a Gainax anime.

I guess if you don't like it and it's not for you that's fine. The really crazy awesome shit happens later in the series, but if the first couple episodes couldn't hook you, I doubt you'd care.

Bump

>hating fanservice

yuri on ice is good but guren lagann is great.
it's a subjective thing i guess, if you didn't catch gurren in your "action in anime is awesome" phase then i don't think you'll ever get it
gurenn/kill la kill/redline all fill the "anime fuck yeah" moments that i need in my life.
yeah it's immature i know

We live in a world where a man can say Yuri on Ice is better than Gurren Lagann, and not immediately get beaten to death

What went wrong

is this the current state of Sup Forums? I haven't been here in a long time

Randy

I benched Gurren twice before I finished it, at episode 7 it picks up a bit but then I dropped it around episode 11. But I forced myself to watch the entire thing and in my opinion, after episode 15 is where it really shines with the over the top animation. While I admit the episodes previous are a bit boring, the last arc really made it up for me.

No, it's overhyped shit for adolescents all the way through the end. As a principle I watch shows to the end and this was one of the biggest wastes of my time.

Does the japanese guy say nigga in that one song?

Why do you hate fun, OP?

The series does kind of drag if you're not a narutard shonenfag used to slow arcs. I enjoyed watching the series recap movie and then the sequel much more, it also had higher quality animation.

They hop around the apocalypse in giant heads and beat up furries. How is any of that not good?

I don't know. I dropped it after ep 4. I was pretty disappointed because I really wanted to like it and was excited to start it but I just wasn't having fun and had to force myself to get that far. Maybe I'll pick it back up some day.

Its one of the rare shows that gets better as you watch it, but to be honest its kind of boring and really only the middle episodes and few last episodes are 10/10. The entire thing is like a 7/10 for me.

How much do the movies leave out from the anime? I considered watching them at one point but I hesitated because I've always disliked recap movies due to how much content is usually left out from them.

Just gloss over the episodes til 8

Personally I think it's slow til then, but it really picks up.

The first 6 episodes are the slowest part of the whole series I think, so do try to keep with it. It really does get insane, it just has really small beginnings before it does, which makes its heights even crazier.

>>Is it really THAT good?
No. It's honestly a 7/10 at best. If you watched it when it first came out, no doubt you'd think it was. The problem is that you're watching it years later after people have hyped it up to no end. The people that hype it beyond belief are probably what ruin it for others to begin with.
Also Nia is a fucking shit and obvious waifu-bait Mary Sue.

You expect more from a story when you aren't a retard

t. butthurt furry