Black Panther too 'politically correct' for China as ticket sales dive

Many Chinese movie-goers have criticised the hit Marvel film — which has so far earned more than $US1 billion globally — for what they saw as its "political correctness".

"It is Hamlet marked with African tribal cultural symbols. If you replaced those human characters with animals, it would be The Lion King the sequel," said one top-rated comment on Douban.

"I just dislike stereotyped political correctness."

Chinese film critic Chu Mufeng wrote on his Weibo account that it appeared the film's global success "seems to suggest the film's social significance is greater than its content".

"I think they felt that this movie was sort of injecting some ideas about American politics and American values into the story and into the film, and I think it just didn't resonate with them."

Mr Papish said this sort of criticism of major Hollywood films was relatively uncommon in his experience.

abc.net.au/news/2018-03-17/black-panther-too-politically-correct-for-china/9546206

Can China defeat (((Hollywood)))?

Attached: 9469510-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 43K)

Based Chinks. At least they can see through bullshit.

>It is Hamlet marked with African tribal cultural symbols.
nigger what

Shhh, don't tell Sup Forums.

Shit like this makes me less bitter about being colonised.

So this is the power of no white guilt.

Attached: 1518805450879.jpg (500x500, 53K)

Liberals BTFO by based asians once again

"It is Hamlet marked with African tribal cultural symbols. If you replaced those human characters with animals, it would be The Lion King the sequel," said one top-rated comment on Douban.

Kek

Attached: 1520969703952.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

Attached: gw08e6fw68ef.jpg (480x360, 25K)

have some oc, Sup Forums

Attached: 1521277520526.png (550x550, 79K)

actually a prequel

>Scar

Attached: 5aa033752000007d06eb0fbe.jpg (584x389, 38K)

Pic related

Replace animals with the new animals in the reboot

Attached: 80ca3dbb9c419395f9f4bf2a6b0e6047--the-lion-king-hamlet.jpg (736x2157, 100K)

Not to mention it leaves out one extra thing, Timon and Pumba in Lion King are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in Hamlet

Attached: jim.png (400x286, 88K)

It's still the 16th highest grossing movie ever made. I'm just tired of all Marvel shit, it's all the same shit repeated with different characters.
>I can't wait to see the new one where all the people I watched before are in it and they punch the bad guy before the blue column of light coming out of a city destroys everything.
This shit is going to fizzle out at some point right?

Disney's tax writeoff abortion "A WEnkle in Time" flopped and got shit reviews on RT, so looks like the racebaiting doesn't work every time.

>can China defeat Hollywood?
I fucking hope so, I haven’t seen a movie in the theaters since Batman vs. Superman and I walked out on that garbage.
There hasn’t been a single good movie in years.
Adding flashy effects or forcing an agenda down the viewers throat is not movie making. It’s money grabbing and we all know whom is behind that idea.

Is it worth watching just to understand all the WEkanda memes?

Underrated

>Rosencrantz and Guildenstern get hanged
>Timon and Pumba become King's advisors
Worst deviation from the source material.

Chinks really hate niggers

Totally forgot about that, Disney's bad at live action though, it looked like bad YA trash. I'm specifically tired of the comic shit, I was fine with some of it, but it's all just nerdgasm shots, annoying humor, and fan service at this point.

>can China defeat (((Hollywood)))
Yes yes they will. As long as they keep pandering to nignogs.
>"Why have Marvel and DC ignored the Asians and other ethnic groups? Why can only the black people have this kind of special treatment?" another user wrote.

Asians are not your mindless gullible Liberals, most Asians have a sense of selfworth.

Yes and they worship whites. Which is why they will be the slave race in the New World

Hollywood btfo

you now realize the chinese are autistic. every one of them has aspergers.

this why Sup Forums feels a weird brotherhood with them. they act and think exactly like white autists, right down to the lack of empathy. china is Sup Forums: the country.

imagine unironically spending 1.5 billion on a movie and only making 1b back.
Thats 500million down the drain.
And it was still crap.

based chinks

Attached: tfw wrong continent but still found friends.jpg (282x395, 20K)

Chinks don't like niggers either, guess why?

Attached: 1521051061598.png (960x960, 1.69M)

The whole planet needs to exterminate the niggers and kikes.

>I think they felt that this movie was sort of injecting some ideas about American politics and American values into the story and into the film, and I think it just didn't resonate with them.

It's pretty sad that these chinks don't realize Hollywood isn't even remotely indicative of our political ideology nor our values as a country. The silent majority far surpass the kike media. I literally know no one who wants to / has seen / or cares about this shit show of a movie. Most Americans are based, the problem is the Jews control the media and that's how we're seen.

No, don't give money to (((Hollywood))) and don't give money to things that glorify niggers.

>most Asians have a sense of selfworth.
Whoah now. Everyone hates niggers but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't think most asians even have a sense of self, let alone selfworth.

The jew fears the samurai

>Black Panther too 'politically correct' for China as ticket sales dive
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kek

>If you replaced those human characters with animals, it would be The Lion King the sequel," said one top-rated comment on Douban.
Fucking based ant people