Newest Free movie flopping

>08 (---) ¥55,000,000 ($480,000), 0, ¥55,000,000 ($480,000), Free! Take Your Marks (Shochiku) NEW

Did Kyoani make a mistake by greenlitting S3 before looking at these numbers? Looks like fujos already forgot about Free. At this rate, Take your Marks will not even gross 300 million yen.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55322&start=9375
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Source for the digits.

>did Kyoani make a mistake
Every Kyoani show since Amagi has been a mistake

Can't believe KyoAni is going bankrupt

That's fujos for you. Look at Osomatsu and SnK S2 sales.

worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55322&start=9375

Don't worry. Netflix has already saved KyoAni.

fujos are myserious force. at first they appear in droves but then they disappear completely

Did Yol set the standard too high for them? Even Osomatsu isn't doing that well in sales.

They are fickle, generally (not all of them, but many).

yoi completely ruined expectations of fujos, now anything less than "kiss" being covered by forearms and a marriage proposal but not really will be a flop

When the shitting FUCK is the YoI movie coming?

Contrary to what so many idiots on Sup Forums say they are a small group jumping at the hottest thing. That's why when you have few fujoshit airing one season one of them will do good while rest gets 1frt. And they get so crazy about the hottest new thing they forget about everything else.

It helps that yoi's way more blatant homo.

Nah, that's just how fujos work. They latch on something and then move on - look at DRRR S2, SNK, various sports shit etc. Or at the big NHK anime poll - most fujo shows crashed and burned there.

But the kiss wasn't even shown, and the rings are just good luck symbols. Even Yol hasn't gone full on gay.

>inb4 they couldn't show the kiss
The anime No.6 showed kisses between the guys.

The announcement was only trending at #2 on japanese twitter, and it isn't that hard to trend on japanese twitter. Free S3 is pretyt much dead on arrival

But it's way more gay than anything else before. So now, it must be at least that gay, or very very very good and superobvoiusly pandering and fulfilling.

This kiss is heavily implied both visually and in the interviews, that's enough for fujos to support the series. The rings Yuuri bought are "real" wedding rings, lucky charms or not the image of them wearing wedding rings and being mistaken for a married couple is like heaven for fujos.
No.6 is an adaptation of a light novel, different staff and studio. And different themes.

>doesn't have the number of screens listed
Free is doing well since it doesn't have hundreds of screens, the theaters are packed.

If fujoshits bought BDs just for the gay then the Nakamura anime adaptations and random gay OVAs would be the best selling anime.

They just realized how weak Free actually was, but YoI isn't even impressive in terms of designs and story, it can still go much better.

>Free is doing well
user...

>He doesn't know.

Free (and Kyoani) had some novelty in 2013 but it wasn't particularly good, then Kyoani made that literally who shota movie, then YOI outgayed it. They didn't know how to make it last.

W-what's the number of screens?

Free is just fanservice. Fujos got a chance to have real homo with YoI and Free pales in comparison. Unless Free goes full homo, it's time in the light is over.

I've never watched free but it doesn't look like the characters in it are gay, I'm guessing it's like Hibike with lots of gaybaiting but not actual homosex. Even though I liked Hibike, I didn't watch it for that yet I still got annoyed by how wishy washy and beat around the bush it was with all the touching and gay undertones, it was honestly kind of insulting, i didn't need to be pandered that way to like the show, I'm not a teenager anymore. I can understand why fujos got tired of the same shit

Know what?

Women are so disloyal.

Honestly that's a good thing. It's high time fujos (and yurifriends) stopped settling for the "we're gay, but not really lol" trope

Sure they are, but doesn't this happen to yurifags or waifufags too? It takes months or years to replace a show they really liked.

A lot of male otaku franchises consistently sell well even into their sequels. Konosuba, Saekano, Yahari, etc.

>implying anything has actually changed
Free has been on a decline for a while, this just continues the trend. YOI is going to be dead too in a few years.

I agree.

I heard taker your flops had around the same screenings as starting flops

Anybody who genuinely thinks that YoI is responsible for any decrease in sales simply doesn't know how fujoshit work. This has happened with every single series that was once popular among fujos, before YoI even aired. And it'll keep happening.
And it's only expected. While something takes a couple years to get a sequel, new things come around and grab people's attention. The new hotness will always gather more viewers, for fujos sales depend a lot on that momentary hype.

But that's not the point. What is important to notice is that we've gone from >fujobait SOL anime with strong platonic romance vibes to >sports anime with actual gay but STILL not too blatant

meanwhile at Shaft

¥1.56 billion ($14.0 million) / 1.21 million [E] - Fireworks, Should We It From the Side or the Bottom? (Toho)

It'll never happen because Japan doesn't give a shit about legit homosexuals, as it should be. As long as they get their cute boys/girls being cute together, their actual orientation doesn't matter.

You seem to be missing Tiger and Bunny.

That's horrible considering it has 300 screenings. To compare koe No Floptachi made over 2.3 billion on less than 100 screenings (started with 120 but Shochiku removed some after the first week)

>Japan doesn't give a shit about legit homosexuals
They care enough to have legit homosexuals in media other than anime.
>as it should be
You already know where you have to go back.

Who cares about media besides weebshit? We're talking about what otaku like, and they don't care if their homos are legit fags or not.

But it has happened and has been around as long as anime has been around. It's only recently that you've noticed.

Good luck rings are always romantic in Japan, it's the connection with your SO that makes them lucky. Kiss was censored by the network.

You do know that other media include games and live action movies, which fujos enjoy as well, right?

T&B is a weird outlier; it exists as a category of its own.
>still crazy popular 6 years after airing
>just one actual pairing

I don't know if I'm suffering from some kind of mandela effect, but I feel like Free was never quite as big in the first place (as in smash-hit cultural phenomenon) as some of the fujo juggernauts that have happened since. They just get bigger and bigger.

Free as a franchise has been mismanaged to fuck though, on top of not being that great to start with. A movie and S3 could probably have done way better if they'd been out a year or two sooner.

>Being this delusional

>so disloyal
You've never met female kpop fans, have you? Especially female fans of female groups. Niggas be bringing their children to 10 year anniversary concerts.
>ignoring the fact these shows still have huge female fan numbers
>acting like women owe the shows they watch anything at all
>acting like there's anything to be interested in a 4 year old show with little content
Fuck off back to /r9k/.

Free didn't have as much marketing as most other popular fujo series. That's why there was never much buzz around every single happening with the franchise, in contrast the popularity it has/had was legit and not overblown like it tends to be under big publishers.

>Free as a franchise has been mismanaged to fuck though, on top of not being that great to start with. A movie and S3 could probably have done way better if they'd been out a year or two sooner.

Yep, if they wanted it to be a longer running series than they shouldn't have a 4 gap between S2 and S3 when it has no ongoing manga or LN.

What the he'll does YOI have to do with Free!?

YoI ruined fujo for everyone

Mind you, perhaps the numbers that FREE generates is still good enough for KyoAni.

Fujoshi aren't loyal.

They abandoned Osomatsu-san despite begging for a second season for months.

YOIfags memeing that YOI is supposedly responsible for any future fujo anime underperforming. The reality is obviously more complicated.

>is still good enough for KyoAni.
oh wow, that's a new low I guess

>Not this shit again.jpg

It all has to do with censorship. The higher-ups don't like the blatant homo in YOI. That's why the kiss was obscured as a compromise between the higher-ups and the director. The director points this out in an interview that she had to fight for that scene.

The rings are a wierd subject because the word got oddly translated and it's a Japanese word thay is used often in relation to engagement rings. The rings even hold more weight as being engagement rings because the official art leaves them out constantly. Plus, one of the characters outright says they're engagement rings.

>No.06
Nezumi and Shion don't even stay together and the kiss was really sanitized. The anime doesn't do a good job at showing the reason Nezumi left Shion is because he's got some issues.

In the end, what matters is that whatever project they do doesn't hurt them too badly. If it generates a little bit of profit, then that's even better.

It's the only thing Kyoani has that sells at least decently.

Idolfags are a special case. Male idolfags are also obsessive as fuck.

I still don't buy the engagement ring thing. Yuri is kind of a retard and naive, he probably didn't think the implications, and Victor said they were getting married jokingly. After he said that yuri neither denied nor confirm it, and didn't even act surprised at Victor's only condition. They never bring that up again as well. The producers of this show clearly know what they're doing, they might end up actually marrying thanks to the overwhelming support the series got, but for now they're just beating around the bush like most fujo bait shows.

Not that user but this are all old tired arguments. Just give up, user. This isn't even a YOI thread.

Tired arguments that no one can counter.

Free S1 and 2 sold more than decently, decent is 4-10k around Hibike, Chuu2 2 or Kyokai no Kanata range.

>Osomatsu is bombing despite never really baiting fujos in the first place
>t-their standards are just too high now!
Wrong. Fujos are just fickle and disloyal.

Calling it "abandoned" is a bit of hyperbole considering that they're still very clearly making a killing on merch and, what, 4 weekly-updating mobile games? There's more fanart for the least favorite brother on pixiv than there is for the entirity of YOI. People keep talking about it like the new season is dead in the water, rather than simply less rabid.

Nah, just ones that people are sick of replying to. No need to bait anymore, user, just run along now.

>Buys right that are over 800.00 dollars on an installment plan
>good luck charms

This fat gay nerd can't be that stupid.

>just run along now.
Make me

O-onegai, user-kun.

>Niggas be bringing their children to 10 year anniversary concerts
That's sweet. Can male idolfags even compete? Do they bring their kids to girlband concerts?

It might have the biggest s1 -> s2 disc sales drop ever.

EVER

>800 dollars is a lot

Let me guess, non-STEM job?

>The anime doesn't do a good job at showing the reason Nezumi left Shion is because he's got some issues.
To be frank, neither did the LN.

>I have no idea what happened to Attack on Titan
Just stop.

Probably next year, though I wouldn't bet on it.

Fujomatsu S1 sold more than attack on normans S1 though

SnK dropped from 52k to 7k
Osomatsu looks like it's going to drop from 66k to 5k

Wew. Seasonal hype really is a scary thing.

I bet Yoi would have sold more if Avex had not done shit

I can understand the drop with snk for waiting too long but why osomatsu?

What went wrong?

One word, Yuri on Ice

Do you think disc sales make up any real fraction of the money this show has made? Look at the Hesokuri Wars twitter account alone. That game is a blatant coldhearted cash grab and yet those posts still dwarf shit like FE Heroes in popularity.

TV anime is selling less and less in discs each year. People are moving to streaming and/or reverse importation.

The fujos got triggered by the show making fun of them.

It's been a couple years, people moved on. There's other cute boy franchises in their prime right now.
I frankly never understood the rabid obsession fujos had with it in the first place. It's funny and enjoyable but not something I would like to see homo'd.

DxD S3 sold really well despite being a 3rd season AND being dogshit.

Depends on the franchise

Offers nothing new and fujos moved on to other shit

It was probably triggering their maternal instincts, wanting to take care of socially awkward doofs.
Either that, or the voice actors were really the big pull-in, and if they buy such a disc, they might as well finish their entire collection to remember how they were part of a trend.

Pins and stickers and china are what's moving this industry

Sounds about right. It's pretty much 'cute girls doing cute things' for women.

DxD is male oriented

Expect the boys are ugly.
Really makes you think.

More like awful boys doing awful things

Voice actors are always a big factor in my opinion. Seiyuufags are too strong.

It's called ugly-cute.

Free chins can be used as weapons