Hyouka

2012 Hyouka interview got translated

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/11/03/hyouka-roundtable-yasuhiro-takemoto-x-shouji-gatou-otona-animedia-5-2012-part-1/
blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/11/04/hyouka-roundtable-yasuhiro-takemoto-x-shouji-gatou-otona-animedia-5-2012-part-2/

>Takemoto: That’s right. It’s told from Houtarou’s point of view. That’s why I tried to come up with something outside of Houtarou’s perspective for the ending. Since there are two girls in the cast and there isn’t much steaminess in the show itself, I thought we should add some steaminess in the ending at least (laughs).
>Gatou: Cough cough cough (laughs).
>Takemoto: Why are you coughing so violently? (laughs). After that, I drafted the ending and included my favorite gestures in it.
>Gatou: That’s completely fine! (laughs). You like those sort of gestures, don’t you? Do you have an armpit fetish?
>Takemoto: Possibly (laughs).
>Gatou: So you have a fetish for calves and armpits (laughs).
Based

who gives a shit, hyouka is garbage

Reading about these two talk about the cute and pervy stuff was the best.

Haha armpits us weird fetish weebs amirite

Armpits are good.

>Takemoto has an armpit fetish.

off yourself

You give a shit

how can japs be weeaboos?

If you want to talk about it post it in a pastebin. Don't fucking link to that site.

Why the fuck not you crazy autist?

Ask your mom to do it.

Takemoto is such a fanboy, it's cute

>─ Next, what is your image of Satoshi Fukube?
>Takemoto: Satoshi is a character you can relate to.
>Gatou: I can’t relate to him (laughs).
Savage

The weak would fear the strong. Takeboy is the man with the pants in the relationship.

Lots of (laughing) in this one.

i liked hyouka

hyouka a cute

>hyouka a cute
?

I wanna marry hyouka

she's literally perfect

I'm contemplating just re-watching Hyouka for Mayaka.

fuck this boring ass anime

That's a cute hyouka.

k-on's way cuter

I love them both.

i don't get this meme

the mysteries had me on the edge of my seat

Great show, one of my faves

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hyouka.

oops meant for

Imagine you have a show that is extremely relaxing but also highly interesting and is incredibly pleasing on the audiovisual level. Now imagine one of the characters to be literal perfection. It exists, isn't that amazing? I think it is.

It's a forced meme by a group of haters

What's your favorite episode? Mine is "Does Anyone Have Any Idea?" Listening to Chitanda and Oreki create such an outrageous story from a single PA announcement and then finding out their ridiculous theory was right was great.

good taste, desu.

You are posting on a board where some people think DBZ super is the hottest shit ever.
Stop trying to understand retards. It's not worth it.

>filename

That turned me on.

you won't have any IQ left after watching hyouka

I should rewatch this, it's been a few years. Thought it was okay back then, probably too corny.

Hyouka was probably the show I had the most fun watching off season. Not the best, nor the one that made me feel the most emotional, but it was fun.

I know S2 is impossible now that Kyoani has distanced themselves, but I can dream.

>that Kyoani has distanced themselves
w-why?

Not from Hyouka itself but IIRC they've distanced themselves with one of the people involved in the licensing.

Kyoani doesn't seem to be doing business with Kadokawa, who published Hyouka, anymore.

In other news, a live action movie came out literally yesterday according to Wikipedia so there's that.

>Kyonai animate a source material that doesn't have yuri/yuribaiting in it
>Flip out and immediately regret it, make the ED two girls rolling around in bed together

What a surprise. Such a one-not studio.

Yeah, Kyonai is such a one-not guy.

Doesn't the more iconic of the two EDs feature the two girls blushing at the two boys

Literally what

>tfw the story will never have an actual conclusion.

literally one of the best episodes of any anime i've ever seen. the romantic undercurrent behind their banter was excellent, and their dynamic is top-notch. the animation shifts as they postulate are a phenomenal touch as well

Hyouka is the greatest pre-love story ever told.

Mayaka is the epitome of adorableness.

agreed

as a character study it's sublime

>>Takemoto: That’s right. It’s told from Houtarou’s point of view. That’s why I tried to come up with something outside of Houtarou’s perspective for the ending. Since there are two girls in the cast and there isn’t much steaminess in the show itself, I thought we should add some steaminess in the ending at least (laughs).

HE IS /our/ GUY

This tbqh

Stop typing like a retard.

I liked Hyouka.

Maybe when you stop being a retard.

Me too.

Houtaro is literally me.

Be nice to the mentally crippled.

I love how unapologetically she pulled Houtarou’s strings attached to his dick.

Ponytail Chitanda is top qt

watashi

ki ni narimasu

Can someone better explain to me the episode with Mayaka and Database? Someone mentioned in the threads that she was just using him.

>Someone mentioned in the threads that she was just using him.
That was bullshit.

What would sex with Mayaka be like?

Like midget sex.

I'm curious!

This show is so comfy, hope the author publishes a new novel soon enough for a S2.

The valentine one? what is there to explain? it's pretty straightforward

Ah. Noted.

Chitanda anything is top tier qt

18 (the alpinist teacher one) is fantastic imo, first off you have an Oreki who has clearly changed and is willing to do some research for something he's passionate about, then you have an good story with actual document research like in the Hyouka arc (my favorite mysteries), in the end you have a great romance between Oreki and Chitanda knowing more about each other. Easily top 3 short story in the show.

What would sex with Chitanda be like?

He refers to the pool OVA or what?

Well I wrote a piece about sex with Mayaka some time ago on Sup Forums. Now I have to go find it.

>armpit fetish
W-what? I don't remember anything of this sort. Who has screenshots?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Holy shit, haven't read a good filename in years.

This is also a favorite of mine for the reasons you mentioned. Excellent taste

He meant the first ED with the poses and the armpits

When I rewatched the show for the first time I thought the scene at the end where L was looking at hotarou is when she realized she liked him

>lol sex lmao
How can you be impressed by that if you have such low standards?

who doesnt like icecream?

Well after that Mayaka asks Chitanda if she likes someone and she gets all red, not sure if that's canon though. Still the author clearly intended to dig more into the relationship of the characters from Vol. 4 onwards, as he stated in the end notes.

The only reason I cared about this.

Ah I thought it was blatant fanservice, ED2 is 11/10 though.

Indeed, Kimi ni Matsuwaru Mystery is perfection.

Whenever I recommend the show, I always refer to this episode. It gives you the perfect representation of what the show is is about. If you found this episode boring, there's no way you could enjoy the rest of the series.

Honestly I prefer when they keep the mysteries simpler but interesting, and when the sources are more credible to work with instead of just assuming crazy stuff out of vague words

This was my favorite episode, for all the same reasons. Everything about that episode is just right. In the context of the whole series, it's one of those episodes that highlights what's so great about the series.

I read a short story that is exactly like that. It's called "The Nine Mile Walk" and is available online if anyone is interested.

Doesn't matter since Chihaya has fiancé and Oreki is going out with his kouhai.

Wasn't Amagi a Kadokawa LN ?

Nice meme