The more conservative you become, do you enjoy entertainment less and less?

The more conservative you become, do you enjoy entertainment less and less?

When I was younger, I really enjoyed movies, tv shows, comics and music in general - I would judge "boring" people as being uncreative and unimagnitive, thinking I was superior to them for being able to enjoy these things.

But now, I'm the complete opposite, It's not that I hate entertainment, it's just so formulaic and generic that I can't enjoy it anymore and don't think I ever will.

Attached: 15151768137962.jpg (1103x1419, 374K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rcIJIWqYmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

It depends on the entertainment. If more entertainment was made with right-wing messages you wouldn't have everyone under 30 being a huge liberal

>When I was younger
It's this more than being conservative.
As you get older you have seen all those TV and movie gags, cliffhangers and "situations" a million times.

>agree (Yes)
You still want to be "cultured" to a certain extent, but most entertainment is a waste of time in the grand scheme of things. At some point you will start wanting to "live" than read/watch about other lives or fantasy lives.
/thread

This.

start producing, rather than consuming, entertainment.

>r/IAmVerySmart

Stop being so over dramatic OP. Its called growing up and congratulations you are on your way to being better that 99% of the faggots on here.

Attached: 292714_441841412538945_363485176_n.jpg (800x533, 39K)

This.
But it's okay because reality keeps bringing enough entertainment.

congrats...you are not a kid anymore...welcome to maturity.

now you can explore new subjects.

I don't mind entertainment. Only thing that is dead is humor. Everything that is funny is prohibited nowadays.

It's a side effect of viewing things as they are instead of how you wish them to be. Since you are doing this you found that in your childhood much of the content you enjoyed hasn't really evolved from your childhood experience. Liberals want pats on the head for copying the work of someone original, possessing little originality on their own. All that's happened is you've called a spade a spade and until such a time as entertainment has truly diverse offerings (ideologically speaking) we'll have to muddle through with the good bits that came before.

All these retards saying "ur growned uppp!!!!" Listen fags, I know mensa members who watch soap operas and don't like Shakespeare get your heads out of your arses.

I dunno, I never liked TV or movies. I was reacting negatively to Judaism at a very young age.

still enjoy it, but it has to be more complex and nuanced or else it gets on my nerves due to still enjoy a good film or game though insofar as they're well made and I can appreciate the design that went into them

The irish retard actually believes that intelligence is in the same degree with maturity. Fucking kid, you know you have to be at least 18 to post here.

Attached: 285752_488212691211636_26848850_n.jpg (640x960, 43K)

I was a movie buff and watched a ton of series. Now I only watch old movies and don't watch series at all. I might go to the cinema to watch some random shit a couple times a year on a date or something.

Be the change you want to see, yes.

Conservative entertainment is as good as ever.

Just watch older tv shows, films, music is still fine unless you are looking for good music in the charts. The main thing for me is I read more books again like when I was a kid so I naturally play less vidya and watch less tv.

>I am more worldly than a highly successful 79 year old with an IQ of 156 because everyone on some website I visit thinks so

>Are you by any chance Indian?
Coz I experienced the same thing. I don't think White people with privilege are capable of experiencing this.

>work at IT company
>parking lot full of Rick & Morty/Star Wars/Marvel bumper stickers
>bugmen dev's keep toys on their desks
>colleagues constantly talking about the new superhero movie, steam games
I still enjoy music and some old TV shows but I'm just not "with it" in terms of pop culture. I'd rather spend time at the gun range

Attached: 1445371065180s.jpg (250x232, 7K)

do you believe a "mature" person isn't supposed to enjoy classic literature?

a good film can have many of the same qualities if you're not pretentious

I don't know that it's becoming more conservative, but rather just a natural consequence of getting older. I've still basically got the same politics I had twenty years ago; it's just that everything nowadays seems to either be a reboot of something from an earlier decade, or a fucking "reality" show.

The villain gets the drop on the hero who is in an impossible situation.
But there's 20 minutes left, and the bad guy begins a long monologue about how he's going to kill the hero instead of just pulling the trigger.
At the end of his speech he is killed by a shot from off screen by a character that was left for dead two scenes ago.
"Lets get out of here before the self destruct charges go off"

>based leaf
i like watch mash and shooting as well

Attached: pepe51.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

you become aware of different forms of entertainment, you see the manipulation involved in popular forms of entertainment, and busy yourself with more productive pleasure.

Attached: 1520043486848s.jpg (125x109, 3K)

Stopped watching TV other than the news, never watch new movies, and now my video game obsessed friends actually disgust me. The idea of playing PUBG for 6 hours makes me fucking groan.

Anime is the only media I can somewhat tolerate. There's a lot of lewd/dumb stuff but every once in a while I'll find something that appeals to me.

Attached: 1503879860507.jpg (1250x1000, 657K)

Nah g I just make my own music now.

Im being more self reliant.

Let me know where can I find something like this on a contemporary movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=9rcIJIWqYmo

Rap is not entertainment. You learn to like intellectually stimulating things like classical and jazz.

Attached: 0084C6D0-AE42-4A6A-8708-AE5444C3DB47.jpg (1178x1080, 848K)

Wait, we're talking about intelligence here? I thought it was just because TV and movies are too pozzed and shitty.

Humor isn't dead. It's just that when you get used to laugh at the things considered funny in the cesspits of the internet like the one we are in right now, normie mainstream humor just doesn't cut it anymore.

Movies and games are just getting worse. It doesn't have anything to do with you being more conservative or even growing older.
The shit they try to pass off as entertainment sucks dick.
I used to love sci-fi and horror movies, so I watched Annihilation, it was insultingly bad. That's pretty much how I feel about all movies. The only two movies I enjoyed in the last 10 years were Split and Don't Breathe, and even with those movies I had massive problems with them that the directors should have seen.

It's less being conservative and more growing older and movies getting shittier.

Unfortunately yes. Or, at least, the mediums change.

yep. cant even listen to a rap song or watch the obvious propaganda they put out in shows/movies.

not that I don't watch anything, but I'm just really selective and will turn shit off if it gets too preachy

It's called "growing up" and we all go through it.
Don't be confused by these new feelings, embrace them.
>you're waking up

>Listen fags, I know mensa members
get a load of this faggot

Attached: soygrin.png (955x807, 1.21M)

first time i've seen this observation in this thread
all the entertainment media has gone to shit in the last twenty years, is why we hate it all
because jews bought all the corps from anglos

I argue it depends on the subtlety of your message. Things have gotten so heavy handed that all of the fun is zapped out of entertainment. Even then, if you go back to some shows from the 90s, even they’re pozzed as can be. Shitting allover Christians was practically a sport back then.

undisciplined people who lack critical thinking skills or self-understanding default to tv or movies as a vice in the same way people default to drugs, only it's not as stigmatized.

i don't know if it has as much to do with you being conservative as it does with you simply seeing it for what it is more and more as you've aged. i don't think your gripe with it is uncommon among liberals.

I enjoy true talent more.

*than*

mainstream drivel is getting worse because the least common denominator is getting dumber and dumber. but if you look for the good niche/indie/whatever stuff there's more quality content than ever.

WE'RE NOT CONSERVATIVES, FAGGET

Attached: 1514370398495.gif (450x488, 868K)

I wish we could.
What I meant by it was that while conservative entertainment (like that) is still as good as it was, perhaps a bit better, while liberal-themed is entertainment used to be fun until we grew up and discovered how disingenuous it is.

Maybe you should go back to your favorite website, BLACKED.com

Attached: Shlomo Shekelstein.jpg (501x585, 157K)

There isn't. Movies like Annhilliation are what are considered to be the ''2 smart 5 u'' movies that didn't succeed because the average movie goer is too dumb, but then you watch them and they're fucking retarded.
I'll go find some amazing quotes from the movie.

That scene was so far ahead of its time

I only watch outdoor, fishing, old music, nature and food tv channels

Yes it does.. thats why i made this thread:
Now go over there and become part of our leftist faggots club

Here's a little excerpt from what is today considered a smart movie that only enlightened fedora tippers can enjoy. Best writing of the year.

''The plants have human body plant arms attached to shoulders, legs, to hips.''
''It's literally not possible.''
''It's literally what is happening. She shimmer is a prism, but it refracts everything, not just light and radio waves. Animal DNA, plant DNA, all DNA''
''What do you mean all DNA?''
''She is talking about all DNA.......she is talking.....about us.''

+ travel channels

>She is talking about all DNA.......she is talking.....about us.'

whoa.

Attached: IMG_0416.png (447x378, 11K)

I don't know. I don't really enjoy things like action movies anymore, but I'm finding more and more that I like golf, carpentry shows, and stuff like that.
I still like anime, though, but not really action stuff there, either.

Doesn't this just point out that women should have the opportunity to be exposed to felony arrest and field situations? Why wasn't she on the field in the first place?

(((Entertainment))) is an enormous waste of time. Read a book instead. They communicate things that actually matter to the human soul. And you'll learn about subjects that are actually real. I haven't gone to the movie theater more than once a year since 2013 and I will never have TV in my house.

Go to /lit/ and tell them you want to get into reading and some people will help you get started.

I had a vacation day so I went to get my oil changed yesterday morning, and the waiting room had a television with one of those morning shows on... I don't have a cable package and don't really watch network stuff, I just stream or torrent what I want.
MY GOD! THE UNMITIGATED FUCKING BANAL IDIOCY!
How do people willingly watch that garbage, what could they possibly get from a bunch of syncopated braying asses, groomed to within an inch of their lives, tossing their hair and dishing about celebrity gossip, overpriced products, and horrible "music"? If it wasn't 20 degrees, I would have sat on the curb and waited outside until my vehicle was finished.
I have never considered a morning show to be entertainment, but man did it ever make me want to gouge my eyes and eardrums out. It also made me despair for humanity lel.

Attached: 1520424736288-pol.jpg (511x960, 73K)

Pretty much anything frivolous, and its great

I agree with you except your last point. Every leftist I know loves movies or Rick and Morty. Very few actually shun it.

Enterntainment is a form of containment.

unironically this. tv and vidya became pretty infuriating after a while, and now i find my entertainment in going out with my mates, going to different places and taking in the country i live in. too bad chinks and shit skins have to shit up my suburb.

I still enjoy entertainment, just not the entertainment (((they're))) creating I enjoy a lot of older movies but also love when I find a gem of conservatism in modern film or tv

>if you listen to pop or top 100 you are a raging faggot

It's not that you stop enjoying entertainment, is that you realize it's engeneered and heavily propagandistic. That's why I only watch wreslting and japanese entertainment.

Get rid of them friend, it's only going to get worse

Once you take the red pill, you see kike shit everywhere. Basic entertainment becomes garbage.

BUT, you start to enjoy other things like sports, outdoor activities such as rock climbing, hunting and traveling and skydiving.

Attached: 1511067119835.jpg (1233x1800, 553K)

I'm pretty sure movies and other entertainment are just getting shittier m8.

Attached: 1521293597342m.jpg (1024x490, 41K)

>FISHED

You mean SCALED

Same

Less to do with being conservative, more to do with all forms of “entertainment” being leftist propaganda and garbage because of it. I still enjoy old books and movies. I spend more time outdoors than i used to as well.

The most profitable entertainment we have in America is run by Jewish companies and liberal Hollywood elites, and is full of racemixing and homosexual propaganda.

Don't bother blockbuster type movies if they're from America after the mid 90's.

Also, disliking someone just because they don't like the same shit as you is incredibly shallow
and so is assuming all shit is the same. There is a lot of variety out there in film. Just make sure to avoid superhero and rom-com movies, because they're very repetitive, and avoid Shekelburg-produced movies, because they'll make you lose hope for humanity.

cool

edgy

Its almost like children are easier to entertain....
Also when you're a kid most things are new but when you're older and watching the tenth film with roughly the same plot points it gets boring. And lets not even get into modern Hollywood being an unimaginative sequel & Reboot machine and switching out engaging plots for political indoctrination (See the StarWars movies).

You need a productive hobby.

This

This was definitely the case for me. Building or fixing something is so much more satisfying than keeping up with the latest vidya or hot new tv show.

I think uncky ted's manifesto was pretty dumb in some ways, but more and more I cant help but see every bit of entertainment I consume as a ploy get me to buy in to some idea or trinket being peddled by some faggot in New York or LA. and I just strongly prefer to keep to myself, on my own property, focused on improving my own shit with my own 2 hands instead of paying attention to the quote unquote culture of the nation at large.

Last night for instance I went to a professional sporting event. I didn't see a fun game that me and my friends can bond over for a few hours. I see an excuse to trap me and 10,000 other people in a relatively confined area for a few hours so we can read Bud Light signs while we make believe that a bunch of black felons who grew up halfway across the country represent our city in some way. Pure commoditization of human tribalism. It made me fucking ill.

Yeah but they don't. Everything is trite degenerate kike trash anymore. Even things i enjoyed as a kid and young conservative are so pozzed it makes me sick.

Growing up Jerry Springer was all the rage.

One day it was on and I was eating lunch. It made me literally vomit listening to it.

I think those shows help seperate the mindless masses from the rest of us. Those shows are meant to destroy your mind and soul. To hypnotize you into being one of their soulless consumers.

Eh, I watch Maury sometimes. Pretty funny to watch a bunch of trashy thots try to pin their kid on some loser with a face tattoo so she can finally strike gold and get dat child support money.

dis

I only watch films and TV pre-1990.

I'm literally shaking
I watched alien for the first time ever this b year. That bitch can act, she's my favorite actress

Anyone else notice the BLATANT advertisements in movies nowadays? The first movie I really noticed it in was minority report

Late bump

Attached: 1520988708364-pol.jpg (500x582, 39K)

>The more redpilled you become, do you enjoy entertainment less and less
Of course. Because you see the degeneracy in all of entertainment which is shaping the minds of the population. You recognise it's all Jewish brainwashing and you start to despise every facet of it.