Perfection was achieved in 1995

Perfection was achieved in 1995.

why didnt you post a picture of it

That it was. Her angelic presence filled me with hope.

And 7 episodes later that record was broken.

Those cunts contaminated the whole anime industry for the next 100 years.

Getting this out of the way.

In the 90s the moe protagonist trend was in full swing. Otaku clambered over each other to get all the merch for the latest cute waifus.

Anno was disgusted by this behavior and so created a girl that outwardly was cute but character wise was bitterly plain, boring and creepy. She was intended to show the vapid, materialistic habits of the otaku expose how wrong the anime industry was in fostering it.

>3DPD trash
>perfection
shit taste acquired

> create a satire character which mocks a certain aspect of your society’s culture
> it only ends up serving to fuel the very thing you hate

So Anno was baiting waifufags into showing how shallow they are? Because if his goal was to make otaku more self reflective, I think he failed.

citations needed

[citation needed]

it doesn't get better

that doesn't have to do with Rei, you made that connection, not Anno

Bout half way through and its absolute shit

Only reason I haven't dropped it is this unending praise it gets.

Extremely slow and generic so far. Sitting around, staring at walls/the sky, girls changing while boys ogling, eating curry, soft-spoken boy devoid of personality is the chosen one to control some giant robot against a big alien thing every now and then but they do nothing interesting with with at all.

So many unanimated still frames as well.

90s anime must have been some special kind of garbage if this is what people liked

Kind of like how Scream was intended to kill the slasher movie genre but instead spawned an entire wave of imitators and revived what was already a dying trend

keep watching, also how new to anime are you that you've never watched NGE

hahahahaha

It has to do with Asukafags, Reifags and Misatofags. Anno wanted to take responsibility for you all becoming impudent, but you refused to accept that his work is to mock you.

keep watching. shit hits the fan in episode 18 or so

I agree

no its me mocking him for thinking he is above the rest of us

Perfection was achieved whenever Trigger dropped this depressed christmas cake

I have a tendency to put off the most well-regarded anime/games/movies/etc or ones i'm personally interested in until after I chug through lesser stuff. Weird habit.

I certainly hope it gets better but it just has zero momentum. It feels episodic even, where nothing connects from one episode to another. I don't see any themes or shit yet. All I see is a penguin, that animation of Misato drinking a beer and going "ahhhh" for the 15th time, Ikari laying in bed looking at the ceiling, and panty shots.

Even if the rest from here on out is immaculate, I can say already it's overrated. The first 12 episodes have been total fucking garbage

Are you sure it was that year?

What is the source of this meme opinion? I don't see it in interviews at the time or in the show itself. Criticism of otaku was only AFTER the show was already over, meaning the respose people had to it.

Eva is a show created by hardcore otaku. Anno is a greasy otaku to the core. He loves moe, fanservice, giant robot/monster fights, scifi. He's got that traditional shame complex to him, but this is who he is deep down. Anno isn't stupid, he knows no one should feel that way to Rei. That's the normalfag's point of view, which he himself admits he isn't fond of because Eva is a show for otaku and he doesn't like people talking shit about them without understanding them, which includes himself.

>dragon ball

it gets better, but i liked the show all the way through. also you're pretty close to when it gets really good

perfection can be achieved twice, its not a one time thing

Read what you posted. He straight up says he made Eva as entertainment and only put up this crusade as a response to how some people responded to his show.

Perfection at its Best!

>haha shes a foreigner and doesnt know anything about Japan!
>but speaks perfect japanese and follows Japanese customs and culture to a t
>in fact "speaks" german with heavy japanese accent
greatest anime ever, best written character ever

woooow
im amazed

He doesn't like otaku using his anime as a source of dependence, remember his a pupil and close friend of Miyazaki.

wrong character

didn't quote anyone.

you know who I'm talking about and you know i'm right

>why do people like the things I make
what a spoiled brat

asuka?

That's very different from saying 'Anno doesn't like otaku'. He isn't criticizing people who like anime and buy some merchandise, but those who develop an unhealthy obsession over it.

now miyazaki on the other hand is an asshole.

They were good characters though. The problem is the derivative shit characters that came after from retarded anime/manga creators that misunderstood the whole point of Evangelion. Pure cancer for the anime industry.

Reminder that Miyazaki is what led to the creation of Gendo Ikari in NGE. Notice the similarities.

>miyazaki: asshole
>gendo: asshole
checks out

Miyazaki likes to talk about things he doesn't understand and Sup Forums likes to take his quotes out of context. He's probably less an asshole than an out of touch, bitter, grumpy old man.

Yeah, how people treated his show. There is no indication he created the show with these intentions people keep saying he had.

Obviously he feels personally about these things because they relate to himself as an otaku, but he can't control people. So go ahead and make even more money off of them.

*they relate to himself as an otaku and a creator

yeah pretty much, a bitter old man who hates those that support him, otaku anime fans (and normalfags)

2011 and then upgraded in 2013.

No way.

There's no such thing as Misatofags. We all love her, and aren't insecure about our choices. Fine ass woman.

Wrong Rei.

Actually a shitty rpg did it back in 2006

Misato best girl

Go to fanfiction.net if you want the good stuff, or google wayback ect.

>tfw I was born the day EoE came out in Japan

never bothered to check the date until now