How disgusting

How disgusting.

They lost.

I bet she wanted more.

We will never know, Asuka is even more ambiguous than the G-man from Half-Life.

If I said I happened to be an expert on the subject, would you hold it against me?

Shnji was gay4dicks anyway.
Nice trips tho

There's an explanation for everything she does.

>citing a trading card game
your fucking retarded

And that explanation is, she is really, really demanding.

*you're

Did you know that 70% of what we know about Evangelion's lore comers from a PSP game which Anno helped write?
Did you know Anno helped write the trading cards, too?

doesn't make it canon

Anything written by Anno about the show is canon.

so the rebuilds are canon, explain how that works

I'm gonna give a House opinion here and say that everyone is going to see something different that he or she can relate to.
Also lorefags fucking disgust me. I've had the "pleasure" of being on an IRC where rabid lorefags outnumbered everyone else. Both the show's ending and the message flew right over their heads.

They are canon yes

They're not necessarily connected to NGE but they might be.

>I'm gonna give a House opinion here and say that everyone is going to see something different that he or she can relate to.

This doesn't mean that there's not a whole, objective picture. It just means that uncovering it fully requires more than one viewpoint

I think I have everything related to Asuka's behavior understood as well as the writers did

You've kind of had first hand experience. If anything, Anno should ask you, except don't fall asleep while he's in the same building.

English: how disgusting
Japanese: I feel sick (as in morning sickness)

I don't think she's pregnant, she just got her body back. They had spirit sex, don't think you can be soul-pregnant.

We know from Miyamura that kimochi warui refers at minimum to Shinji masturbating to her, but it might more generally be a review of instrumentality, ie. "Seeing everyone's memories was disgusting." I imagine it was also disgusting to have Shinji see her deepest feelings and memories. Kimochi warui was like a two-word screed against instrumentality. Like a bad yelp review.

That scene and ambience are incredibly hot. I can't think of anything that would be better.

It's still the best way to describe that relationship in two words.

I would've liked a different backdrop. A prettier one, a reward for leaving instrumentality. The way it looked you can't help but think it was a mistake for them to leave.

There are things Shinji says and does that I'm not sure anyone will ever understand, they weren't intended to be fully understood.
Shinji is based off Anno's personality so I'm sure he went much deeper with that character, it's like the difference between drawing from a reference vs drawing freehand.

Sometimes a red beach is as good as it gets. There is beauty to be found in desolation and wide open spaces.
I have trouble understanding him as well. Is he genuinely afraid of contact in a certain scene, is he faking it to get drama and attention, or is he passive from keeping his anger in check? I can get different mileage simply based on the mood I was in when I last saw the scene.

>he genuinely afraid of contact in a certain scene, is he faking it to get drama and attention, or is he passive from keeping his anger in check?

Even before that level, I get confused by some of his dialogue. Most of the things he says during instrumentality are incomprehensible. It doesn't help that much of it is stuff which he's saying from a position of omnipotence, to others in a similar position, and we the viewers aren't party to that same inside info.

He's saying it from the perspective of someone who's having a sleepless night or a bad dream and reconsidering his life. Of course it's not going to make much sense to anyone but him. I got the transcript open right now, and honestly the only thing that surprises me is that he only mentioned one person by name at the end of Instrumentality.
Did you ever have sleep paralysis or a vivid nightmare when you were younger? It's supposed to be something like that.

>Did you ever have sleep paralysis or a vivid nightmare when you were younger?
Yeah but those were never moments of self-reflection, just fear followed by relief on waking up

The cat died.

>using quotes out of context and a non-canon card game to justify your crackship

Listen to Everything You've Ever Dreamed, it states Asuka kissed him with a kiss that wasn't real and genuine. Its a relationship that can never truly happen.

>3 episodes and a movie left
Those have been some wild 10 hours

Thanks Rei for destroying the entire human race. Good job there.

Doesn't matter, what happened after instrumentality was genuine.

Yes, Shinji tried to press his thumbs into her throat and she called him disgusting. Very genuine, indeed.

You're omitting something. I wonder why?

The thing Is, I actually look at the whole picture and what Asuka truly thinks of Shinji. You refuse to do so. I wonder why?

You're not looking at the whole picture, I think I just mentioned that.

Everyone knows that everything in EoE can be taken at face value and there is never a secondary, true meaning beneath the surface-level false one

You just said her meaning behind the kiss doesn't matter, and that post intrumentality doesn't. You are the one that refuses to look at the whole picture.

There isn't a romantic subtext to be taken from One More Final, and you shipperfags refuse to accept anything real about Asuka exists. I don't get how anyone could be so stubborn to accept truth.

>that only post intrumentality matters
excuse me

Everything prior to instrumentality was a series of misunderstandings, instrumentality was the first time anyone understood each other. Shinji and Asuka hated it though. It was disgusting. You feel me?

>There isn't a romantic subtext to be taken from One More Final,

of course, 'i need you' means she merely needs him to cook her bentos like always

and when she said "if I can't have all of you, I don't want any piece" beforehand, that wasn't romantically contextual, she was discussing dismembering him or something. you've cracked the code

Anno stated that the "kimochi warui" came from a discussion him and Miyamura about the masturbation scene. So I take it that's what "kimochi warui" means.

>of course, 'i need you' means she merely needs him to cook her bentos like always
That title came way before Asuka character was even a thought. Anno stated this a few times.

>and when she said "if I can't have all of you, I don't want any piece" beforehand
Asuka wants validation, jeez haven't anyone in this thread ever been in high school? Its very common from 3DPD that they want attention, even if they don't give a shit about the person's feelings.

>Anno stated this a few times.
no he didn't but cool fanfiction

Anno asked Miyamura what would she say to a man who "he sees you sleeping, he can rape you any time he wants. Instead, he just looks at you, masturbates to you." Miyamura said to Anno "I thought Anno-san was a very strange man, but in that moment, I felt disgusting." Anno responded "I expected as much"

Is everyone who browses these threads newfags? Where are the oldfags? Crikey!

do you realize that what you just said has nothing to do with what i said?

i wonder what it must be like to go through life as slow as you clearly are

more edits where

you expect me to read all that?
why does Sup Forums get so autistic about hidden meanings?

Well it's the most hard to understand scene in a hard to understand show

What was Gendo's plan exactly? For the longest time until the end I thought he just wanted mass tang like seele but obviously that's not it.

He wanted to reunite with Yui.

I got that but how was he planning to do it which is different than mass tang exactly? Just Tang for two?

I feel you. They both had distorted images of themselves and the other one. Each saw exactly what they didn't (not) want to see.

keeper.

Tang for two, exactly. That was the thing he tried to do. What a reason to sacrifice two children to a cult. What a dad.

Gendo's scenario actually happens during the NGE 2 game.

He, and all of humanity, are funneled into the core of EVA-01 where Yui's soul is.