The great debate

The great debate

What debate? Which series is shittier? The answer is HxH

Hunter x Hunter is better, but the hiatuses and text dumps we've been getting lately aren't what we want. The end.

I'm 40 chapters in and I can't fucking stand Deku. Holy shit, he is insufferable and so hard to like. Literally every other character introduced so far is better imo

>we've

Speak for yourself, I got used to it.

Also shit thread OP

We all know HxH is miles above Hero Academia. What we should be questioning is whether BNHA will jump the shark like Naruto did or not. Although, in BNHA's defense, its premise and execution is much better than Naruto.

>Imagine being user
>imagine having this much shit taste

how many times are you gonna make this thread

>HxH
>Bnha
>Debate

One is for older shonenfags and the other is for underage shonenfags. Guess which one's which

>Pro-tip: You can't

The blond dude's name is Bakugo, not Deku.

pros and cons from someone who likes both anime and manga

HXH
>art quality is overall shit. ranges from good to absolute trash, and is usually below average.

>story is good but it won't ever be finished. can't really help it

>characters; i really, really like each of hxh's characters.most of them are memorable even if you dislike them.

>fight scenes; hxh has much better martial arts and nen fights are interesting and cool

BOKU NO HERO
>art is always good and super consistent

>story i think it's good so far but i feel like half the fanbase hates it and half loves it. feels pretty shitty to read weekly, but reading novel by novel is great

>characters; hit or miss. good designs but he barely uses tons of the good characters he's put together

>fight scenes; always damn good, hard to compare because hxh is usually evenly matched nen fights and bnh is just big overpowered battles where you always know who will win

Boku no hero has no arcs anyone will talk about 10 years later

Why do people keep trying to compare these two series that have nothing in common except for being shounenshit?

HERO ACADEMIA BY FAR. HORI IS A MASTER AT DECONSTRUCTION. HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO DENSE

this is like arguing if its better to freeze to death or burn to death, both suck

Even though i like both series, that's kinda true. BnHA doesn't have any arc that stands out above the rest. We had the AfO fight but the arc was short and lost steam at the end. Every big battle shonen like it or not, be good or bad had this one arc that people always remember

one looks like shit but has an interesting powers system

the others doesent

Can someone name a series that actually deconstructs tropes or whatever

>BNHA vs HxH
I see this crap everyday is it a meme?

>One is a epic adventure all over one big kinda fantasy setting, that highlights values such as friendship in such harsh place
>The other is a the personal journey of a single character within a established system in order to become the best despite all of his shortcomings and achieving his dreams.
Those two only have in common the magazine where they are published and the green MC, but otherwise they are nothing alike.
Like, I know this is bait and I like HxH a lot, but god, HunterxHunterfags are actually obnoxious and retarded.

FUCK OFF HERORAGER

HxH

>MC is a psychopath, takes innocent girl hostage as well
>if his friends kill its okay
>he cares about helping his mentally unstable friend to kill all the guys who killed his entire tribe, this same friend is the one who joined a mafia that deals with killing, drugs, weapons and other horrible things like human trafficking just to satiate his revenge, our MC doesn't care anyway
>"villains" did nothing wrong
>>Hisoka being a murderer and a pedo that kills because he is a thirsty motherfucker recognizes in Gon the potential of becoming as twisted as him, a fucking psycho.
>Chrollo claims a "100% win" and actually wins
>no jobbers
>author is on hiatus 24/7

thats subversion, not deconstruction

Either boredom, venting jealously, or memeing. Or more likely, all of the above.

And Boruto is literally right there if you want a comparison thread.

Because HxH isn't generic shounen shit. If you want some rushed up shit just read academia or bleach

Is it worth reading the HxH manga if I just finished the entire 2011 anime and liked it but hated the Chimera Ant arc.

hxh isnt about a wacky "adventure" like one piece. hxh is all about psychology it focuses on the characters thoughts and feelings as they face various dangers and tribulations everything within the universe plays into the theme of expressing thoughts or emotions from nen being para psychological in nature to deconstructing rockpaper scissors.

bnha is a battle shonen manga the focus is on one character getting stronger and trying to become the best hero.

Nope, consider HxH done for you when the anime ends.

> shit vs shit

>hxh is all about psychology it focuses on the characters thoughts and feelings as they face various dangers and tribulations everything within the universe plays into the theme of expressing thoughts or emotions from nen being para psychological in nature to deconstructing rockpaper scissors.
How much IQ do i need to understand HxH again?

bout 350

your age times 5

Did you just fucking compare my generic academia with Hunter x Hunter?

Lmao fucking retard

Lol no it's not. The entirety of part 1 Naruto is miles above anything MHA has done so far. just compare the tournament arcs. The MHA one is laughably bad in comparison.

>name a series that actually deconstructs tropes or whatever

The term deconstruction and subversion have just become memes now. Ideas that are repeated over and over again. When they're repeated so much brainlets and normies start to use it and they can't explain what it as well as the YouTuber they watched. So they used it whimsically for everything they think is clever. Memes don't have meaning they're just memes

No one has even died in BNH, villains are jokes. No threats at all.

There's nobody worse than Gon, so My Meme Academia wins by default.

>using One Piece which has infinitely better psychological focuses than HxH.
Katakuri’s example eating donuts laying on his back is better than Gon getting mad.

Why

I loved the psychological focus on how affected Luffy was by Ace's death. Oh wait, that lasted about a page.

Lmao that hand dude is the biggest joke that's come out of shounen jump. What a joke.

It’s still there, these feelings motivated Luffy in Dressrosa. Do you expect a cry for Ace scene in each chapter? His actions show it. Read more slowly.

finally people are seeing that chimera ant sucked shit. togashi is an awful writer and doesn't even know the basics of good writing: show dont tell

also you huntards are just a bunch of pretentious autistic virgin fedora tippers neckbeards who think that walls of text = good writing.

Do I really need to explain why the Chunin exams is better than generic academia's tournament?

Even the best thing in the arc of MHA was literally copied from Naruto. People apparantly didn't get the memo but Deku vs Todoroki had the same themes AND plot progression as Naruto vs Neji (which did it way better).

Naruto had amazing tension, a great central villain and an interesting world with us slowly getting introduced to the rest of the villages. The fights were also about 20000x times as good.

I don't even consider Naruto to be good.

Nakama powerups are psychological focus?

>The story gives you insight into the characters feelings and thoughts like literally every story
>OH MY GOD THEY ARE EXPLORING THE HUMAN SPIRIT TROUGH THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE CHARACTERS THIS SHOW IS SO SMART.

Are you too much of a brainlet to explain why it's shit?

Mushibugyo is better.

Luffy’s remorse for Ace shows in the way he extensively fought to obtain the Mera Mera and he got upset when Blackbeard said he would take it. Oda only get 18 pages a chapter at most are you suggesting a page of Luffy praying to Ace every chapter?

It’s basically an excuse for not having an adventure, since having an adventure still has all the elements of focus on psychology.

>hxh isnt about a wacky "adventure" like one piece. hxh is all about psychology it focuses on the characters thoughts and feelings as they face various dangers and tribulations everything within the universe plays into the theme of expressing thoughts or emotions from nen being para psychological in nature to deconstructing rockpaper scissors.

Just because something good is done in writing dosent mean you have to be smart to understand it. Any body can understand it, it's just a matter of how fast you understand it, it's ok if you don't understand at first glance, because you can make that information simple to yourself so you can tell it to others and affect how they think. Anything can be simplified so don't act like you have to some advance intellectual to comprehend something you pretentious cunt

Hunter x Hunter. If you wanted a better bait thread you should have done a HxH vs One Piece thread

I was meme-ing. I like OP and I thought that grief was well done.
That doesn't make OP's characters any more simple though. THey're good but don't give me bullshit that they explore the human mind or that OP has great exploration of psychological themes because it simply doesn't have that.

I too loved Gon's character development after the CA arc. Oh wait it was completely undone. Kaito came back thanks to his convenient and totally not aspully new crazy slots abilitie. Gon got away scot with absolutely everything he had done thanks to certain magical girl(male) and now his character it's back to square one, no nen and the exact same person it was at the beggining of the series

It's a pasta, I've seen the same thing posted long since HxH's return. Just ignore.

Can you show non vague examples to back up your claim.

It really does though user, just less overtly.
The main antagonists primary weakness as stated by Whitebeard is psychological, even.

Alluka being male is such a meme.

Togashi better troll than Kubo confirmed.

scot free*

The BNHA fambase is mad at people using the O MY RUBBER NEN meme and think HxHfags are invading their threads even though the O MY shitposting is everywhere on Sup Forums

That all sounds like a you problem, entirely separate from the actual events of the series and what they meant.

That's another chalk to underage children attempting to slate a series they sped through to make a slap dash critique.

>People apparantly didn't get the memo but Deku vs Todoroki had the same themes AND plot progression as Naruto vs Neji (which did it way better).
That was kinda undone by the fact that Naruto was the reincarnation of ninja Jesus. Also the fight was more about destiny than lineage

Have you actually read HxH? It's the complete opposite. The characters are all more nuanced and have more depth to them than what you'd find in OP. Even fucking the octopus guy is a better written Usopp.
Ging is a really interesting character because he's so flawed. He's a fucking piece of shit but he's aware of it and can be genuinely a good guy. He's shy and stubborn to the point where he seems condescending but he also admits his own flaws and that he gets into bad situations because he talks more than he thinks.
Kurapika's entire arc is the best "revenge" arc in anime, during Yorkshin he calculated his odds.Tried to capture a spider member.When things got complicated he killed him with no regret. Shifted his focus to getting Gon and Killua back after he put them in danger. His friends tried to avoid having him kill more spiders but indirectly because it is stupid to reason someone who is decided on revenge.

even minor ones like Welfin have more psychology than the characters in OP.

It’s been all about that though:
Nami betrays the crew.
Sanji intro he knows the feeling of starvation and the feeling of eating.
Chopper’s psychological focus on Drum is completely undeniable, as was Wapol’s.
The only way to hit the strongest CoO users is to shake their mental focus.
Enel was God complex.
Usopp was the liar.
This goes on and on.

>That all sounds like a you problem, entirely separate from the actual events of the series and what they meant.
So are you gonna argument me back or are you gonna use namecalling as a scapegoat?

And BNHA's version was undone by Deku getting handed the most powerful quirk

I read all the way till Netero death, over many years. I’m not saying HxH doesn’t have it, I’m saying One Piece does it very well too, so your example of it as a story that doesn’t is wrong.

My claim of the fight being a copy or naruto's tournament arc being better?

I mean in general there was just a lot more shit going on in the Chunin Exam arc. A large cast of interesting, original, new characters who all have an interesting dynamic and great motivations that reached beyond stuff like "I want to support my family" (Ochako). MHA's arc had no tension, there was no danger. Meanwhile Sasuke was about to be abducted, overtaken by a curse, the village was about to be attacked all while every character was engaging in a tournament arc where death was not at all uncommon.

Neji as a character was extremely similar to Todoroki and also how their arcs played out. Neji was an edgy kid who was angry at the world because his family had betrayed him when he was younger and killed his father. Todoroki is an edgy kid ho is angry at the world because his family had betrayed him. In their fights the main character of both shows forces them to reflect on their way of thinking and they eventually go and talk to their family members to slowly over time work out their problems.

Neji's fight was in my opinion better because Naruto had more personal involvement in his problems because Naruto saw himself in Neji, he saw what he could have become. Meanwhile Deku wanted to help people in general, he had no connection to Todoroki at all.

I'm not saying Mha's tournament is shit, it's alright. But the Chunin exams is better.

Yeah, the BnHA fan base needs to learn that HxH has the most cancerous fans in all of Sup Forums. They shitpost in almost every shonen thread, and replying to them will only proliferate their existence.

but hes right.

gon in the manga is now a lot more introspective and made self deprecating comment about not having the qualities of a son, it shows that he's recognising his flaws and has lost confidence, but tries to cover it up with jokes

Him being ninja jesus is something that can be blamed on later arcs, not the chunin exams though.

Check my other longer comment on why I think the fight is similar. You're right that there is a thematic difference though.

>he's recognising his flaws
it shows more that his dad's neglect has left permanent damage to the poor boy's psyche

I hope you realize everyone uses the meme

I would if I hadn't seen the exact same shit posted over and over in not just this rehashed shit thread, but many others since the hiatus.

It's as tiring as seeing someone go O

Gon is just like Ging though. He can't complain

Can you imagine a delinquent Gon?

HxH is pretty mediocre as shounen and retardedly bad as anything smart. BnHA is not even trying to be smart, but it is a good shounen. I think the choice is obvious here.

>and retardedly bad
and we're done right about here

I'm sorry that you find it smart.

>MHA good shounen

AKA "I have seen/read 1 shounen"

I've read the main three, BnHA. HxH, D.Gray-Man and a bunch of other stuff.

Boku is better overall.
The Chimera arc was 4 times as good as anything Boku has done though.

Holy Sh*t, this is a really, really smart anime. Bokutards need to leave.

I don't even remember some of them now.

Chimera ants were an edgy drama-fest. Yorknew is a much, much better arc.

>DA HUMANS WUZ THE REAL MONSTERS N SHIET
togashi is a fucking genius

I'm sorry you can't spell

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter x Hunter.

>Quick, what was Chapter Black about again?
>Let's just do it again!

Sasuga Togashi

He took it from Ferngully

I can spell it in my native language. I also can speak yours well enough so you'd think you can legitimately attack my spelling.

>thinking liking BnHA or Deku means you have good taste

That heavy handed message with the nukes made me laugh my ass off. It seems like Togashi still didn't learn from The Black Chapter Arc.

Actually Deku Having his quirk passed down and not being able to fully control it enhances the meaning to not have lineage define who you are
>Deku didn't inherit a power from his family
>todo has one of the best powers inuniverse
>Deku new quirk is not his own so he wants to feel like he was to be worthy of it
>Todo doesn't want to use part of his quirk so he dosent resemble his father in anyway
>Deku gives it his all in battles and is injured the most when he tries too hard to fight like all might and not be who he is
>Todo half-assing his quirk is called out by someone who started with nothing at all and had to break his bones to fight on par with someone who's only using half his power.
their fight shows that you shouldn't try to become an exact copy of someone(Deku) or deny what you are(todoroki) because both will hurt you in the end.

This is a stupid thread and if you are replying seriously, seek help.

t. hxhfag

Wow... It really activates... my neurons. So we were the bad guys after all uh? Deep...

t. underage newshit

So angry, so edgy. The deep meaning of HxH is strong with this one.