Boku no Hero

>Deku should've worked out

Does this point have any ground? It makes sense that a person seeking to be a hero should also be looking to get physically stronger. Deku basically gave up.

He was a fucking kid without a quirk and spent more time gushing over how cool heroes are than actually training. He knew he had no hope of getting into a hero academy without a quirk, they require you to have one.

Because working out will totally overcome a literal physical handicap. You can work your way up to punching through buildings, flying, and shooting lazers out of your bellybutton.

He wasn't even in high school yet

One word: aizawa

He was half assing it, that's all. His mother had already told him that his dream basically wouldn't happen and later on even All Might says that you can't reasonably be a Hero without a quirk. It's also a wide spread profession so it's probably common knowledge that no one without a quirk is a professional Hero.
Deku was perusing his dream as someone who's deeply interested but knows it's not going to happen. He's well informed because it's interesting but doesn't work out because he doesn't hold real expectations until All Might encourages him.

That's what makes him just a normal kid.
He's not the elite training day and night overcoming impossible odds.
He's just someone with a sense of justice who was gifted great power.
Someone's luck in life is also having the right people supporting them. Besides the fact that he wasn't born with a gift, he also had an overbearing mother who would freak out at the slightest hint of him getting hurt.
But that's probably too complex of an idea for most of the Sup Forumstards to understand.

This. It's all his mother's fault.

She was right though. All Might himself says that his dream is impossible without a Quirk.

Yet Stain got into a Hero course with his shit quirk.

Why does japan dislike Bnha so much? Is it because its american stylo'd?

Yet Deku places first in that obstacle race without using his quirk. I mean half the quirks we see are only useful in very specific circumstances, yet these people still make hero courses. It's certainly possible for someone to do it.

Post in the thread that's already up coward.

Fujos

Inko really fucked up her kid by not giving him any support at all or any kind of hope, when Deku asked her if he could still be a hero she basically told him no, he never had NOBODY's support on his dream, on the other hand look at Mirio who had a shit quirk and yet his father supported his choice to try to be a hero anyway. Inko sucks, and got fat.

Dunno about whole Japan but 2ch hate the fuck out of it

Pretty sure Stain would beat nearly everyone you listed.

For a series that's so disliked it sure does sell a lot

He spent 15 years in a society where people tell him it's wrong for him to want what he wants. He didn't give up, he quietly rebelled against his world in his own way before All Might came along.

it holds merit, if deku wanted to become a hero THE LEAST he could do was to train his body, at least TRY to do it, instead he sits around and cries about how bad he has it

what's your quirk Sup Forums?

>all thoses dekufags making excuses

Just admit that Hori didn't think this through.

This would be a good explanation, except that he still seemed really hyped about getting in even without a quirk. If he'd given up he wouldn't be studying so hard for the application. Also, I still don't see how hard it would be for an extremely well trained person to get in, even without his quirk Stain would have been a pretty decent tier hero. He would never be All Might, but could easily be better than a lot of the lower level ones.

>he should have worked out
>he should have been even more of a delusional faggot, like Asta
Pick both, and also pick being a retard. The truth is
>he should have gone full Batman but as a self starting, mad scientist type
Almost like the original idea. Shonen Jump knows how make sales, but sometimes ruins ideas.

>IT'S SHONEN JUMP'S FAULT

>>he should have gone full Batman but as a self starting, mad scientist type
That doesn't work for a child. He would have to be aged up considerable for this to hold any ground.

Except that was literally the dude's original idea. He was a nobody when he came in and had no leverage. Yes, shonen hacked up his series, not to say he wouldn't have on his own.

There's also a physical exam so yeah Deku is a retard

Oh yeah you totally could beat up giant robots if you just work out enough.

I can see your point. Going some version of the tech route sounds like a much better solution to me, however. At the very least it makes more sense than complaining that Deku didn't do push ups.

I don't know if anyone here ever worked out. It doesn't give you superpowers.
The idea that working out made any difference without a quirk and for the fucking BEST school in the country. The one designed to challenge the strongest quirks.

It's a requirement to be physically fit which Deku definetely was not before he met All Might. Even then Deku going from a weak kid to being buff in a year is stupud but it's a manga so that's forgivable

>this is what crossboarding shonenkiddies actually believe
It's so his character can be relatable to the faggot audience of wimpy nerds.
>He would never be amazing!!
Neither will Mumen Rider. People just want things to magically happen.

>It's a requirement to be physically fit
No it isn't.

There's a guy whose quirk is just a tail and he worked out and managed to get in

Yeah worked on a body IN CONJUNCTION with his quirk. Without his tail he would be worthless.

I believe we have a winner.

>working out doesn't give you superpowers
No shit, this is an anime you tard. No one here can do anything Stain or Aizawa does because it's a cartoon.

What about eh girl in his school who invents stuff and call them her babies, bnhafag

I don't see why they didn't just have Deku give up on his dreams early on. Would solve any problems with this, and it's explainable. Basically have him give up on it and resign his life to mediocrity, then still try to save Bakugo. Then All Might could have a talk with him and hear how he wanted to be a hero until he gave up when he found out he was quirkless, and then All might could offer him One For All. Would almost increase the emotional impact, and avoid the plothole that he's studying extremely hard for the hero school but not doing any exercise.

That school is not in the hero course.

**that girl

Explain how Aizawa's quirk would help him defeat giants robots. Or the quirk of the s&m girl.

I guess they're not suited to be heroes then?

Name one hero who joined the Department of Heroes who isn't physically fit and who doesn't compensate by having a quirk.

>and avoid the plothole that he's studying extremely hard for the hero school
What? When was that established? As it stood he just applied.

I thought they all passed the same entrance exam and then got dispatched based on the result, which is why mindrape was salty?

>about 1 in 5 people are quirkless
>The vast majority of quirks are weak and barely matter
Deku really just seems like a brat to be honest

Name one hero who joined the department of heroes who doesn't have a quirk.

Why didn't Deku just buy a gun?

Anima or whatever is the name of the ugly golem barely uses his quirks and certainly didn't use it to defeat giants robots.

I don't think the ones applying for marketing or support get thrown in to fight giant robots.
Although now I kinda want that to be the case because that sounds hillarious

As for mindrape he definitely wanted to be in the hero course and I guess general studies is an extra consideration.

He "studied" other people's quirks which is retarded because you'd think the only knowledge available to everyone else would be barebones but it seems like the strengths and weaknesses of a hero's quirk are known to all. I think AfO is the only one that's actually a secret

True, but the gadgets the inventor girl used were pretty sci-fi and I could imagine a normal character being a decent hero with them.

He must've.

I guess Hori should do a flashback at some point and show us how all the 1-A passed to stop these endless question.

My headcannon on how anima passed is that he ran around and saved small critters from the giant robots which gave him a lot of hero points especially from Nezu.

Yeah but that studying wasn't for UA. It helped him at some moments but it wasn't for the entrance at all.

>20% fucking percent of the population don't have quirks
And we're supposed to feel sorry for Deku because?

You pretty much have to go to UA to be a hero and that was Deku's answer

Most of the time she enhances already existing quirks with her gadgets though. Which seems like the more common application. To just enhance a quirkless "normal" human would be weird I think.

>As it stood he just applied
What the fuck was his end game here? He was a normal human manlet with no powers, was physically weak and his only strength is not being braindead retarded. He's lucky a god tier power fell into his lap.

>What the fuck was his end game here?
To try. And probably fail.

Guess he should've worked out.

Still would've failed.

>My headcannon on how anima passed is that he ran around and saved small critters from the giant robots which gave him a lot of hero points especially from Nezu.
Come to think of it, if he was interested, is it possible that he could control Nezu?

You know I can understand why Bakugo was an asshole. Deku was that creepy kid who latched on to you even though it was obvious to all that you didn't like him

>He must've.
Meh, sound like bullshit. And critters mattering in a hero exam is laughable.

And even then, the argument is that working out wouldn't help Deku against giants robots. First, this is bullshit, because obviously a fat slob have less chances of doing stuff than a fit guy, and second, you also get points for saving people, which is easier if you're for example physically fit enough to carry them. And I'm pretty sure the content of the exam was a secret.

Plus, you're disregarding non-physical quirks like Aizawa's that would be worthless against bots.

Could have become a fireman or someething. The fact Deku thinks only heroes are worthwhile makes me look down him. I always felt he looked down on every other profession and that pissed me off

That fucking circluar reasoning is pathetic, bnhafag

>Why did Deku apply?
To try, you never know
>Why didn't he work out to enhances his chances then?
Why, there's no way he would've succeed?
>But then why did he apply
To try, you never know.
Why, there's no way he would've succeeded.
>But then why did he apply?
To try, you never know
To try, you never know

Et cetera et cetera

>because obviously a fat slob have less chances of doing stuff than a fit guy
Was deku a fat slob?
>you also get points for saving people
Nobody knew that.
> And I'm pretty sure the content of the exam was a secret.
Of course it was. But you know it was meant to test the best quirk users.
How the fuck do you think you would pass it if you do a few squads now and then?
>Plus, you're disregarding non-physical quirks like Aizawa's that would be worthless against bots.
I don't think Aizawa passed the test did he.
And he as a character specifically said the test is bullshit.

People assume he's Saauke lite but he really doesn't like Deku and has goid reasons for it

>>To try, you never know
I never said "you never know"
It just doesn't cost anything. I think he knew he wouldn't pass.

Uh don't you sort of have to be fit if you want to use your quirk a lot? I'd imagine that it's taxing on the user's body

It is. People with a quirk have to work out on top of it.

Bakugo is a dick but what pisses me off more is Deku being such an absolute cuck.
>KOROSU DEKU REEE
>y-your so amazing kacchan!!!!

Why shouldn't Bakugo be a dick towards someone who annoys him?

He's a dick to everyone.

I don't know. He wants to be a hero or something.

Then why did someone claim it wasn't a requirement? It seems to me that it was such an obvious thing that they just didn't bother mentioning it.

Because he's stuck with Deku. If Deku wasn't around to piss him off he'd mellow out

That is not the argument.
The argument is that working out alone is the requirement and having a quirk comes second.

Also there are plenty of quirks that I could see not requiring working out.

Except this is a thing speedreader

two (You)s for me
thanks user.

If he kenw he wouldn't pass he wouldn't have tried.

And I'm pretty sure that when Bakugou confronted him about it he said something like "you never know", but I don't know how good the translations was.

Anyway, your reasoning is still flawed.

Why contradict yourself? There's no argument here at all

>If he kenw he wouldn't pass he wouldn't have tried.
Why not? Maybe he wanted to see how it works.
the reasoning doesn't make sense because as an act it doesn't make much sense.
But to say no human ever did something like that is insane.
You sound like an alien. Also deku religiously followed All Might's "believe in yourself" bullshit.

I am not contradicting myself. To improve your quirk you generally have to work out and most of 1-A is such cases. But there are quirks that don't improve via workout and wouldn't gain anything significant from a workout.

>Also deku religiously followed All Might's "believe in yourself" bullshit.
So he thought he had a minuscule chance at passing after all?

>So he thought he had a minuscule chance at passing after all?
No.

>Maybe he wanted to see how it works
So instead of studying for proper important entrance exams, he dicks around to try get into a hero school he will knows he will never get into. the absolute state of dekukeks.

But I thought he believed in All Might's "believe in yourself"

And anyway, here's the reason Deku gives himself.

That is pretty much the plot yes.
Fucking finally we got that through you.

Exactly. He can only answer an empty phrase. Pretty obvious he is not expecting to actually do it.

Again I chose the word religiously very carefully here. Its more faith than logic at that point. Logically he knows he has no chance.

but if he was going to do the exam anyway, why didn't he work out?

>It's so his character can be relatable to the faggot audience of wimpy nerds.
As opposed to you?

Because he didn't think it would matter. He wasn't fat or anything.
I kinda wanna see your version of the first chapters.
He works out. Misses all might and the whole rescue event and never gets One for All and then fails the entrance exam and kills himself after working for 20 years as a Salaryman.

I'm pretty sure Deku is the kind of kid that can pass the exam of some High School. There is a reason why his no 4 in terms of intelligence on his class only beat by 3 genius.

Aizawa still relies on his Quirk so his physical prowess can take them out before they can. His Quirk is literally forcing them to play the /fit/game which he's worked on.

>he doesn't feel sorry for the paraplegic that just wants to be an Olympian
I know this is Sup Forums, but have a fucking heart, man.

>signs up for the hero course he knows he will never get in
>doesn't study anything or prepare for anything
>jerks off in his room all day doing nothing but recording stuff down to ""strategize""
>doesn't have any backup goals
>probably has to go to some shit school because he's a dumbass who didn't study and wasted his time playing pretend hero

Deku truly had the strongest endgame.

>Y-you suck
Woah, what a comeback. But see, the difference is that I don't need my protag to be a shallow self-insert and won't rationalize them being one either. Naruto is a better written shonen character despite all the bullshit. Deku is no better than the shitty LN "underdog" MCs who are secretly really talented.

>>signs up for the hero course he knows he will never get in
Pretty much yeah.
>>doesn't study anything or prepare for anything
I mean he went to school. Normal school clearly is part of that preparation.
UA is also just part of the school system in that regard.
>>jerks off in his room all day doing nothing but recording stuff down to ""strategize""
How did you prepare for High School?
>>doesn't have any backup goals
How old is he and what plans did you have at his age?
>he's a dumbass who didn't study a
He studied a lot. Isn't he one of the smartest in the class only eclipsed by geniuses.

But your entire problem with deku is that he isn't like you. That is the crux of all your complaints.
You would've worked out. You would've not applied to UA.
You would've not tried to be a hero without a quirk

Nobody wants to read a story about you. Just because your complaint is that you can't relate to deku because he is an even bigger loser than you doesn't make you any better than the people who only watch shonen to self-insert.
You are exactly that kind of audience.

Explain how Invisitits got in.

>stain and eraserhead regularly do ninja fucking shit
>WITHOUT A QUIRK
why the fuck would you need a quirk when you can just be a fucking ninja with no physical enhancement whatsoever