L just watched this movie again after a long while...

l just watched this movie again after a long while. ls it right to say that this entire movie is about some virgin school shooter autist who came in contact with deities that even don't belong on earth and became one and was too stubborn and stupid to deal with his power by his own self at the cost of the entire fucking city of neo-tokyo to perish and fucking die.

yes but it couldn't be helped
also the first virgin autist to ascend beyond humanity came down from heaven to spank this jerk's ass, and everybody shouted each other's names a bunch
also there was an orbital laser

bought the supreme collab

Yeah it's about the conflicts between youth and authority in contemporary Japan or something

TETSUUUOOOOOOO

Not deities, espers but yeah, he's a shithead.

The movie sucks, read the manga.

KAAANEDAAAA

TETSUOOOOO

the movie is a really interesting technical accomplishment
manga has the full story but saying the movie isn't worth watching is just plain wrong

same desu

KYRUUUUUUUIN SATSUKIIIIIIIIII

my nigger

The manga is fucking gay and the ending sucks dick
>hur dur we have a second space laser
Genius.

I disliked both the movie and the manga.
While I understand that Movie looks impressive for it's time I find the ploline to be really boring and characters to be uninteresting.
I quite disliked main character.

Here you go, user, you seem to be in desperate need of some of these:

,,,,;;;...

Pleb meme. If they adapted the whole manga it would be garbage with horrible pacing (it's already a bit jumbled even adapting the first part). Film and manga are two totally different mediums. Film's a classic--it took the best part of the manga and did its own spin on it.

>Film's a classic--it took the best part of the manga and did its own spin on it.
No, it didn't, it took 1/4 of the manga and then skip it to the ending.

>for it's time
Ask me how I know you're a pleb.

Not the same post but couldn't that 1/4 be the "best part" user? You didn't really refute anything

Not them, but the movie doesn't even have Akira and his actual Neo Tokyo reign with Tetsuo addicted to pills and whores.

You didn't read it, right? The best part was when Neo-Tokyo explodes, and Akira and Tetsou became the new rulers, remember when Tetsou destroys the moon? Man that was the peak of Akira.
The Movie basically reaches the explosion of New Tokyo, when Akira wakes up, and then skip all until the ending. The reason I dislike the movie is probably because read the manga before watching it.

>Tetsou

He had good taste.

Reminder:

Ayanami > Haruhi > Tetsuo

Ah fuck, sorry Tetsuo*, I always read it as Tetsou, my mistake.

Fuck you

It's about read the manga

I think he means that Tetsuo isn't sympathetic even when taking account into his backstory. Quite frankly, he deserved the breakdown of his powers at the climax in the film. Tetsuo makes Kamille and Shinji look normal in comparison.

That's Grave of the Fireflies. Japan would rather blame someone else, or commit suicide than admit that Akira is an accurate representation of what Japan will be in the future if they didn't change.

Otomo should make a 24 episodes series of his orioginal manga plot, it could be awesome.

The movie was evenr eleased before Otomo finished the manga:

Manga ran from December 6, 1982 to June 11, 1990 and the movie was released the 16 July 1988