JBZ

Since the internet is full of references, memes and whatnot: I finally decided to watch it. What can I honestly expect of JoJo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yF00xX-p28Y
youtube.com/watch?v=OpUbnLjexTc
bato.to/reader#556264e51025d987
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
youtu.be/sjy-4TnrI_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You still being a virgin

The first part is not something that you haven't ever seen before
The second is awesome
The third is good but gets tiresome at some point
Part 4 is good but the real plot comes during the last half

Watch it and find out fucktard

Part 1: Almost storybook like tale - good for introduction but gets pretty boring.

Part 2: Best part hands down - won't reveal much.

Part 3: Suffers slightly from Shoen syndrome, still solid.

Part 4: Persona - The anime, 2nd best part in my opinion.

>animeonly fags
>part 2 fags
Kill yourselves

>OP
>I finally decided to WATCH JJBA
>WHY DIDNT YOU INCLUDE PARTS NOT YET ANIMATED HURRR

Hmmmmmm

expect a fun over-the-top action show with fabulous men fighting other fabulous men in extravagant ways while posing

Part 1 is a good introduction
Part 2 is the best imo
Part 3 is great at times but drags on for too long with too many monster of the week battles
Part 4 is awesome, almost as good as 2 in my mind

Any true fan would have told him to fuck off and read the manga

Shenanigans, attractive men, and shenanigans involving attractive men

>don't read the OP fags
truly the worst kind of scumbag

>True fan strawman

David productions have done a fantastic job animating and doing the series justice. Picking the manga over the anime should just be a matter of personal preference.

Expect some legitimate 10/10 god tier openings.

Everything beyond that is opinions.

youtube.com/watch?v=yF00xX-p28Y
youtube.com/watch?v=OpUbnLjexTc

That pic is 9gag tier shit. Wasn't there some (way better) picture with all 8 parts?

It's a really fun and engaging series. I watched the first 4 parts and just finished reading part 5.
In terms of the adaptations
Part 1 is great.
Part 2 is fucking great.
Part 3 is really great, but does drag on just a bit for my liking. The final battle/climax does make up for it though.
Part 4 is probably my favorite out of the adaptations, though I do prefer the previous parts' art style.
Though out of what I consumed out of the series so far, part 5 has the be best for me. Can't wait until it gets animated.

Finishing up reading Part 4 myself.

First one is great, in my opinion it’s the best Dio story because Part 3 in there he is just last boss. I liked that every twist about him wasn’t to show that he is in fact evil, but just to show how fucking evil.

Second one gets bizzare and introduces probably Araki’s weirdest quirk: his writing is fucking bad and relies on asspulls. Nothing makes sense, why Lisa Lisa never destroyed the stone herself (besides rumored utility in destroying Pillar men that never came to fruition), how Joseph pulls the shit he does, but it just keeps going on and you go along with it. If you hate it you can stop here.

Part 3 is great, it just feels like really good JRPG party adventure, it’s a popular opinion, but probably my favorite Part so far.

Part 4 as I am reading it, I don’t like it as much as Part 3 because it has the same monster of the week formula, but no centralized plot like Part 3 does and some parts of it feel just like fucking filler. It’s still all right, but I don’t really dig it, I don’t particularly like the cast or don’t find stands that interesting. But my opinion might change when I’ll finish it, Kira has been kind of fun.

>why Lisa Lisa never destroyed the stone herself (besides rumored utility in destroying Pillar men that never came to fruition)
The Stone of Aja is literally what shot Kars into space, you fucking mong. And given that it was established that master hamon users could accurately see some details of the future, it makes perfect sense why she'd listen to it.

Fuck, you are right.

However, had they destroyed the stone prior to fight Kars would have been defeated easily, he wouldn’t have absorbed it and Hamon would have killed him.

except they aren't. the anime looks like fucking shit in comparison, and that's saying something since jojo never looked that good until part 7.
the jojo OVAs are the only good animated jojo, and even then its of one of the worst parts so who gives a shit.

That was the one predicted way that they could kill the pillar men without basically letting the pillar men finish the hamon user genocide.

I finished Part 5 recently and I love how tenacious Araki made the villains as the story progressed. They were just about as motivated to win as the protagonists which made the fights all the more engaging.

Which made that fucking hilariously NOTHING of a final fight all the more strange to me.

The final fight is the race to get the arrow from Silver Chariot Requiem.
Gold Experience Requiem is just the finisher.

Yes, that doesn't invalidate anything that he said.

The race to get the arrow and the stand in question is fucking shit, even Polnareff's very involvement was fucking shit. A character from a previous part appears in the final chapters with no foreshadowing beforehand delivering an all-powerful powerup that everything turns out to hinge on (again, with no foreshadowing beforehand), and the stand that they have to deal with is a sentient independent soul-swapping soul-powering-up soul-controlling abomination that puts everyone to sleep and gradually starts turning them into interdimensional demons and can only be killed by physically destroying the light of your soul which is a physical lantern that hangs behind your head and no-one has seen, interacted-with or talked about before or since. It's just bad.

>You'll be a skeleton by the time Doppio vs Risotto gets animated

Fun characters, some interesting fights, a lot of stupid, silly moments that can make you smile. Its a good series, but it has its flaws. Don't overhype yourself or you will be disappoined, just enjoy it for the ride it is. Fights get a lot more creative once stands are introduced (part 3).

And if you don't like it, its not for everybody, so just move on with your life.

Menacing.

Part 1 is not bad, but slow in the middle
Part 2 is fabulous
Part 3 has the wrost pacing
Part 4 is not ideal but pretty fun

And if you decide to read manga, Part 6 and 7 are amazing.

Still better than the entirety of Part 6.

I dunno, I'd say that 4 is definitely better than 2. And 5 is really legit too, even if it falls apart at the end.

Why does Polnareff not being foreshadowed matter? He wasn't relevant to the story until that point, and it isn't very easy to foreshadow a person who is hiding from an immensely powerful gang who thinks he's dead.
The Arrows granting things other than Stands isn't a new concept (happened in Part 4), so it makes sense that the complete Beetle Arrow could grant abilities far stronger than the other Incomplete Arrows. The most you could argue is that a "complete" arrow existing is a bit out of nowhere, but it isn't like the entire Arc couldn't be accomplished with a regular arrow and a little rewriting.
I don't even understand your criticism of the Stand itself. You're criticizing a Stand for doing Stand things. It's on the weirder side, sure, but it doesn't break any rules. As for the lantern thing, it's just the gimmick that defeats it. Saying that it's bad because nobody talks about it afterwards is like saying Civil War is bad because nobody ever talks about the "sins" thing afterwards.

No it isn't. And that's a terrible excuse even if it was true.

It is true.

>Part 4 as I am reading it, I don’t like it as much as Part 3 because it has the same monster of the week formula, but no centralized plot like Part 3 does and some parts of it feel just like fucking filler.

I think everyone has this same complaint when they are reading it, it does feel unfocused but you'll love it by the end of it and realize that comfy feeling of slice of life coming to you. It really is a great part but it really does tie itself up when its about to end which kind of makes or breaks it for most people.

Don't give them (you)s, it's all they want.

It was bad writing that didn't remotely fit in with the rest of the part, and didn't let any of the characters involve shine their brightest. The only one who got close was Buccellati, and even he was notably pretty useless until the last few seconds where he revealed he'd discovered the same gimmick as Diavolo.

And as for it being 'a stand doing stand things', absolutely not. The soul-light bullshit had nothing to do with the stand itself - Silver Chariot Requiem didn't create those things, they were apparently always there. And Civil War handled the whole thing better, establishing the sins from the start, and the solution for being absolved of them making sense.

JJCA has switched from uploading a "second physical" release to the tankoubons (volume) release.
They'll be backtracking to the older volumes as time goes on.

>JJL Vol 15 Tankoubon (Chapters 59-62)
bato.to/reader#556264e51025d987

Part 7,1, and 6 are the best parts fight me

Remove 1 and 6 then you're good.

>hating on part 1
Jonathon and his alternate universe counterpart are A CUTE

>Jonathon

I'd replace 1 with 4. Depending on how 8 goes it might deserve to be up there too, it's had a bad last year but it'll probably be ok to read as part of an archive.

this reminds me, was it ever explained how josuke traveled to the past to save himself and gave himself that haircut?

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

AWAKEN
MY
MASTERS

The openings get me so pumped

>2.93 MB

Bump

underrated pic

gay shit

Jotaro is boring

Is the SC English dub any good?

That was just how koichi imagined him

I don't mind animeonlys, but how can they genuinely say that part 2 is the best when part 4 fucking eclipses it? Is it a power fantasy thing? Do people want to be like Joseph? Is it le funny maymays?

No.

I think part 4 just has too much villain of the week for some people

Can someone explain what the issue with that is? With most of the fights they were still getting shit done and moving the overarching plot along. And most of the minor villians had enough charisma or an interesting enough gimmick to be interesting even if the plot was stagnating.

Part 4 is better than 2 in manga form, but not in the Anime. The anime adaptation didn't nearly live up to any expectation, it deserved way better.

Some people just don't like villian of the week in general

it's not a big problem, but it made it feel like the show only really started with Kira's introduction around the halfway point
also many people were disappointed with the artstyle shift

anyway I liked the part 2 anime more myself, but I'd say it's personal preference
at least we can all agree they're both better than part 3 because of pacing

Here's a clip:
youtu.be/sjy-4TnrI_c
I couldn't watch it last Saturday but judging from this clip, ZZ was shit. What I wanted to hear the most was Jotaro's scream when he's in flames to see how it compares to the original. I haven't seen that part yet.
Oh, and apparently they took out the "end of part 3" line, how shitty. Just when the dub was starting to take off.

It wasn't Josugay. It was a random stranger with a heart of gold.

Like this one?

>3.02 MB

Something bizarre