Have you accepted Yuya Takahashi as your personal lord and savior?

Have you accepted Yuya Takahashi as your personal lord and savior?

imgur.com/a/bWou1

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/4307/animated-debris-dragon_ball_series-dragon_ball_z-d
youtube.com/watch?v=AwNTFCDWgHA
youtu.be/CcvULBqSZGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i was amazed at quality in this episode, WHAT HAPPEN!?

the episode looked good but why waste it like that on the fight before they even fused? i don't remember 2 episodes in a row looking good before, not even the 1 hour special.

They shouldn't have spent quality animation on trash

>Have you accepted Yuya Takahashi as your personal lord and savior?
Yes. This is how Goku should look every time shit gets real.

He even made Red look cool for the first time

Though I'm not complaining about the quality of the episode, I wish there were more body shots rather than most of the shots all focusing on their faces.
SSG looked really kickass though.

Anyone have that virgin cuck isya vs. chad king Takahashi from the other thread yesterday?

I guess we can have nice things sometimes

>even Cabba looks fucking good thanks to Takahashi

/our guy/

top: 5 million dollar movie
bottom: filler episode in cash in arc

wew

But the top is Super

What else has he worked on?

>couple of very well detailed stills
>people rejoice
This is incredibly sad

It's just reused gifs and 2-3 second still images. People are just happy the still shaky frames aren't going on for 10 second.

>couple of very well detailed stills
Still a mayor improvement compared to the early days of Super. The beginning of the series was literally unwatchable and now at least we have a far better artstyle.

Good god...

It's still blurry as hell. I know they're trying to go for the old hand-painted look while still using computers, but it just looks bad.

what was the name of the guy who does jiggly fight animation? I hate that guys work (he did goku ssb and gold frieza cross counter punching each other)

Shida?

I thought Goku absorbed that form, how does it keep coming back

He probably gets paid the same whether he works on DBS or other shows so it's not a waste from the production's perspective. Do you seriously think talent and hard work is rewarded? We're just lucky to get him any episode.

Saiyan beyond god was retconned in Super.

I don't know why people like this One Piece retard. His style is not fit for Dragon Ball and he should've never been allowed to work on it. I unironically think all the Super scenes by him that people praise such as from Zamasu arc are unironically shit due to the fact it's animated like One Piss and not DBZ.

DBS is such fucking shit

Shida has worked on Dragon ball for decades. Admittedly his style has changed compared to his early work.

So why is he barely showing up now? Did Toei save up enough money to afford his rates or what?

That would be my guess, most of the animators working on Super until recently have been newbies with the exception of a few like Shida. I find it interesting how they brought back that Z aesthetic.

What the fuck are you on? Super is a mixed bag of DB/Z/GT animators and new blood to the series since the very beginning. There's little newbies, maybe less than 10 that work on the whole show if you don't ignore Toei Animation Philipines (credits always list the studio but not the animators, so there's no way to know if the animators are veterans or newbies).
The beginning of Super looking like shit is because poor planning and scheduling.

No, it's just Super had very little preproduction so even though many of the animators are people with years of experience either working on dragon ball or other shows if they aren't given enough time the quality of the art or animation suffers.
Also another factor comes down to Yamamuro's character sheets for modern dragon ball. With episode 113 and the brief ss3 being closer to the Z character sheet than whats used in Super.
Takahashi is also a freelance animator so we'll see if he sticks with Super or only shows up every so often.

choose

left of course

>eyebrow is a nearly straight line
Ugh.

left obviously, you'd have to have an iq of like 20 to pick right

Left is better, HOWEVER there's a case to be made for the right one, it's simpler and it helps for the schedule and things like that. I'm sure some other Sup Forumsnon can explain it better.

The problem with Yamamuro's character sheets is that they aren't committing to going softer/simplified design for the sake of fluidity. More or less it's in this awkward middle ground.

Neither. I need more of those arched eyes.

>SSG looking old
he should look young and lean though

holy shit thanks for the laugh

So is red better than blue then?

No, it drains less Ki and is about equally fast but weaker.

>and is about equally fast
No. It is inferior in every way.

>5 million dollar movie with Fuji TV logo and clock

I didn't understand Caulifla posters until now.

Takahashi saved DB.

Explain? I'm confused about SSG and SS Blue

I'd still rather have Mr Jiggles than the usual Toei One Piece style of 5 frames of looped animation and long still shots.

Cool, now all he needs to do is go back to the beginning and fix the rest of Supers animation.

while I can understand that I just dont care, I want supreme animation to happen. I would be alright with a monthly 1 hour episode released instead inorder to give them more time

SSG Goku was pretty swag in that episode.

What are the most visually impressive episodes of Dragon Ball Super?

it was at first implied that goku absorbed nearly all the power of super saiyan god, and that all of his forms including base had been permanently buffed by god ki, with super saiyan god super saiyan being a new transformation he developed with whis to use god ki better than his other forms.
but this got quickly reconnected away. Goku's regular super saiyan forms are the same as they always was. Goku has a resovoir of god ki inside him. when he opens that reservoir, he turns into a super saiyan god and when he goes super saiyan while that reservoir is open, he turns super saiyan blue. he can also do both actions at once to jump straight into blue.

yuya takahashi happened.
the fault was never the korean slave animators, or not enough budget. it was always sloppy keyframes. we know that now

The special was probably the best in terms of overall visuals.

vegetto vs fused zamasu, goku vs jiren, and last week

Stuff like this is better. But his new stuff has so much wasted movement.

>vegetto vs fused zamasu
that was literally just one single scene
might as well talk about SSB Kaiokenx20 too even though it was also a single scene.

The most recent Golden Freeza vs Goku
The two special episodes
This episode

Leave it to spics to compliment mediocre animation from Toei as 'good' and 'saving dragon ball'. What should be the standard is instead scraps thrown to mexican dogs.

you're right, I should have mentioned KKB Goku vs Hit

SS2 is best form

agreed

Reminder this is also Shida.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/4307/animated-debris-dragon_ball_series-dragon_ball_z-d

Lets make a list of DBS episodes with legit good art/animation:
Episode 1 and 2: Everything looked clean and in model.
Episode 11: First time a fight scene did not look like shit, the punches had some weight in them.
Episode 14: Not that well drawn but this part is great youtube.com/watch?v=AwNTFCDWgHA
Episode 16: I wish DBS had this style every episode.
Episode 39: It has SSBKK moment, not that well drawn overall.
Episode 57: Action was great this episode.
Episode 66: Vegetto episode.
Episode 94 and 95: Freeza vs assasins.
Episode 104: Goku and Hit team up
Episode 107: Vegeta and Roshi vs Frost
Episode 109 and 110: One hour special
Episode 114

This looks like an amateur flash animation with all the repeated movement and bodyparts moving while the rest being static.

>tfw Yuya Takahashi would post his DBZ sketches on twitter to show he was prepping to help animate a new episode
>tfw he's a freelance artist so there's no guarantee that we'll see more of him

>tfw he's a freelance artist so there's no guarantee that we'll see more of him

youtu.be/CcvULBqSZGk

He's worked on the series before, but his art was so heavily corrected by Yamamuro that you can't tell its him. Some of his style slipped through Yamamuro's corrections in that Future Trunks special though.

Toei better get him under contract because A-1 try to get him for Fairy Tail Final Arc(probably to animate Erza vs Irene).

The guy that save Kamen Rider

Also in addition to whats been said Black vs enraged Goku and Goku vs Hit were also pretty good.

Have they started drawing vegeta like he was in the Buu saga or is he still a manlet twink?

Yes, can't wait for him to disappear for 70ish episodes now because Toei would need to pay him more than the average animation slave.

have you accepted that dragon ball super is garbage?

>What should be the standard
>For Toei
Look man, Toei has like something of 6 or 7 different productions going on at once and they've been like this since the 70s. If they didn't have all their other shows and put all that money into DB, every episode would look like or close to a Takahashi episode. They have some of the most talented animators in the industry

This looks like a Homestuck flash animation

okay fine, it's about equally fast in the manga not the anime. it was used specifically for that reason against Hit in universe 6/7 tournament arc, or am I misremembering?

Hmm, I'm not sure that absorbing into base was retconned, rather I think they're being inconsistent about it. We see base Goku do crazy shit, but yes we also see him use SSG on top somehow.

Absolutely

>moving like those inflatable buddies you see at convenience stores
>good