Reminder that the gold standard is bullshit...

Reminder that the gold standard is bullshit. Anyone who believes in it doesn't understand economics or the purpose of currency.

Attached: GoldStandard.jpg (768x590, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jew detected

Attached: 1977.jpg (321x340, 34K)

Fiat literally has no intrinsic value, it's worth is purely arbitrary.

sage, inb4 ban

Currency only serves as a medium of exchange and isn't meant to be a vessel of wealth.

Gold standard can't really handle rapidly increasing levels of global trade. Especially if you're using gold for small everyday transactions within your country.

That said you should definitely have some gold and silver in your possession for the coming currency collapse.

A firearm would have a better ROI in the case of economic collapse.

>currency isn't supposed to be worth anything, you're just supposed to be able to trade it for resources

Attached: 1516430431208.png (177x177, 22K)

yup.

OP IS A JEW

youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew

Obviously you should have that, too. As well as some water in portable containers, spare gas for your vehicles, and so on and so forth. I shouldn't need to explain to you everything you'll need for a proper bugout bag.

You all do have an exit strategy, right?

Attached: maxresdefaultCAA1LK2W.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Gold is money. Currency is a note that says it's worth money. What are you talking about?

Attached: 1503848048335.png (439x290, 44K)

Time for Jew gold joke.
I can't believe I posted this.

Attached: Jew_Gold.jpg (193x264, 10K)

I'm already living my exit strategy. I've got 40 acres with lots of forest, surrounded by Amish. If the world goes down, I will be able to survive no matter what. Got a massive vegetable garden, maple trees, and an orchard as well. River runs through the property for fish too. Plenty of venison and turkey in this area.

>gold isn't good goy!
saged and reported

Attached: Sage.jpg (472x310, 30K)

sage isn't a downvote.

You're living the dream man. I'm going to do the same in a few years once I've got enough money saved up.

>trying to escape the (((central banking system))) makes you a r*dditor

>

>Fiat literally has no intrinsic value

WRONG.

There is a demand created by Autistic women.

prove me wrong.

This. Gold is retarded, buy bitcoin and ride the wave of the future.

Please, either stop spamming, stop making awful music, or kys.
Preferably all three.

Attached: heheh.png (343x400, 66K)

Headed in this direction as well. Have yet to decide between Washington and Idaho though.

As for the gold argument, it's worth noting that since discovery it has always had value as a commodity for trade. Sure, maybe I wouldn't take it, but the fact that somebody else will gives it value because value by it's very nature is subjective.

Bitcoin isn't even the best crypto stupid goy

Anyways, I'm sad that you dumbasses have fallen for Keynesian propaganda to be willing recipients of anal rape at the hands of banks and government inflating away the value of your currency.

Both the Gold Standard and Fiat Currency are retarded in the modern era.
In the case of an economic collapse, gold will eventually be nice to have, but until things stabilize again you're going to want alcohol and bullets for your trading purposes.

>In the case of an economic collapse, gold will eventually be nice to have, but until things stabilize again you're going to want alcohol and bullets for your trading purposes.

It's amazing to me that people are this retarded. Name any instance of recent hyperinflation where alcohol and bullets became the primary means of trading?

You can't, because it doesn't happen you retarded faggot. Maybe in Africa, but not even in Venezuela which was a 3rd world shithole infested with browns.

I will concede that alcohol being traded is far more likely than bullets.

Both of them are worth more than gold in the case of an economic collapse.

Day of the rake needs to come soon

austrian "economics" is horseshit, only dumb teenagers fall for their investor scams

Attached: 1515849393927.jpg (800x732, 65K)

print more fiat for the drugwars

Attached: GET IN JEW.webm (650x364, 650K)

>the gold standard is bullshit.
look at this dude ha ha ha ha! No no no no Tha ha ha ha ha look at the top of his head HA HA HA HA HA

- In All Fields

I was wondering how long it would take before the Jews started Larping about the gold standard. Goodbye Fed organized crime syndicate.

Attached: 1517379069916.jpg (1066x1311, 675K)

You are fucking retarded. By weight? or at what quantity?

>Investor Scams

What?

Without a fixed rate of exchange to some tangible asset, a currency can be hyperinflated into oblivion which is exactly what is happening. No currency is currently backed by anything, which means central banks are free to print as much money and pump it into the stock market as they please. Now only major economies can get away with this, smaller central banks would be punished on the FOREX market. But it is happening. Every major central bank is printing as much money as they can. None of it is entering the real economy, and we're going to be stuck in a situation where we have zero interest rates and incredible stagflation. All of this is a result of not having currencies backed by a government promise to convert those notes into a hard asset at a fixed rate of exchange. Just look at the plummeting purchasing power of the dollar and tell me I'm wrong. We only don't notice it because every other major currency is doing the same thing so central banks are inflating the money supply by the same amounts and the exchange rates stay relatively the same.

You're obviously a ((( FED ))) shill, OP. But I thought I'd counter your dumb post in the hopes some non-shills will read this. Cheap and easy money is the most corrosive thing to a properly functioning economy imaginable. The debasement of the dollar has been going on for over 100 years now. And it's all about to catch up with us.

Attached: 20150921_fed1.png (804x406, 25K)

I have stockpiles of building materials, construction equipment, oil, etc.

>Reminder that the gold standard is bullshit. Anyone who believes in it doesn't understand economics or the purpose of currency

Attached: least intelligent comment.png (1190x906, 178K)

Question: Do (((plutocrats))) hoard gold, and if so, if there’s a real happening, won’t (((they))) already have enough to make whatever we save nearly worthless.

People aren't going to want gold when they're starving.
People aren't going to want gold when they want to drown their sorrows in alcohol.
People aren't going to want gold when they need wood or steel to build shit to stay alive.
In the event of an economic collapse, gold is not going to be the thing you trade. Alcohol and bullets will serve you better until things stabilize, this is assuming you aren't outright bartering.

Attached: jew.webm (720x404, 451K)

The Gold Standard isn't bullshit, it's the standard that society would actually choose if given the liberty to. However, the government has removed the ability for individuals to use a currency of their choosing. Instead, forcing others to abide by a Fiat currency system--by making U.S dollars the only accepted currency to pay taxes--which the global bankers can print money to fund various government and banking operations. Moving the money into their pockets. All the while, the rapid inflation destroys the savings of the working class Joe. Those savings transferred to a little intellectual elite at the top of the bullshit system they force on the masses.

Name one time where this has happened in recent history.

I asked you this before, but you won't because you can't. People just find an alternate means of exchange. Usually another currency. That could be gold, but usually it's just another foreign currency, or even bitcoin right now.

Bad goyim

Attached: 1505165207457.jpg (192x262, 11K)

All value is extrinsic, retard.

What? Explain this to me please.

>bullets will serve you better until things stabilize

/this

I am pretty sure next big crisis we will don't give a fuck about gold or coins or whatever currency. You don't survive with gold or some papers.

weird that it worked for all of human history up until 1964.

Can I come user? Sounds comfy. I can be your farmfu

Attached: 1521138233311.png (720x398, 323K)

This is the argument every single pseudo-intellectual makes. Yet, they can't cite a single case where this was the case in a hyperinflation western country, or even 2nd world country.

Attached: 15400344_1533373683356198_4388763305998227147_n.jpg (649x960, 21K)

check world debt clock, if wasn't any precedent before does not means it can't happen.

I have 120oz of silver, 2oz gold, 3oz platinum, 1oz palladium and about 4000oz of lead.

Attached: 1519726164417.jpg (1424x2048, 590K)

>this
KANGS need pussy covered in gold and NASA needs gold plating. discuss.

Nothing has inherent value.

gold is rare and easy to melt
I do understand the principle of rarity and utility.

Thanks just bought 100oz

and thats where youre wrong

We do not live in a barter and trade society. For something to be used as money, it must meet eight criteria:
>It must be easily portable
>It must be easily divisible
>It must durable
>It must be generally accepted
>It must be scarce
>It must be easily recognizable
>It must be stable / hold it's value
>It must not be easy to counterfeit

After an economic collapse, paper currency is worth only as much as the paper it's printed on. While gold consistently maintains value.