YOU GOTTA LAY BACK
relaxyourtoneandmakesureyouain'tlosin'focusbecomingtheopusfornowtakeabreather

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1UZf-aqc0
youtube.com/watch?v=6wzXxTQeq58
youtube.com/watch?v=y37D0BvACv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1UZf-aqc0

and now, everyone post your favorite sword and why.
for me it was zetto kanna, I love the design
favorite episode was definitely hakari though

Why is everyone so mad that he lets her follow him around? Do they think it means she won the shichikabowl?

youtube.com/watch?v=6wzXxTQeq58

youtube.com/watch?v=y37D0BvACv0

When you know shit will go down

Biyorigou, my dude. It's a fucking four armed sword fighting robot.

Nokogiri was my favorite, also one of my favorite girls outside of Nanami was Meisei

I think thats what they are assuming but nothing romantic is implied in the ending.

The opposite, really. He acts like she's bothersome but lets her tag around anyway. He just wants to make his damn map.

You mean he wants to make togames map

Kyoutou Yasuri
I was in love with Kyoutouryu from the very start with the opening lines about an ultimate way of the sword that uses no sword. All the background stuff with it being the culmination of how to make the best sword by forging a sociopathic killing machine is neat.

I avoided threads about this because spoilers even though I knew what was going to hapen but I REALLY was hoping I was wrong

also while I came to know what the deal with her eye was, did I just miss where they explained the deal with bird man and Emonzaemon?

Birdman stole Emonzaemon's face over a 150 years ago in a ninja battle and killed all of his comrades, which id why Emonzaemon went out of his way to kill the remaining Maniwa ninja and why he had no qualms killing penguin boy even though he was just a child. They explained it in episode 10 or 11 when they faced off.

I'll have to rewatch it then. I know it talks about them knowing eachother.

I can't believe there are people who still think Togame genuinely loved Shichika when she made it very clear that revenge was her entire reason for living and even used her little speech at the end to manipulate Shichika into finishing out her revenge for her. I'm glad she died because she was genuinely going to kill Shichika afterwards, even though part of me feels like Shichika would have accepted his death by her hands anyway.

She genuinely loved him, but her revenge ws more important.

CHEERIO!

Or was she so obvious about using her last words to manipulate him toward completing her revenge in order to manipulate him to abandon her revenge and live for himself?
>she was genuinely going to kill Shichika afterwards
While we can assume that was her original intent, her final will is unclear. She is capable of changing, as was demonstrated by the sage episode.

If killing him for her revenge takes precedence then I doubt she really loved him more than a simple companion. It's very plausible that she has some feelings of kinship with him but I just believe it's more in line with her manipulative character that she saw Shichika simply as a tool and used her charm and cuteness as an act since he has the mind of a little boy. She was meant to ruse the audience with her personality as well, I think that's what Nisio wanted to achieve with her character and he did really well by making her true colors very subtle.

I thought it was obvious that she tricked the Sage into thinking she had given up her revenge. Shichika would live as a reminder of her hatred, there is no way she would have let him live.

the whole point of the shogi thing is that she had those feelings but couldn't bring herself to stop manipulating everything in her life towards her revenge to the point that she was even playing herself. She developed those feelings by the end even through all of the manipulations but ended up just using those because she was caught up with her "self consuming legacy" which isn't that what the snake was meant to imply?

I don't believe she would have killed him, you can't just assume people will do something then arrest them for it when they haven't done it what kind of fucking backwards logic do you live by

You don't know she wouldn't have killed him and you're assuming she wouldn't. I don't know she would have killed him but I am assuming she would have. How are you going to say my logic is backwards when we're using the same logic in that we're extrapolating what she will do based on what we know about her personality and history.

>there is no way she would have let him live.
It's not really possible to use her final words as proof of anything. As soon as she admits to having lied about everything and using her own feelings as pawns, it has to be considered that the admission itself is a lie. It's reasonable enough to assume that her plan really was to kill him in the beginning, but her plans in the end are suspect. After all, was revenge really her only motivation? If that was the case, she could have set Shichika against the Shogun without even bothering to finish the sword collection. Once Sabi had been taken down (but before realizing that Nanami was a monster), there was no one who could put up a fight against Shichika.

I think it makes more sense to view Togame as being caught between revenge and personal ambition. If she had given up on revenge entirely, she would have survived the sword plot (like the other characters who had given up their attachments to the past: Hitei and Shichika). By going through with the collection, it seems she really was trying to create a reputation for herself even if she would have to tarnish it by having Shichika kill the Shogun. In that case, completing her father's dream of a revolution is a bit beyond revenge. Continuing to humanize Shichika even after Nanami tells her that he's strongest as a weapon if he's kept inhuman also doesn't make sense if her only goal is revenge. A perfectly trained Shichika would have committed suicide at her order following the slaughter of the Shogun. However, her death clearly shows that she couldn't move beyond her desire for revenge entirely. This is because it is the characters with attachments who are killed throughout the series as well as that it is the discovery of her identity (her past) which forces Emonzaemon to kill her.

I still wish the prequel novel will be translated.

Man with a sword for a head, Nanami fighting Sabi Hakuhei's mother (who also was an awoken Deviant blade), Shichika/Nanami's father with his seven bodies all sound so amazing.

that sounds pretty intense honestly. how did katanagatari do anyways? it seemed to be a pretty big production.

Or give it an anime adaption. I would have preferred that over Chuuni Taisen.