JoJo

What's the appeal?
Why does Gyro act more like the protagonist than Johnny?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/163551174/#163596038
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Araki is an ableist

Jotaro is the best jojo. Bye

This but unironically.

I literally just finished reading part 7 and was going to make a thread for it, it was marvelous, being completely honest, part 6 and 7 are the best I've read yet, but its mostly because they build up on everything that the other parts have already presented before, and although 7 really tries to stray away from this, it won't let go of the past, not that it's a bad thing at all though.

>Introduced first
>Then araki changed his mind and turned him into Johnny's master and guide
>Is the moral compass for most of the arc
>As johnny's arc is the journey to grow and be a better person he got a second place in terms of leading the story
Also he got the charisma while johnny is the rude guy who's hungry for his goal

Finally, someone else who loves Part 6.

>Gyro
Is that a Hunter x Hunter's reference?

the setting, the characters (foo fighters best girl), even the villains, and how araki introduces the concept of gravity, also, I love jotaro being a jobber, jolyne best jojo

Foo Fighters is such a noble pile of plankton, I love her too. Part 6 was truly unique. Although not my favorite, it's definitely high up there.

Jolyne is indeed best JoJo

>In the end she didn'g get the chocolate
In the end id didn't even matter

My headcanon is that the first thing Irene eats after the universe is reset is chocolate

Hot Pants best girl!

She is perfect!
I want her to give herself a dick and fuck me with it very aggressively!

same

I want her to give herself a 2-ft dick and fuck me senseless with it

How come the art of Part 7 is better than Part 8?

Araki is getting older and he can't draw that much anymore, so his assistants do more work than before and there are things that look like photoshop edits

I too am a fan of 6

You have good taste.

SBRfags are unironically the worst fans.

>the setting
You've never been to Florida.

As a part 5 fan, part 5 fans are the worst

Nope. We part6fags truly are the worst.

Wrong, part 2 fags (especially anime-onlys) are the worst.

I want Hot Pants to steal my dick and use it as her own so that she can make me suck it!

>when part 2 fans exist

Will Part 8 be the final Jojo part? Or will Araki push through to Part 9?

I think he's gonna make Part 9 to make it a trilogy.

I want to protect Jotaro's smile

Holy shit I came, thanks

Part 7 has the best bro-jo dynamic. Prove me wrong.

>Jonathan and Speedwagon

>Josuke and Okuyasu

>Joseph and Caesar

>Introduced first
That was Sandman.

Jotaro is fun to take the piss out of but I still like him even though he isn't my favourite, even in part 3.

Literally who?
his name is Soundman, you white man

JoJolionfags are the absolute worst.

>implying they exist

good, a jojo thread

i hate part 4. weakest in the series, most anticlimactic ending, the main jojo didn't even get to finish off the villain, and some of the worst stand fights across the series.

I agree with you, but I really like the vibe of Part 4 so I can't exactly hate it.

The manga is a really fun read, but the adaptation sucked a lot of the vibrant energy it had imo

>Jonathan & Caesar
ftfy

Not to mention all the changes as well, for better or for worse.

No, I'm pretty sure I spelled Joseph right.

a lot of the people that like part 4 use the "like the vibes" thing. i hated the vibes (or lack thereof). only vibes it carries for me is the "doing fucking nothing" vibes. the only thing i liked about part 4 was the characters on their own. awful story, but i could get behind the characters.

I guess you're not big into slice-of-life then?

on the contrary, i have seen more moe SoL shows than you have

Anyone have the link to the video of that part 6 pucci meme where its got running in the 90s playing in the background

I guess you just think Part 4 is boring then? I thought it was really comfy and a nice change of pace from the action-packed Part 3.

He means SBR ones
Johnny real name is Jonathan Joestar & Gyro real name is Caesar

I know that.

I LOVE KIRA

Me too!!

Nice!

How could he be so handsome?

I don't know! Araki has blessed him!

Its like the artist dropped all pretenses and just made a blonde Patrick Bateman

It does help that Araki based him around one of the most handsome men to ever live

Bowie is great.

someone caught up on the manga explain to me why the fuck the old baby dude's stand 「ozone baby」is a fucking LEGO set

Araki browses the threads and picked it from the mosiac.

the manga pic for reference

did anybody else catch this? araki fancy himself some LEGOs? that nigga into bionicles too?

what?

Come on user
It's basically common knowledge that Araki comes to these threads looking for new ideas, how else would you justify the doctor ?

>did anybody else catch this?
Yes, we (the thread) caught it when the chapter came out. Check the archives if you want.

>what?
Araki browses these threads; he stole ideas from the Sup Forums mosaic of DIOs World.

Proof, or are you just memeing?
Cause that'd be cool if so.

>Proof, or are you just memeing?
Could be both, but it's just a 'coincidence'.
This part of the mosaic came before the actual chapter.

Here is the thread of an user calling out the lego white before the actual release of the chapter.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/163551174/#163596038

Why are people so obsessed with "muh jojo isn't the most important person in the part" argument. Every part has more than one main character, you know?

Gyro is zealous and consistently competent.
Johnny is somber and would've been a semi-jobber if he didn't get a convenient power up 4 times.
The charismatic types tend to stick out more for most people.
But now that you got me thinking, Araki really nailed there characterization.
Johnny has the right amount of somber in his personality that you don't even notice it until you think about it.
Not to mention the chemistry between him and Gyro.

21ST

Funny Valentine is the best villain, because he doesn't feel like one.

1: The Seccolata/Urbantido thing actually started in June. Fireden is being a bitch but the post number is 158643755 and the thread before the storytime. I also mention about Seccolata not getting a deathbox. (Which Urban did end up getting.)
2: Urban talking about Lego comes from fanfiction whee I like to have Secco own Lego because of both Secco-fans I've met being autistic. Including the Secco_plushie poster

Anyway speaking of Urban/Doremi. I swear to god, Cirno having the "tan" "washed off" with water was a joke. Considering Doremy made it to the fighting game too. Will we see a loli Urban at one point?
I agree, I never thought Johnny came across as too whiny but much more understandable the way he is. On the flipside, Gyro never became grating or too perfect with the Spin.
I think to me, it's why I love the Sugar Mountain/Eleven Men arc because it starts pulling them much closer personality wise. They've both actively had to learn from each other to solve the situation. It's that right mix of bizarre and seriousness that I do like Jojo for.

Caesar isn't even the brojo in part 2. Stroheim is.

With how things are going I'm convinced David Productions is animated all of Part 5 before it airs and will only be airing the BD versions.

That... actually sounds much better, considering DiU.

I want to break Jotaro's smile

Gay.

Gyro's name comes from "Gyroball", a baseball pitch where the ball is thrown with a spiral-like spin.

Fun fact: the word "Gyro" resembles the Italian word "Giro" that means "to spin".

Cool!

Very

Has Araki ever talked about being into baseball? He's made constant references too it, there's a Gap at Sendai's stadium, and D.N.A. has Rohan listening/following a baseball team.
I know it's popular in Japan but I wonder if it extends too more than just that.
That's not Jotaro drowning though.

Kakyoin's smile is too precious.
I want to protect it and break it alternately

This.

>spoiler
Don't.

Don't worry. That pixiv log was deleted and I don't think anybody saved it outside of the Kakyoin piece.

Thank fuck
>tfw I saw the whole log but didn't save anything in from it

There's no need to pick favorites. JoJo can be considered a whole. If you love the series, just say you love all of it. Even if there's flaws or times you found it weird doesn't mean the series loses its charm. Reading all the parts, Araki never ever loses his passion. It's all so pure and earnest in the way he portrays his stories. As a whole, Araki never stops trying to impress people with his work.

Nani the fuck?

>le random rape attempt

>le obligatory "he did it because of Jesus" response

This. I can't pick a fav because they're all really good.

That picture and filename combo makes me uncomfortable.

>I can't pick a favourite
Come on now, I'm sure there's one part you like at least a bit more for whatever reason.

Okay, I have to admit I like Stardust Crusaders the most,
but I can't pick a *least* favorite.

I used to say that Part 5 is my least favourite, but things have changed and now I feel the same, can't really pick a least favourite because I decided to re-read Vento Aureo and it was definitely better than I first thought.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Battle Tendency. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of stone masks and the ripple most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Kars’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from conquering the sun as the ultimate life form, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Battle Tendency truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Joseph’s existential catchphrase “Nigerundaiyo,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Araki-sama’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Battle Tendency tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

FUCK

based hairposter

>I recognize that filesize
>Based Hairposter
>DELET THIS
>2.93 MB

I think I covered every possible response.