Has any anime even come close, before or since?

Has any anime even come close, before or since?

Yes because 25 & 26 > EoE

Not until August 18th, 2010.

I think they compliment each other, but 25 and 26 are garbage without the context of EoE

No, it's literally the peak of anime as an art form.

3.0 + 1.0 will come close, I trust the Maser.

I have no hope after the shitshow that was 3.33

>"the master"
>hasn't directed anything good since Kare Kano

Easily Madoka. This is common knowledge on Sup Forums user so you should probably lurk more before making threads.

In a just world, SHAFT would be shut down immediately and all its staff executed.

Why were the Rebuild films so garbage after the masterpiece that was EoE? Series went from an interesting story (Evangelion 7/10) to a fucking masterpiece (EoE 10/10) to generic mecha movies? (6/10)

Even Naruto was better than this pretentious bullshit.

F*ck off.

Anno realized that generic mecha action (with fujobait shoved in) sells more than compelling psychological thriller. Particularly pissed that my favorite character from NGE was so irrrelevant in the Rebuilds.

You clearly haven't watched his live action work.

Paranoia Agent
Royal Space Force
Wicked City
Trust & Betrayal
Berserk

Sakura is one of the shittiest character ever written from years, debate me Sup Forums

I'll never understand why this show is so overrated here.

Because Rebuilds are great products but for different reasons. Of course if you chose to watch a shojo, you can't say " well fuck this garbage, where are my dark time and thriller moments".
Anno said WAY before that project Rebuild will be for entertainment purpose, using the best animation and production that gainax can offer.
And this goes for every bits of entertainment out there, otherwise what's the point of producing garbage moeshit

None have surpassed it, but Trust and Betrayal, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Inferno Cop come closest.

great argument, as always Sup Forums is a wonderful place when it comes to communication, a bunch of disabled monkeys

Let's settle this. Asuka or Rei?

No, but that doesn't mean there aren't great, worthwhile anime. EoE is one of the greates works of art in general, so you could compare it not just to anime but all media and get similar results.

Ideon was such a waste of time. The only value I got from it in the end was seeing something that had an influence on Eva.

Madoka Rebellion is the End of Evangelion of our generation

End of Evangelion is our generation, it's less than 30 years old.

It's garbage so everything is better than it

Misato
Asuka
Shinji

>Misato
Spot on, she is my favorite.

Misato-san

Are you less than 30 years old, same age as last year?

The second Urusei Yatsura film is deeper then this edgy pile of shit.

Rebellion is a hamfisted sequel without substance

Okay Sup Forums I've been avoiding this series but I figure I'll finally get into it. Where's the best place to start? It's so confusing with all of the movies and retellings and what not.

watch the original series+EoE and then the rebuilds but keep in mind that the rebuilds are a sequel

I simply don't have time for Rumiko, esp if I got to watch 100+ episodes before the movie.

>this user again
fuck off

LOGH is leagues better you turbopleb, have you even seen any good anime?

I'm having a hard time getting past the first few episodes, is it really worth it?

Honestly i can't think of another anime that touched me so profoundly as Eva, it's not perfect but it just werks.

>Inferno Cop
Good taste, but Ninja Slayer was unironically the superior product.

It's a case of Quanitity vs Quality. Infernocop is quality in the sense of constantly fucking changing what it is

The episodes were he's a car really bogs down everything, just like how the crossover episodes (barring the IC one and maybe the KLK one) in Space Patrol Luluco bog down the whole anime.

no way,
Barring 25-26 and recaps episodes, it is the most solid anime there is.

It is like a cross section of a fistful of the most popular tropes sculpted into crazy shit only a mad scientist could cook up. But its beautiful and dark and angsty and edgy and it came out way before that was popular, like all the terrible shit that aired in the last few years.

Shame about the anime ending, but at least End OF Evangelion was an amazing conclusion.

Can't wait to see the new film ending, 3.0 was fucking nuts.

Don't bully Anno. Sure he probably can't tap into the magic of the original because he is rich, famous, and beloved now. But I don't think he consciously decided to take it that direction solely so it could appeal to the masses.

I just recently watched Shin Godzilla, it was fantastic. Compare it to the western versions (the most recent of which isn't even that bad) and youll see what 'selling out' really looks like. One film is a work of art that works on multiple levels. The other is an empty spectacle popcorn flick.

Anno is still the master. The rebuilds are just going to forever be shit in comparison to the original. They are okay on their own, but in the context of the original they feel shallow. Can you blame him? He is literally living the dream, happily married, legend status, richer than his wildest imagination. Of course the works reflect that aspect of his life. But something about the rebuilds just feels "wrong" for fans. Why? Because that is the point. It IS wrong. It's not the same Evangelion. Anno is not the same person.

So whats makes it all different from Lucas-tier levels of jewness?

FINAL is what makes the difference. I have full faith in Anno to tie it all up in a way that validates the Rebuilds as more than a cash grab. He will show that we were not watching the same characters and remind us that you cannot redo. You can only rebuild and attempt to come as close as possible. FINAL is that 'as close as possible'.

Sure, if you are cinematically illiterate and like simplistic one-note characters. Fuc

nope

Nope, Madoka is a masterpiece but very different type from the Evangelion; it focuses more on the time loop and friendship between girls, while Evangelion focuses on the Shinji and his depression and the fake relationships between human, try to discuss what are the real souls and happiness of mankind.

t. brainlet

Is this the pinnacle of threads? Will anything ever come close?