I love this shit. Is the manga worth reading?

No.

If you love the anime, you'll definitely love the manga considering it actually delves deeper into everyone's relationships and has a proper conclusion. Definitely give it a go from start to finish.

No
The manga is fucking trash

No
Anno is what made it good
The mangaka got butthurt that Anno actually made it better than the source

No, the manga is legitimately awful.

Believe it or not, this was one instance where Anno was 100% in the right.

shojoshit.

read it only to see the end of the story, skip the friends only chapters though

>"Shoujo"
>main character isn't really tall with sharp features, doesn't behave rapey to the girl

>doesn't behave rapey to the girl
He kind of does. She doesn't give a fuck about him until he threatens to blackmail her (empty threat or not) and begins using this newfound social leverage to get close to her.
Then suddenly he's dreamy.

>doesn't behave rapey to the girl
he flat out rapes her, what the fuck user

The manga has a lot of forced drama that ultimately leads nowhere and even fails at making you sympathetic towards the characters.
It's not shit. It's just an average shoujo manga. Whereas the anime is outstanding.

I can't be the only one who was bored shitless by Arima, right?

>he flat out rapes her
N A N I

Sort of happens in the manga. They talk it over afterwards though. People seem to either drop it at the library scene or just ignore the mutual understanding afterwards.

Eh, it's okay. Fairly melodramatic, but what shoujo manga isn't. If you wanted to know more about the other characters, it's worth a read I suppose. Anime was definitely better.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has a similar story (two smart kids become academic rivals), if you want something else to check out

>Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Natsume was best girl.

>rapey
Fuck off with this cancerous faggot word.

i think nge is a pretentious show with few good characters , should i watch this

The manga goes from a good romantic shoujo with drama and self-steem issues then the second half becomes all about Arima and it's just depressing chapter after depressing chapter about abuse and ptsd to the point it's unbearable to keep reading.

He isn't a pirate, vampire, vagrant or half-demon either.

Try Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata or Horimiya instead. Karekano turns into stupid drama later on.

found the rapey user

Close. But no cigar.

I watched lately this anime. I think at certain points the characters and their relationships changed too fast.
I mean, the main characters starts to date after 4 or 5 episodes, some episode were even kinda pointless to the plot.
I really hope the manga is better. Some themes were kinda good, but they dropped them quickly.