We Saw the First Three Episodes of Devilman: Crybaby

anime-now.com/entry/2017/11/06/230049

>Tex Avery cartoon full of nudity and violence
>Ryo discovers the existence of demons abroad, get home and enlists Akira in helping him to capture one (Nightclub scene)
>Ryo gets jealous over Miki (aka he's gay as fuck), and Miki over Ryo likewise
>Another girl who's on the same track team as Miki (Probably Miko), likes Akira, and jealous of her

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/takeuching/status/926079839181815809
twitter.com/KONFUNK/status/921282269418962945
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Moar liek Devilman: GAY

>Another girl who's on the same track team as Miki (Probably Miko), likes Akira, and jealous of her
I don't like OCs and harem hijinks. I know Miko exist on the manga but introducing her so early and making her into an Akira fangirl (she liked pre-merge Akira or post-merge Akira?) made her already an OC

I'm only putting this out there but I really don't know. She was there in the live action too.

>Watching the news or even overhearing real world tragedies is enough to bring him to tears (hence the title of the anime).

I can't say I have much trust in the writer of this article to understand what he is seeing.

>Tex Avery cartoon

God I knew meme director would fuck it up.

BRAVO YUASA

I don't remember much but she was just there. She was bullied and Miki took care of her I think. There was also that kid from the Amon OVA

I think the guy is just throwing the name around to make it seem like he knows what he is talking about to be honest. Reading the full article I wouldn't be surprised if he has never even read the manga.

I don't see how he fucked it up. This is pretty much what Devilman is; cartoony and gory

This. He's just saying it's cartoony, and if that's really the case, then Yuasa already nailed one aspect of the manga.

Thats what they said in the manga too so it makes sense. I mean people even reasoned that this is the reason the anime is called that way.

I knew that this is what they were trying to do. Sirene comes up in episode 5 so they had to ut some original stuff in beforehand cause that was way too late.
So Yuasa really meant it when he said that Devilman at its heart is about love and romance.

I was actually hoping that this was the case because her development was cut short in the manga and didnt get explored much. I thought they would develop her later on, but putting her in the beginning is great way to solve this too.

I wish we could get something from an actual trustworthy source rather than a literal ex-kotaku writer.

Why is it that they are the only publication that talks abut it? I wasnt even aware of anyone being shown the episodes. Was it a Netflix thing?

I have no idea. As far as I am aware there have been no public screenings of it. The event the other day from what I understand was just music and talk.

God cartoonshit is cancer. Fuck Yuasa

Anime=Cartoons Dont be weaboo.

>Yuasashit

Ping Pong proved what a hack he is. He failed to do anything except poorly animate the panels. It's pretty sad there is more feeling to the action in manga panels than animation.

Is Devilman Grimoire shit?

Not seeing anything written in Japanese about it on 2ch or any of the normal Japanese anime news sites. So maybe a Netflix thing? Anime now is owned by Bandai ultimately though so not sure.

I remember a Japanese tweet where the guy said he saw the first three episodes. If I can find it again, I'll link it.

Will watch for Ushio alone

>God cartoonshit is cancer
But Devilman is cartoony.

>Devilman at its heart is about love and romance.
Yeah, gay romance.

Ok I finally found one tweet mentioning preview of 1-3. I know I saw another one too. Give me a second.

twitter.com/takeuching/status/926079839181815809

There we go.

twitter.com/KONFUNK/status/921282269418962945

Yeah looks like there must have been some small screening somewhere. The people who went to Yuasa's event didn't see it though I think. There is no mention of it at all in the reports on places like yahoo. Maybe it was a Dynamic Pro thing considering the second guy saw the new Mazinger also?

Best romance, aint it?

Good job user. I cant read moon but it seems like he enjoyed it too. Though they talk a lot about eroticism and sex but I cant remember much of that apart from the clubbing scene and the monster designs.

Who knows but I know they're legit, given the first one I posted was retweeted by the official Devilman Crybaby twitter, and the other got retweeted by Dynamic Planning's official account and they all mention episode 1 to 3.

I was never saying it wasn't legitimate to begin with. Just that I don't particularly trust the review of a publication and writer of this calibre.

>Chinese cartoons aren't cartoons

You are one retarded fucking weeb, even more retarded than 99% of people who frequent here. Must be a crossboarder thing, so please go back to your original shithole.

I guess if this is kinda a Yuasa thread, the first 48 minutes of Night is Short, Walk on Girl have already been subbed by MaruChan. We may get it earlier than expected.

>Just that I don't particularly trust the review of a publication and writer of this calibre.
The content or his opinion? I don't think the information he gave us is inaccurate, because it seems to match with what the staff had to say about the anime. Now his opinion of the show is positive, take it or leave it.

Reading the review it seems to me his opinion isn't worth much when it comes to Devilman or Yuasa and his history as a writer and the website the review is published on do nothing to help that perception. The opinion expressed being positive or negative has nothing to do with that.

>it seems to me his opinion isn't worth much when it comes to Devilman or Yuasa
But I think his opinion is valuable in the sense that he's a complete outsider because he's the kind of guy who'll be watching it on Netflix when it comes out.

For example, Nagai's Mazinger Z Infinity movie was mostly a hit with the original fans and their reviews showed it, but they also admitted that it will leave a middling impression on people who don't know the IP at all.

Sure but I would much rather see what Ben Ettinger had to say about it than some random guy who doesn't seem to have read that manga throwing around references to Tex Avery.

Ettinger is just as likely to throw around references, even if he is more well-versed in animation.

To be fair, it has always been gay.

At least his references would be pertinent and informed.

It still great to hear some first impressions about the show even if the source is questionable. And from what they told us it sounds pretty good. The focus on the characters and their development will greatly enhance the climax of the story.

Satan cannot resist Japanese cock. This is known.

How are you so certain Tex Avery is not?

I'm getting a 'this guy has never read Devilman' vibe from the article.

You think?

>cling cling cling
No kidding, but I want to see this scene just for that one sound effect.

>Tex-Avery
>Gay characters
didn't those usually die in his cartoons?

So we got gay and semi incestous relationships in the first 3 episodes? Sounds great!

Which makes this opinion way more interesting as thats the majority of people who will come into contact with Crybaby in the west at least. It should stand on its own not pander to the fans.

That's not entirely correct.

What do you disagree with? Devilman is certainly not popular in the west so hearing opinions of people similar to that is certainly interesting. To me at least as they have no bias with the source material.

I disagree with
>It should stand on its own not pander to the fans.
Not all works are made for everyone.

Well, I want it to be great without having any knowledge of Devilman, which seems to be the case for now. As a fan of the source material I know I will probably like it either way. But its true not every work has to do that but in the case of Devilman its for the best.

Sometimes when you bend too far to appeal to the mainstream, you essentially dilute the work to the point of being unrecognisable.

Standing on its own and appealing to the mainstream are two totally different things.

What if she's Sirene? I mean Sirene merge with that girl and take over her conscience. Wouldn't be the first time Sirene merge with a human. Remember Sirene Tanjou Hen? Also Devilman Lady.

A work still stands on its own if a fan approves. Just saying.

I don't think approval has anything to do with it

It doesnt need to appeal to the mainstream. It should have all the crazy nipple twisting shit that Devilman is known for but it should still stand on its own.