Does anyone else really like Togashi's simplistic style for HxH?

Does anyone else really like Togashi's simplistic style for HxH?

I've always liked it

People give Togashi a lot of shit but he has a lot of range stylistically.

>A society full of mindless pigs

My dead joke

The entirety of this page is traced. The two girls are traced off a model too. I like Togashi but don't try to act like he's not a fucking lazy piece of shit.

That's easy to say without any evidence.

he's a pale guy

>15 HxH threads in archive
did we always have this much or is one guy shitposting?

It's true that I have no evidence, but in the past whenever a character ranged in the uncanny valley it usually meant one thing.

Those girls don't look like that though.

even if the lines are completely straight he still adds a bit of ink tremor in jaws and places like that

simplistic and tremory

Abilities like these makes me wonder if it could one shot the king.

I like it when he's not too lazy but I'm not a fan of most of his character design. The current arc has some pretty decent character design because it's not as over the top as previous arcs, at least for my taste.

Then you realise he wrote that guy out of the story because God's Accomplice + Scream would one shot everyone.

I really love his character designs. Hisoka's caught my attention immediately. All of the Phantom Troupe have very unique designs too.

Was it autism?

It's very enjoyable, I especially like some of the new stuff he has made tho such as bill.

I'm pretty sure that ability was introduced in the same chapter where he gets mindfucked

>November 6
>not even an announcement about HxH coming back in the next issues
>can safely say it won't come back for at least 2 or 3 more issues
>one month left before the end of the year
So where's the people that were 100% sure Togashi was going to keep his word and return before the end of the year? I told you so.

I find art with less shading and more panels are better than a well drawn panel with so much detail. I can't explain but here a comparison. PS I like both and am not falseflagging

Hell yeah. It made me realize you don't need a detailed artstyle to tell a good story. Plus, the sketchy look of HxH adds to its appeal.

Well to be fair this is supposed to be an emotional scene with an impact rather a simple fight

>crayon drawings in an """""intellectual""""" mango

O MY SIDES GONE

So? He's making a comic book not an artbook. The storytelling is what matters.

Lots of black and white contrast is aesthetically pleasing and nice on the eyes.

>The storytelling is what matters.

Visual medium
Show don't tell

What? are you seriously comparing show don't tell in a sense of drawn art?

no he's lazy as fuck don't make me pull out O MY RUBBER NEN page that shit is horrible and no one who takes that many Hiatuses should be that bad

Don't reply to him.
Another favorite page of mine.

Agreed, except for a couple of the princes i really like the new character designs. Also Oito is the best girl of the series and anyone who disagrees is an utter pleb.

>Lazy fuck for not wanting to be a slave to weekly manga' hellish schedule that takes huge chunks off your life while living with intense back pains

Yes. Nobody picks up a comic to read a novel; that's why Marvel has been shit the last 20 years. They've had some bald Jewish guy filling the pages with verbal diarrhea that take 30 word bubbles to contain.

You need to have a balance between art and story to make a work like this good. I could adapt shakespeare by putting excerpts over crayon blobs; that doesn't make it good.

I really like how flat and stylized everything is. I wish the anime would've mimicked it more.

I wish his drawing was a bit more realistic. He uses way too many childish facial expressions in my opinion. Extremely inconsistent.

These are fantastically paneled you gotta admit though

I love Togashi's paneling, the characters are contained within panels when there's not much going on, but when a character steals the focus by stating something important or by doing a cool or threatening pose they instantly break free from the panel and they cover a good portion of the page. Just look at Gotoh breaking free several times in this fight and how Hisoka gum thread goes through the entire page in the last part. Beautiful.

Another thing both series missed was Gon's stocky design in . I really like his large boots and both series downplay his design. Being an enhancer, it makes sense for him to look that way.

Togashi has over 10,000 pages of manga published and these are consistently the only few pics you ever see. I don't even count the bottom 4 faces because they look like some throwaway panels

Will he ever have his own arc?

Because those are the only ones that he actually traced over and the reason as to why both adaptations skipped that part.

The Magician is my favourite fighter in HxH.

comic books are a visual medium and thus artwork matters.
Writing still reigns supreme but good art can make or break weak series.

This usually doesn't happen with protagonists. But I like it when characters can be drawn in a goofy ass cartoon style and then a few panels later they're drawn in a more realistic style like pic related. Probably to show how unhinged and dangerous some characters are.

I hope this dude gets absolutely blown the fuck out, assuming he had no previous knowledge of nen

just the same what he wants to do to gon and killua, build them up then break them down. Creation for the sole purpose of destruction

I actually really like that he sometimes draws with his ass and sometimes he become japanese van Gogh.

>people hate this arc
I can't relate.

Meruem could keep up with a supersonic attack with an insane motion range. I highly doubt Knov could even touch the king let alone activate his hatsu

Yeah, I don't get how people dislike the arc. It was such a fun take on like the whole isekai shit and it had card games. It was "we're in an rpg" done right.

It's because he uses a nib and he makes quick strokes. The "tremor" you see is, depending on the image, either him going over the line again to add weight or his quick strokes not aligning perfectly. He doesn't give much of a shit about being exact or clean, which is why his art usually feels so light and has a lot of motion to it.

>that goofy look when he was showing off his nen to theta

I really like when he tries going for spoopy stuff

It's not even particularly simplistic. When he has the time and motivation he draws people in particular with a lot of detail.

He's an extremely underrated artist, people really struggle to grasp that output =/= skill. Every artist does first drafts, most just don't publish them. And few mangaka are as good as he is when it comes to composition, paneling, and just the impact he gives scenes with the way he draws. Lots of HxH fans think they like the manga for the writing, but his writing can only be as good as he conveys it visually. Sometimes I re-read parts of CA arc just to focus on the way he sets out pages and how it flows.

Of course when you are a tracer

Shit taste, is what. Both adaptions don't really do it justice. You have to read it to truly appreciate it, and especially how well-made the game and the arc was.
>Main antagonist alluded to a griefer, even down to the design
>The rules made the game complex, but also allowed for actual growth, IE an RPG if played correctly
>Gon/Killua became easier friends, slowly developing into a true relationship
>The female protagonist wasn't a hopeless waif who did something extraordinary at the darkest hour or by the power of love, she was already badass from the start

Not really. I'd love to see a better artwork in hxh. It deserves it.

You can see the naked guy is traced.

As long as people are posting pages, does anyone have that page where Hisoka punches the hell out of Leorio?

Yes because the only thing that changes is his erection.

Actually that's not a trace, look at the outlines and details on his body.

>people really struggle to grasp that output =/= skill
More like no one cares about skill except to the extent it's reflected in your output.

The only thing I don't really like about Greed Island is the way that Bisky is introduced, everything else was good

Who's he tracing?

Probably a good time to mention even people like Shigeru Mizuki occasionally traced other people's art. Shigeru Sugiura, who was incredibly popular in the 60's based a large portion of his Last of the Mohicans manga on American comic books.

Also, provide examples other than the 3 in that image that gets posted every thread.

Not sure what would rub you the wrong way. Care to elaborate? Too coincidental that they ran into their sensei's sensei at a random gathering?

This is one of my favorite panels from the arc. Gina fist breaking Komugi and Pitou apart is great.

*Gon’s. how did I fuck that up.

one piece has very crude artwork too. the first anime ive seen with such horrible artwork but amazing story

The last couple of arcs of YYH got lazy at time but I think they had the best overall art style.

It's fucking November.

Why isn't Gon back yet?

He's busy doing his homework.

>this thread hasn't become an absolute shit storm yet
I hope troll-kun is safe.

Not him, but I actually temporarily dropped HxH (was watching the 2011 version) at the point where Bisky was shown to want to ruin Gon and Killua's friendship.

Because I didn't know her true age, it came off like Togashi wanting to bring in a girl into the main group and ruin everything with dumb love triangles and waifubaiting.

Even when I found out she was actually an old lady, I assumed her true form was a big tits Tsunade-type of character. Was relieved in the end, because fucking hell am I sick of blatant waifubaiting.

This thread isn't a shitstorm because falseflagger-chan isn't the OP. If he was, shonenfags would swarm the board and take the bait.

Notice how most of his bait threads don't have "HxH" or "Hunter x Hunter" in the title? He doesn't want the few HxH fans coming in and calling him out on his BS.

There hasn't been many generals for HxH for the past few months, and its unsurprising as most only come here when Togashi returns. So we're left with some autist who seemingly hates the series (insert "rick and morty of anime xD" joke) as the OP for most of the threads.

No, it looks like ass.

>I think they had the best overall art style.
Same here. I like seeing an artist's sketches and most of the time they feel better than a refined, finished drawing.
Also his thick strokes are great.

Damn Gina!

nothing wrong with training arcs, it's free sol in your shonenshit