I am very disappointed

I just finished this not 10 minutes ago. I like cheesy, silly zombie schlock, and for that this was pretty good, even if some of it was way over the top and made no sense. but that ending. I am rather upset. While I enjoy the ride the ending honestly felt like the tension along the way wasn't worth it, and I kind of feel cheated for reading it. Even if the ending had tried in some way to conclude the story, it would have been better than, that. I know this has probably been said a dozen times over, or some of you may even like it. But this is just absurd.
so that being said how do you guys feel about this?

Think I dropped it after they removed the shrapnel in the girl's forehead, lost interest but spoil me in what happens. The 3DPD movie legit looks pretty decent though.

It felt like an Ito ending, except even more axed.

okay

So the girl gets the nail removed, we cut in between this neet who is saved by that kuruso guy we heard about before and his group. they go on their adventures and it turns out there are more people like the girl, bitten but don't turn(something to do with them shutting their hearts out from the rest of the world). The oda girl with the blond hair is pregnant decides to run off, in an incident gets bitten by a baby who himori(the nail girl) is subconsciously controlling, she didn't know it at the time though. so Oda gets put in a trash compactor. around this time we cut to italy where we see more things happening with the zombies dubbed ZQN, they're forming hive like amalgamations.(it turns out later that there is a format to the amalgamations mind connectivity, where the minds connect to each other in a message board format similar to 2 and Sup Forums)Then Himori and Hideo getting closer, proclaim their love for each other, and fuck. they declare that they are going to survive, and then as they enter tokyo bay himori says, no i'm a bad girl and uses her amalgamation to swoop herself up and run away. Hideo chases it down to a skyscraper, there is a big incident with the kuruso group, a group that was already there and hideo starts sniping. Big helicopter away scene as the tower is swarmed. and then the ending happens, which is nothing. The zombies are gone, the hive is still there on the building, and hideo is playing pretend all alone as time passes. no gf, no friends, no nothing. and the survivors fron the helicopter have all started their own little settlement the end.

I can agree with that, where in at least Ito is conclusive, at least from what I've read of his work. I don't mind a sudden ending, but I do want an ending. and I am a hero just doesn't offer that.

The author cracked without knowing that he had cracked until significantly later.

Around the same time that the zombies began disappearing and the massive flesh beasts were introduced, the author's father was diagnosed with cancer. The cancer advanced throughout his body for the next year or so, and he died. A number of months later, the manga ended. On the last page of the manga, Hanazawa dedicated the work to his father.

Do you realize what happened?

Yep. With that information, the way it wrapped up makes a lot more sense. Poor guy let real life slip into his work and then he brought down the hammer with the crippling depression.

I can't blame the guy after that, but it still doesn't make it any better.

If you are dissapointed with the last fight, I´m ok with that
I you are dissapointed with the epilogue, you are a poor pleb who likes the typical holywood ending and i feel sorry for you.

The fight was disappointing enough, but the epilogue itself left so many things unanswered. He didn't have to go in and save the day, but it's such a clean cut jump from action and things happening and hideo being taken into by the himori blob into Hideo being alone in Tokyo for how ever many months to even years. Leaving out any explanation as to what happened. I'm fine with sudden endings, but to applaud the author for leading you along the track and then give you nothing but a half hearted "life goes on","now he knows he's hero"? I feel sorry for you my dude. Because you don't respect yourself as a reader.

Arent his other mangas ended on similar note of MC being left alone and tfw no gf

wat

I've heard they do end on similar notes. But I just hope that they wrap up a bit more solidly than this one did. The poor guys MCs never stood a chance.

Yeah, it was a hell of a ride. It really makes me sad that I feel this way.

He also forgot that older lady with an eyepatch got swallowed by some large ZQN then spit out as a younger version of self and now she lives on a small island fucking literally everyone who ask for it and having shit ton of children and the only one who doesnt want to fuck her is the dude who has cancer.

I know what you thinking and no, I am not making that up.

Yeah that was pretty wack to. I also left out the part where the zombies spirits could affect physical zombies. Remember odas sister stabbing that guy in the eye? Which means that she had to have died before we actually saw her die. If I'm remembering it properly that is. I did read through it rather fast.

>Remember odas sister stabbing that guy in the eye?
Nope, dont remember it but I remember amalgamation told Hiromi that Oda wont join them since she was killed before becoming zombie IIRC

You are correct. We also have a flashback to as she was turning having a conversation with her sister, where she was in the compactor saying she wanted to die as a human

Now I remember, it was major point of her helping Hideo climbing the crane.

Yep. And the best part about it, it was a favor to her sister which was done in return for incest. ghost incest. Absolutly beautiful.

The movie wasn't half bad.

that is such a fucking huge mess it turns around and ends up good wow
or not, depends on one's taste, kinda like Gantz

Gantz tried to explain too much in too little time, and I still thought it was fine. IAH just ended. That's it.

>which was done in return for incest
Do you remember which chapter this was explained?

It's chapter 243

So this is why Oda was screaming "Iura you're so good" as she was being crashed.

I bought the first 6 volumes of this manga like a year and a half ago, and now I'm scared to keep buying them.

Buyer's remorse feels so bad, specially with a manga that I used to love. Definitely expected something better and bigger when the Zombie hives started to appear.

It was so good until the girl started to become a zombie and I was "BYE!"

What are the chances this ever going to be scanlated?

Yep, it's its pretty neat that it's set up 60 chapters prior. So he had to have had a lot planned out. But i'm guessing the loss of his father was just too much for him.

I understand you completely. I've gone through that emotion more than once. It's hard knowing you spent money on something that lost itself. I was as well pretty interested in what it was the hives were trying to do exactly, but yeah even that was swept under the rug.

I know what you mean, as soon as special type zombies come into play things start getting a bit iffy. Same thing happened with fortress of the apocalypse. I however was optimistic as the author was consistently good before. but boy howdy it turned into a mess.

Too many live people for a zombie manga.
The best thing about apocalypse/zombie manga is MC walking around desolated places alone, looking at places that once swarmed with life.

>I didn't read this manga but I wanted to post

I can say I like the feel of that. But that's not the setting. The story takes place, slightly before and then mid outbreak.like i think a few weeks pass in the manga at best until the end. And I think there does need to be that human connection. Having the mc struggle against other people as well as the undead. it's a common thing, but it really fits the setting of zombie apocalypse.

The whole mall for a while at lest
The whole Cult building
MC constantly surrounded by either girls or other people
Groups of other people whenever you go
I mean even flesh giants are pretty much people shitposting.

If earlier zombies had some personality that prego zombfag with kid sticking out his head, would repeat their daily habits and on occasion where shown to see different world than normal people see then, later they were reduced to bunch of of bulging eyes retards with jaws wide open rushing MC mindlessly wherever he was.

The whole destruction of civilisation took a step back and later half of manga its basically people against people.