Biggest asspull ever in battle shounen!

Why nobody pointed out biggest bullshit in battle shounen. Gon turning adult to defeat neferpitou who killed kite. Yeah right a/ fag call this masterpiece.

O MY SUPER SAIYAN

The bigger asspull was the magical wish trap introduced the arc after to cure him with almost no consequences.

>NO BECAUSE IT WAS FORESHADOWED BY BISKY'S FORMS

First of all, who taught Gon how to "sacrifice all his nen to gain more power"? That was never brought up before it actually happened. Gon just suddenly learned it? It happened off screen/off panel? Nah it's just Togashi asspulling again.

I like how the only HxH threads we have are people who hate the series.

Don't question it and Sui Ishida is Togashi according to HxH fags.

hunter x hunter fanbase are aware that some parts are badly written, it's just a fun series to watch calm the fuck down

>Boku no Shitter Academia fags being this assblasted over their shitty manga

Boku no hero is terrible.

it was his condition, everyone can apply conditions and he knew about that

>who taught Gon how to "sacrifice all his nen to gain more power"?

It didn't need to be taught, he just made a nen vow. Bisky probably didn't have a tough contract, her transformation made her weaker, while Gon's outright took his nen away and was going to kill him.

He basically made a suicide pact, but we can agree on the bullshit that was Alluka and how he no-sold everything that happened right when he got better.

>b-but Hero academia

So if I say both are shit and anyone reading either is a huge manchild you will have no response.

What chapter did Gon apply the condition? What chapter did someone teach Gon that he's able to suddenly gain power sacrificing his nen?

Who even told Gon that it's possible to use his "potential" as a sacrifice in the first place? If even a novice like him can suddenly become as strong as The King by sacrificing does that mean every other hunter can also do the same? Everyone can just power up like this as long as they sacrifice, seems like a really dumb system. What's with all the melodrama about Gon having to sacrifice and then he gets healed in the next arc by a character that was introduced in the same arc? Why do you Rick & M--I mean HxHfags think you're so intellectual for liking this hilariously bad writing?

I agree, hxh and boku no pico are both worthless shounenshit.

Kurapika?

>What chapter did Gon apply the condition?

I would assume 305 where he says "I don't care if this is my end i'm going to use everything". In which he sacrifices all his talent, all of his nen, all of his everything to power up. With the condition being, give me this and fuck my shit up when I win.

>What chapter did someone teach Gon that he's able to suddenly gain power sacrificing his nen?

Not that specifically but the basics on nen tell about the contract, the bigger and more restrictive the contract the more power he gets.

>Who even told Gon that it's possible to use his "potential" as a sacrifice in the first place?

Hell who told him it wasn't?
Have you seen the shit people are fucking pulling with nen?

> If even a novice like him can suddenly become as strong as The King by sacrificing does that mean every other hunter can also do the same?

VERY few people have his level of talent and even less had his level of conviction at the time he ran into Pitou, he was prepared to fuck everything in his life up just to do it. Killua could probably do it, but he wasn't at the emotional state to do so, so he wouldn't have the conviction to make the pact.

>Everyone can just power up like this as long as they sacrifice, seems like a really dumb system.

Bigger the restriction the more powerful the nen. Chapter 83.

>What's with all the melodrama about Gon having to sacrifice and then he gets healed in the next arc by a character that was introduced in the same arc?

Alluka was foreshadowed, but yea she was shit. That we can agree on.

he did it when he transformed obv.
the healing through alluka was just an excuse to introduce the calamities

Its an acceptable asspull because it ACTUALLY had some impact on his health. He was literally written off the story (and he still is, he lost all his nen)
Meanwhile goku just becomes god like its just another day saving the universe

>anyone can become Super Saiyan for a few minutes if they give up their nen
Why doesn't everyone do this if they're in a tight situation and about to get killed ? If I know I'm losing a battle I might as well take the other guy with me.
I'm pretty sure Gon isn't the only one who knew about this retarded condition free powerup bullshit.

Ass pull or not that was one of the best moments in HxH.

Him beating the shit out of Pitou is so fucking satisfying.

>I'm pretty sure Gon isn't the only one who knew about this retarded condition free powerup bullshit.
You have to be willing to kill yourself to make a contract like that. That's not the power-up you make if you want to live afterwards, that's the type of power-up you make to make sure you take your opponent with you.

And we're shown that it was born from an incredible self loathing because of his guilt over Kite's death and his own weakness. It's not just some cheap thing anyone can do, but yes other people can make similar nen pacts but they would all be suicidal.

alluka might be an asspull but gon's transformation is not the way to do that has been mentioned many times in the series through conditions and pledges high risk high return and gon knows about it i think he first heard it was from kurabika during yorkshin arc there is nothing to complain about

>Why doesn't everyone do this if they're in a tight situation and about to get killed ?

If we're talking the predicament Gon was in, then you'd die eitherway.

In the case of Cheetu vs Morel it took strong emotional circumstances for Cheetu to develop something and even then, it didn't save him because he's stupid.

>battle shounen
Are there such things as battle seinen?

or battle shoujo?

It is but it still looked beautiful.

is this Sup Forums?

>Why doesn't everyone do this
Did you not pay attention to Pitou's dialogue? Gon exchanged his Nen and talent.

Wing thinks Gon is a 1 in 10 million talent, and even had concerns about teaching him because he knew it could be dangerous. He even advised him to not emulate Kurapika, and his concerns were fully realised when Gon made that sacrifice.

So the average person isn't destined to grow into a greek god like Gon did.

Isn't that just Magical Girl stuff?

Read the last part of >pic related.

>Are there such things as battle seinen?
Berserk?
JoJo?

HxH

Yes, boku no hero is shit. Glad you agree.

kaito and gon relationship was very superficial. all this O MY RAGE is forced as fuck

>boku no pico

The one arc is really good, the rest is above average. I don't think Gon's transformation was an asspull as similar things had already happened in the series, just to a much lesser extent than 'give up everything for power'. That said, there is an asspull you SHOULD be bitching about: Alluka.

Gon-san was only designed that way to take the piss out of other "super forms" from other shows/manga. Togashi could have easily just gave regular sized gon the nen needed to beat pitou but instead went with tiny shorts and shirt

>biggest bullshit in battle shounen
There's 3 or 4 things that are more bullshit just from the same author.

Reminder that newfags won't know guitar ninjas.

Who gives a shit, it was one of the most satisfying moments in anime history

Forgot pic

HxH is boku no hero academia for slow kids.

O

That's right but can't he regain it somehow even when it's more difficult than for Spider#1.

>mentalgymnastics.jpg
Togashi is a fucking hack, Hisoka's revive made absolute no fucking sense. Nen only gets stronger and starts acting alone after you die and dead people can't be brought back by CPR. Fucking kill yourself.

hold my beer

>bnha

HxH ( Rick & Morty)
BnHA (Steven Universe)

S E E T H I N G

Fucking this, and this is coming from a guy that waifu up Pitou. God I hope we get back pitou in form of a nen beast.

Why do you all expect so much from shounen? I know some HxH fans act like it's more than just WSJ series, but the rest of us know better. Why do you think One Piece is so fantastic? We know what it is and what to expect from it.

>waifu
>Pitou
He's a guy. He is a guy. Pitou is a guy. SHE'S A HE.

It was a parody for some hxh video

stop spreading false information

Pitou is a beast and its gender is ambiguous though later in the series Pitou was drawn with breasts

>Why do you think One Piece is so fantastic?
But I don't think that.

Still bullshit. Why everyone doesn't just do that? Just do a cheated vow everytime you know you are going to die.

I wouldn't call it bullshit when that is her whole point.

I wish I was her king

>every shonen has a trillion of trash bullshit shoved in it on a daily basis, specially DB aproaching like 8 fucking power up transformations
> LALALA IM NOT LIsTENING I ENJOY IT IRONICALLY EVEN IF ITS BAD XD
>HxH has 3 parts that can be argued to not be perfectly written
>TOGASHI BIGGEST HACK BULLSHIT HOW CAN PEOPLE ENJOY THIS, PLEASE LET ME GROUP HxH WITH THE TRASH I WATCH SO I DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT WATCHING IT PLEASEEEEEE

I wonder what DBS fan is behind this post.

Who gave you faggots permission to post my waifu?

He basically said
Take whatever is needed to kill what is infront of me. take it all.
It took his body(rapid body degeneration), his nen (still gone)
Only the body of gon could be saved after this since it could be reverseble. his nen coudnt.
Why more people dont do it could be that you need time to consider and follow trough with it. Gon had plenty of time to consider this since he knew he would be facing Pitou.
Its not like you can do it in 1 minute, "lol cant survice this fight, lets sucide"

Who gave you permission to post mine?

>why doesn't everyone do something that's different from what Gon did but get the same result
He wasn't contemplating his mortality or what the outcome would be without the vow. He wanted to beat the shit out of Pitou and break himself in the process, and beyond that nothing else mattered. His frame of mind dictated how strong the end result was.

"I've already lost, I might as well use that for more power" is essentially what strengthens Netero's Zero Hand (sans him dying outright). People can and do utilize conditions like that, but it's leagues below Gon's mentality at the time.

This is how hatsu works, speedwatcher:

The stricter the restriction, the stronger the ability.

Gon's condition for this ability was "I'll give up my future" which is huge, so he got a huge powerup

If anything the asspull was getting his Nen back from Alluka

Still bullshit, user. Now everytime someone is about to die you have to expect them or one of their friends to "asspull" something cheated to save the situation.

That's a very dumb system then. I don't remember anyone who gave his limbs to get something overpowered in return. And "your future" is worthless when you are about to die anyway.

>when someone is about to die, you can expect they'll have a big final moment
What's the problem here? You're really reaching user, that's a benefit dramatically, and the fact that his power system justifies it as opposed to it coming out of nowhere in most other shonen is a plus. Not to mention you keep glossing over the fact that the Hunter x Hunter world is doesn't only revolve around self imposed rules and restrictions, but innate talent. The holes you're trying to poke aren't there.

Let's say a bunch of people get attacked by something too strong on the dark continent. You are really fine with one them doing something overpowered to save everyone? It's way too easy. The author can save anyone from anything at any moment.

>but it's leagues below Gon's mentality at the time
>MUH FREND
He literally lost a guy he barely knew for a few fucking days, there's no reason for him to go full suicidal.

Depends on how he handles it. If he mindlessly used the device such that j u s t doing what Gon already did is all that it takes, then sure, that's dumb. But again, the Hunter x Hunter universe isn't something you can just hack by imposing restrictions on yourself, it has the element of innate ability that keeps it from going full retard. Most people can't use nen, and among people who can use nen, some people will never reach the biggest heights possible, because they don't have what it takes.

Makes sense in the story, though.

HxH is all about subverting shonen tropes.

So for the grand finale (kinda) we have the typical shonen desperation powerup that leads to heroic deeds, backfiring to make the protagonist a terrifying murder machine and then a vegetable for the rest of his life.

It was good.

>I don't remember anyone who gave his limbs to get something overpowered in return.

Franklin cut off his finger-tips to further strengthen his nen-bullets dumbass.

I love how the bait threads survive but the actual threads made with no ill intent die off.

It was also the author's meta thing about how he ruined his health for superpowered children fights

>HxH is all about subverting shonen tropes
user, please... That's why people hate HxHfags. This manga isn't subverting anything. Gon is alive and in top shape. This manga IS a typical shonen.

>this tripe again
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU A LESSON OLD MAN??

OH MY WISH BROTHER was the true asspull

it's the only way to get any discussion during these hiatus

HxH is S H I T, prove me wrong now

yes it does

from structure tropes (no constant protagonist)

to regular tropes (heaven arena is introduced, protags stop climbing midway play mmo)

to long term fuckery (will gon find his dad? oops! there he is and maybe he's the mc now who knows lol)

HxH is doing those things no matter how much you hate and meme

>HxH is all about subverting shonen tropes.
It's done literally nothing new and falls to shonen tropes all of the time.

Even the retarded narration is something seen a lot in sports shonen and is often more lofty than commenting on a octopus trying to trap a lobster man in an elevator.

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone.

>dead people can't be brought back by CPR
...yes they can? Hisoka literally commanded his Nen to bring him back after the organs that stopped functioning after the explosion. The nature of his hatsu means he can literall

Had his brain/heart/lungs been destroyed from the explosion, it would've been completely impossible for him to bring himself back.

The entire plan relied on the Spider not killing him off completely.

>from structure tropes (no constant protagonist)
Happened only once. And the barely started so you can't even say for sure Gon isn't going to show up.
>to long term fuckery (will gon find his dad? oops! there he is and maybe he's the mc now who knows lol)
Same thing.

And Hxh is ALL ABOUT subverting shonen tropes? No, user. It's all about being a shonen nekketsu about magicians fighting each other.

See

I know but don't REMEMBER them.

>It doesn't make sense
Because it's not what actually happened. Gon's character arc has been about being a child with a warped world view. He's had several arcs of him being able to save anyone who registered to him as important, forcing people to submit to what he thought was right, and got away with it until Kite died. Then he immediately felt like a failure and had his bubble of "I can make things turn out alright" shattered. His world stopped being perfect and he couldn't handle it.

There's several scenes afterward to show that this was intended to be an irrational tantrum, and that it wasn't his responsibility in the first place. Kite being revived makes Gon throwing his life away completely meaningless, which is quite obviously the point (Ging pretty much says it). They had opportunities to simply walk away from Pitou, and Pitou would have inevitably died to the radiation after going back to Meruem. Netero and Kite both had their individual situations reasonably more secure than the kids understood.

>He could do it, so it's automatically bad
Yeah, that's not an argument, that's pessimism.

>That's a very dumb system then. I don't remember anyone who gave his limbs to get something overpowered in return.
Probably because they'd prefer their limbs in the long-term. Pretty funny to see you just call it dumb, blatantly telling everyone all the knowledge you have off this series is based on a couple threads.
>And "your future" is worthless when you are about to die anyway.
Except Gon came back, and with no future. He's been written out of the main story.

>from structure tropes (no constant protagonist)
It's Gon and Killua for 80% of the manga. To say otherwise is being delusional.
Even in Yorknew they're heavily involved as secondary characters.

>to regular tropes (heaven arena is introduced, protags stop climbing midway play mmo)
Also not new. Arcs abruptly changing setting is in god damn Dragon Ball.

>to long term fuckery (will gon find his dad? oops! there he is and maybe he's the mc now who knows lol)
Is "long term fuckery" code for "togashi getting bored and pulling shit out his ass"

Also lol at thinking he's going to shelve Gon when he went out of his way to get him healed with the dogshit Alluka arc.

>Yeah, that's not an argument, that's pessimism.
No, it's a real argument. Because now everytime someone will be in a situation in which he should do something similar to save his life or the life of his friends the author will be forced to do it again. So, no. It's not "could". It's need to. Why Hisoka doesn't have a overpowered nen contract ready in case things go south?

He lost his nen afterward and found his dad. His story is done.

Not him, but to call Hunter x Hunter "all about subverting shonen tropes" is an exaggeration and an insult to the series itself, as it implies it is reactionary as opposed to creative. In any sense that Hunter x Hunter has subverted shonen tropes, they have been subverted before. The meme that subversion = good is a dumb meme however and deserves to die.
Hunter x Hunter is still the best shonen ever, however, and you're a diaper wearing retar-ed ol' man if you disagree.

>Hunter x Hunter is still the best shonen ever
No, that would be Fate/stay night.

I'm caught up. But yeah, i'm not a huge fan. I don't remember every single detail. You can help me. Who gave something big to get something in return? There should be countless of them.

>Also lol at thinking he's going to shelve Gon when he went out of his way to get him healed with the dogshit Alluka arc.

Almost as if he wanted a long-awaited father-son talk to happen, and to give a grander meaning to Gon's journey up until that point ("Enjoy the little detours"). But of course the DBfag assumes being in tiptop conditions means more fights - I can understand why you've been conditioned to feel that way.

>my asspull isn't as terribly written as this other asspull!
Sup Forumsirgin consolewar kiddies should be gassed

I respect your view, good sir.