Kingdom

Shin really is the least impressive of the three young commanders.

he's too fucking thick in the head to be a Great General of the Heavens

Shitty MC ruins that manga.

Shin and Ouhon are on the same level.
Mouten is higher.

It's impressive considering he wasn't trained as a warrior since he was a child, he just trained with a friend and was a slave at the same time.

Yeah, Ouhon is Shin except even less likeable.
Mouten, however, is GOAT.

God, hw many assistant this dude work with to be able to complet page like this in a weely basics ?

Shin has retard strength on his side

posting best general

Nonsense, Hon is a tactical genius and banter master, also stronger than Shin

You are underrating martial might too much, Ouhon may be less talented than Mouten as a general in the strategical aspect on top of being an unlikeable brat but he still possesses more martial prowess and he is way less prone to be slain if they were to clash head to head to a stronger general or forced to headstrong against a superior army in a disadvantageous situation like the one he just escaped

Shin is the worst part of the manga.

but that's not ousen

>Best general
he a bandit and an absolute Mad Man

Does Osen even have a character?

As if that's a bad thing. Unlike all the otehr moralfags he knows exactly what they are doing and having fun doing it.

He'll do something noteworthy this arc, just you wait
He'll kill Houken

If Shin's greatest feat is strength, then Kyou Kai should have been general already.

What I mean is that: he not best general but Best Boy

Ah fuck, forgot about that twat

Give me the Chink names god damn it. At least then I can look them up on Wikipedia.

Ri Boku will eventually defeat him

I think that karyo ten is way worse than shin

>stronger than Shin
Sure Hon is sharper, faster and smarter but strength is what makes Shin stand alongside them.

fuck you not fair

Why would it even be considered promoting him to General if all he can do is lead charges? Time and time agin he has shown compleate lack of strategic knowledge and makes a face whenever he hears the simplest of statements.
Truly bland MCs are the worst.

Because he's a leader type? Pure tacticians/ strategy minded folks can't necessarily lead or inspire discipline in his men.

The manga is operating under the principle that generals can be one man armies in the first place

He can be an instinctive general but he needs more mentoring imho. I wish he was under Duke Hyou for a longer period of time.

Shin is duke hyou tier, he can defeat a pure strategist with just a mindless charge.

Wow, Reebok a cheater, more at 11

>Because he's a leader type? Pure tacticians/ strategy minded folks can't necessarily lead or inspire discipline in his men.
He is supposed to be one. Yet i don't see anything inspiring in him anymore. Since the timeskip all he does is running around with round eyes and expression conveying "What the fuck am i doing here? Who are all those people?!" or leading charges.
Seeing their commander like that his troops should consider desertion instead of being inspired.

Maybe....and follow me on this but Shin will be general near the end of the manga. After he unites China and has many battles as commander and combines Duke Hyou and Ouki's tactics to one, will he be a general feared across the country.

Why do people expect a peasent who literally has no education. Let me remind you of something so you don't think I am making excuses. Shin was 13 at the start of the series, 14 in his first official war, 17 when he became 1000 man commander, 19 when he became 3000 man, 21 he became 5000 man. Current age is 22. Not even 10 years into this and you expect him to grasp ideas and tactics of men twice his age. He will be the best general in the country by the end of series but you need to patient.

I understand that he shouldn't have Ouki's level aura of badassery at 22, but he should have at least part of it. He is now more pathethic than he was when he was a kid. Some of his officers have more charisma than he.

I disagree. He has commanders who trust him and vouche for him to the new recruits. He is routinely part of war meeting and is given assignments. True his smarts is not the highest but he will be polished up. I can see after this war is over, he asks his adviser to school him on basic tactics so he isn't a sitting duck. Shin is powerful but he needs a lot more refining to ever be on par with Duke and Ouki.

>He is now more pathethic than he was when he was a kid.

He was a slave getting his ass kicked as a kid and now has money, fame and thousands of men under his command...what?

He should have been schooled on basic tactics before he was promoted to 1000-man commander.

By who? He was a slave who was taken in by Ouki. Any other general would have told him to fuck off because slaves should know their place. As such he never got a proper education and was taught by Ouki throwing him into the fray. Shin never had time to just sit in a class and learn tactics.

This
Ouhon and Mouten are from rich families and the sons of generals, both of them have a old man taking care of them, and they had teachers, subordinates and slaves for everything.

>He was a slave getting his ass kicked as a kid and now has money, fame and thousands of men under his command...what?
I'm not talking about plot. Im talking about expressive methods. Yes, he now has money, fame and thousands of men under his command, but he still has self conduct of dumb teenager. Author tells us about his growth but fails to show it in believable way.
Maybe it's because of target audience that won't accept anything but another Naruto.

At least by his fucking strategist loli.

He's still gonna accidentally kill Riboku and get a promotion.

Riboku will die because his king is a retard

user the guy never got to live as a teenager. He was always a slave and was told to stfu and do as he was told. Suddenly he has freedom and men to control, so it is no wonder he is acting reckless. He was never taught decorum, patience, tactics and understanding battle volatility. Everything so far we have seen is him going on instincts and Ten do the refining.

She was formally a barbarian who had a knack for thinking on her feet and learning some tactics. She is great for her age but she lacks the experience to be a mentor. Ouhon and Mouten had teachers, scrolls and fathers who were generals giving them all the advice and guidance at their finger tips. I

I'm not talking about his recklessness.
He is in army for 8 years, this is where he has grown up. People who are commanding others since they were 14 don't behave themselves in same manner as immature teenagers. This has nothing to do with formal education. He was around high level commanders since young ages, he should've learned their manners by just observing and imitating.

And he's been a high level commander for years himself. Former slave or not, it's in the best interest of the army that the officers have basic understanding of tactics. But maybe they did things differently in anchient china

That's not Renpa

He wasn't officially a commander until 17, so that makes it only 5 years which is such a minute number, before that he was suffling around battlefields and training with Ouki on how to fight.

No training on tactics by anyone. No books or scrolls on positioning. No mentor giving him experiences on what he would do. He was literally thrown into fights and given a small hint here and there, compared to his rivals he has had far less to work with.

I don't understand this. Shin went from slave to 5000 man commander in less than 10 years. He has Ouki's glave, Duke Hyou's shield and Rinko' sword. He has accomplishments and is respected by his pears. He is going to be an instinctive general but that requires numerous battles before you get the hang of it....why are you being so harsh on the guy?

>No training on tactics by anyone
Do you know what "self conduct" means?

He's young and has no formal studies

Of course Sup Forums wants him to be a gary stu that outsmarts everyone.

Explain to me how a slave who is now a commander is going to get someone to teach him to tactics.

Who the fuck does he even ask?

He was a servant working the fields until he was 13, guy doesn't even know how to read. He's been either killing people in wars or spending his time alone in the middle of nowhere waiting for a new war to start so he can kill more people which by the way happens all the time so he doesn't really have free time. Once every couple years Sei calls him to the castle to have something to eat and drink.

He has no social life and you don't have time to learn manners from people when you only see them while butchering faggots that are trying to butcher you.

Shin's life is War>heal yourself>war>heal yourself>war>get called for a banquet>heal yourself>war

>Commander of 5000 army
>Personal friend to Sei
>Name is rising fast throughout the state

How isn't he getting a nice big castle for himself and women flocking to him waiting to bear his children? Where is his harem? I thought a slave who is now a man with power would use it yet his faggot ass is still a virgin.

What does your question have to do with my post? Also, why are calling him a slave? Are you dumb enough to think that this is his current status?

>He has no social life and you don't have time to learn manners from people
He is living in camp with his fucking soldiers. Im not talking about some table manners. People just won't take orders from someone who behaves himself in the same manner our MC does.

Given the number of battles Shin has experienced, he is not a newbie, but a veteran. And he is not bad at all.
He is the Bittenfeld of Kingdom.

All I know is that Ten is a slut.

What of "no social life" did you not get?

Shin is living every true knights dream atm.

If he gets shit done, they will.
He brings them victory, victory means status and wealth. Those are the two things people will kill each other for.

And Mouten is Mittenmeyer and Ouhon is Reuental?(once he stops being a brooding faggot)

>Rinko's sword
Didn't he give it to Renpa as proof he killed him?

Maybe you shouldn't have posted that pic when you know there's

>Bit-ten-fel-do

Ouhon comes out to me as more offense orientated and thus more Mittermeyer like. Reuental was literally stated to be the most balanced admiral out of Reinhard, Mittermeyer and Reuental.

Shin is most definitely the instinctual type as anons stated, he doesn't need tactics and strategy, he can just "feel" (the word could mean anything really) the battle and act accordingly, but for such a bullshit, from a logical point of view, ability he will probably win battles at a great cost, or by doing little of the work, for example killing generals and commanders, leaving the strategic stuff to Ten and Kyoukai, which is what we've seen so far