Onsen Musume

>Large cast, 50+ and more are added every other week (like Million Live and Cinderella Girls)
>but ALL are voiced
>Different illustrator for every girl, mostly popular twitter artists (reminds me of KanColle and FGO)
>Animated by Doga Kobo
>Although there are multiple groups, the main group, SPRiNGS, consists of 9 girls, 3 1st-years, 2nd-years and 3rd-years each (so kinda like Love Live)
>School girls only, unfortunately (Well, technically they are goddesses though)
>Among the more notable seiyuu are the ones that voiced Aoba from New Game, Rin from Love Live, Tohru and Kanna, Gabriel and Satania, Nitocris from FGO, Prinz Eugen and Kitakami from KanColle and then there are a bunch from Cinderella Girls, including Morikubo, Mika, and Shouko
>And most importantly, the music is fucking good. SPRiNG's first mini album is a little plain, regular idol stuff, but the second one is more unique thanks to the Japanese-vibe. Adhara and AKATSUKI, two of the other groups, have even more experimental styles.

What do you think Sup Forums, do we have a legit 3rd competitor for best anime idols? Or will Onsen Musume be a joke like WUG and BanG Dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/es08zghoOOw
youtu.be/X2Q-bCS_IRs
youtu.be/hVKCScoBMIw
youtu.be/b3k3vAqM6-s
youtu.be/tF32TSmUvM8
youtu.be/TmpuJ3PTxg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PVs:
youtu.be/es08zghoOOw
youtu.be/X2Q-bCS_IRs

Music:
youtu.be/hVKCScoBMIw
youtu.be/b3k3vAqM6-s
youtu.be/tF32TSmUvM8
youtu.be/TmpuJ3PTxg4
(Audio mastering is really well done and YouTube videos doesn't do them justice so, full versions are on nyaa)

No.

will probably fold in a month

But how is this idol shit related to Onsen?

Sounds like the most generic idolshit you can even imagine.

it's princess tutu with onsens instead of ducks

They turn into Onsen? Can you bath in them?

How is this related to idols again?

sentient onsens saw idols on a tv in their resort and decided they wanted to do that too

Ohh, I see.
Do they keep any characteristics from their time as Onsen? Or is that background totally pointless?

Is that an anime, a mobile game or both?

>onsen musume

What next? Toilet musume?

multi-media project, both anime and mobile game are planned for the future

The girls share their name with real life places and they are hoping that the project will draw customers to the onsen and revive the industry.
But from what I can tell, they don't keep any of the specific characterics. They have their own personality that's totally unrelated from their respective onsen.

Also yeah, onsen that turned into cute girls sounds totally bonkers, but historical figures, boats and animals have been quite successful, so it's not that weird

I STILL have no idea of they're supposed to be normal school girls imbued with onsen magic or literal onsens taking forms of school girls.

it's the latter

Why even school girls then? Are they registered with the schools now? Are they going to have "So THIS is how a girl's body feels like" moments?

>Oh look, it's another all girls doing all girls things... anime the series.

Lately I am really tired of those shows...

What happened to Tokyo 7th Sisters? Wasn't that a popular idol thing?

not that familiar with it, but wasn't that a rather small project? It started as a game, they had some lives, but that's kinda it

Don't they have like an entire famous ghost story centered around that?

>game about going around haunted schools all over Japan to recruit different Hanakos as idols

it's a bit ambiguous, they are "onsen-goddesses in training", not sure what that means myself, but I know that 2 of them are childhood friends, 2 are sisters and one came from Germany, which makes them sound like they are normal girls, but supposedly they aren't