Osomatsu-san

>S1 vol.1 sold over 114k
>S2 vol.1 is projected to sell only 7k
What went wrong?

Can't capture the magic twice, plus they waited too long to make a second season. Gotta strike the iron while it's hot.

Shitting on fujos in the first episode
>B-but they were actually cute
Cute degenerates portrayed as retarded fucks drooling and throwing money over fat, bald, greasy old men. Which is not that far from the truth but still.

I honestly think the second cour was really weak and then the wait for season 3 was too long. Only watched the first two episodes of this season so I can't comment whether they've improved.

They spent all their money on gacha, can't afford BDs.

I've never played any of the Matsu games so I have no idea how they work, but based on other series with mobage: why not bundle SSR tickets with BDs or limited characters or something like that?

Fujos are disloyal and it's always a gamble to make them your primary target because of how fickle they are

That's what you say, but for example Kaworu x Shinji still get fanart to this day. Another example is the insanely loyal fanbase of Tiger and Bunny.

But did season 1 sell 114k on release, or over time? Plus the 7k is an estimate, the show hasn't even finished its first court yet

>they waited too long to make a second season
Isn't Totty's VA the one to blame?

What happened with him?

He went abroad for a year or something.

>out of the countless fujo shows out there 2 (two) shows have a loyal fanbase, one of which isn't even a fujo oriented show
Yeah you really proved him wrong there

Fuck, this is actually the truth. And I also know other fujos that did the same, they spent like $100 on that shit whenever there's a good gacha on hesowars.

Fanart is different, user. They also get fanart everyday, it's just that it's not that active anymore compared to their heydays. Most fujos hopping to different fandoms are the main source. They really should've made S2 earlier. But 1st cour isn't even finished yet, so we'll see. Maybe (hopefully) sales will do better. If they show a good episode, interest might come back.

>p-please spoonfeed me with a list of examples
Don't be such a newfag. There are a lot of series with a loyal fanbase, but they attract audience regardless of the shipping. Shallow shows like Free or YoI don't stand a chance against them, but Osomatsu has potential. There's just too much merchandise to keep up.

Over time, but it did like 70k on its release week

Keep in mind S1's first volume had to replace episodes that were taken down for offending copyright owners. People wanted to know what the unseen episode was.

I can't believe of all people Crunchyroll has great taste.

7k is usual for successful series
cream skimming bonus is random

>90% drop
RIP

They have made fun of fujos forever and fujos enjoy it, they aren't offended. Parodies are made for the people they target, otherwise the audience wouldn't even really get it, it's like a self deprecating inside joke. Even the word fujoshi is one in itself.

Why do people keep saying that? No one gave a shit. Maybe male otaku would throw a bitchfit over something like that but fujos found it hilarious.

The actual answer:
>I have no fucking idea, but [insert wild speculation about the mentalities and purchasing habits of a vague group of "fujos" here]

Aren't there supposed to be new shorts on the first s2 disc set? I thought something like that would boost the sales a bit

Butthurt fujo detected

*also is there any news about when the dreaded dub is coming out? Cuz has hinted on it and I really don't want this show to become a botched abomination

Viz I meant

I think another dramatic episode like Jyushimatsu Falls in Love or ESP Kitty would help grab interest again. People here like to shit on the serious episodes because we're all stoic badasses who only like dick jokes and slapstick, but I think the occassional drama in the first season did a lot to give the series dimension and contributed to its popularity. Comdey without heart can be amusing, but it's souless. It's a mixture that makes something great.

I think they've been trying to tap into that same thing with the parents' episode and with hatabou last episode, but so far nothing has really hit home.

Oh. Oh my.

used goods

I want a gif or a webm of them on the rainbow escalator but I'm too retarded to make one.

We had a more serious skit about Matsuzo and Matsuyo, and a more "heartwarming" one about Hatabou. Having a dramatic ep would fall flat because this season is just weak all around when it comes to humor so there is nothing to have as contrast to drama.

Chugga-chugga chugga-chugga chugga-chugga CHOO CHOO!

Would you join in on a Matsuno train?

I would let Matsus run a train on me
Or throw me under a train
Both equally good

What was even the point of this episode? not a single joke, and shitty cliché writing

>would you join this group of adult men playing a children's game in a public playground
Yes

Some people still have hearts, Totty.

No but really the writing was really bad

Then why was it so well received and loved by the fans?

Shit taste?

SAO is crazy popular too, proves nothing

Those people with shit taste are what funded the second season. But alright smart guy, what made it poorly written? And please don't say that it's been done before. Every story has been done before.

Some people don't like cheesy romance trops with added drama

MORTALS! Behold my glory!

this. I don't get why that is such a popular theory when pretty much any anime with fujoshits jokes on them. do neets get offended at isekais? do moefags get offended at the "dirty old man" joke?
and if so, when did people forget to laugh at themselves?

you cannot taint the pure

He man, if they produce good shit I'll buy it. If they produce pure shit I'll leave it and never look back. Fujo-aimed shows, let alone good ones that don't drawn in their own ass, are far few and in-between.

What have you bought? i'm curious

This is what Karamatsu sees in the mirror every morning.

>choro pulling Ichi on a wagon
What a lazy fuck

This.
Also fujos have changed since Yuri on Ice...that show really raised the fujo pandering bar that everything else is dropping. Not to mention Yuri on Ice merchandise keeps coming out so they're spending it mostly on that.
>latest Free! movie didn't even sell 8k BD units
>Osomatsu projected to sell 7k
>Kekkai Sensen (not a fujo anime, but audience who bought it were mostly fujos anyway I think) projected to sell 4.5k
Next I'm pretty sure that Bungou Stray Dogs movie is going to sell pretty averagely.

Too little personality too little surprise element. FOR NOW.

>using ...
>he thinks YoI sold only because of the pandering
If that were the case, even Nakamurashit would be best selling for how far it goes.
>points out that Kekkai Sensen is not a fujo anime but doesn't say that for Free! and Osomatsu
Having a focus on male characters or prettyboy cast members doesn't make something a fujo anime. Stop talking about things you don't understand and wait for actual sales figures instead of amazon stalker only predictions.

Free! is very much a fujo anime.

t. didn't watch it

I watched it. It's a fujo anime.

Free has no canon gay, therefore it isn't fujo. It can just as equally appeal to fangirls who are just in it for the different guys not only to shippers. That's like calling every cute girls doing cute things anime a yuri anime, even though it can attract waifufags.

Not that guy, but while free wasn’t explicitly BL the way yoi is, you can’t deny that it didn’t exist to pander to the same audience that likes BL. However kekkai sensen and Osomatsu-san definitely don’t belong in the same category.

Can't say I've ever seen a Free fangirl who wasn't a shipper desu

The real Karamatsu is squishy!

But there are lots of Osomatsu-san fangirls who don't ship the brothers but aren't antis either. Calling all of the female fans fujos is really generalising.

Jesus I didn't realize S1 aired in 2015, I guess it's gotta be this .

Also S2 has been not as funny as S1 so far.

Free had a really good story, great animation, excellent music, and cute girls. There's something in it for everyone. I liked Season 2 but I'll acknowledge that it wasn't as good.

>there are lots of Osomatsu-san fangirls who don't ship the brothers
Yeah, because the show itself doesn't really have much fujopandering. Free literally shoved the ships in your face.

>Free literally shoved the ships in your face.
I don't think we watched the same anime.

I can't say much about Free, the designs never appealed to me and it's awkward watching shows with male fanservice that I don't find attractive in the slightest (so many shoujo guys too look unappealing to me. I wish Japan had more of an interest in soft boys that aren't cold dickheads.)

Free had half-retarded men who acted like more like stereotypical anime women than red-blooded male humans. I can’t believe that free fans and Osomatsu-san fans are the same people.

>Sunbathing naked in full view of the street.
Karamatsu, my boy

>I can’t believe that free fans and Osomatsu-san fans are the same people.
See, there you go again. Why do you think because you talked to two people that the entire fanbases overlap?

That's the perfect position to have a bird shut on you

It's not funny anymore.
Feels neutered.

I also feel like yoi fans have more in common with free fans than Osomatsu-san fans. The appeals of the two shows are completely different. I have a hard time believing that Osomatsu-san sales are suffering because it’s competing with the yoi fan base.

>>latest Free! movie didn't even sell 8k BD units
It's a recap. HS sold 35k and that's pretty average.

Osomatsu-san peaked at 5 demons.

But at least I could laugh at most of the S1 episodes.
There are S2 episodes that I didn't even grin.

I’ve found something in every episode so far amusing enough to give a snort. Maybe your heart has just shriveled in these two years.

Japan still likes soft boys. Sweet love interests are on the rise again, not everything is bodice-ripper tier these days.

I wish they made had more boys look like shounen demographic guys. All that boyish appeal contrasting with ikemen and bishounen would be lovely in a shoujo.

Same reason ESP Kitty and Letter were so well received. It tugged on the right heartstrings. The only difference Juice and AV-chan have is that out of the three mentioned, its was the most taken seriously.

Boyish boys are best, even Japanese fujoshi know that. BnHA has at least as much if not more fanart in the pixiv daily female rankings than yoi does. And then Osomatsu-san is the epitome of boyish appeal.

Fujos are minority and they shall kneel before the the majority

Democracy is flawed, go watch Kino’s Journey.

Boyish guys > Manly men > Ikemen > Girly boys/traps

S1 had a massive event ticket
S2 doesn't have that

I have a good feeling about this one.

this is not about democracy is about popularity and captalism

>Ichimatsu will never bully you like that
SAD

But in capitalism so long as a market for something exists then it will be produced, even if there are markets that are larger. That's why the fucking fillet-o-fish will always stick around. Because there are people who will buy it, even if most people won't.

Working on the backlog. This was a great episode, got a little misty eyed. Train scenes always do that, but can someone explain the 14 on her wrist?

Jyushi means 14 in Japanese. Kind of like how Ichi means one. Their names are completely nonsense.

LOL the pirate fudanshit tears is strong in this this thread is delicious.

>What went wrong?
Too much Choromatsu.

What do you think they smell like?

>s1 sold good because of fujos
>s2 is selling bad because fujos aren't buying it
>men are complaining instead of buying s2
Really joggins the noggin

On the contrary, we need more Choro

This dude knows what's up

NEET cum