Hack or genius?

Hack or genius?

Why not both?

Who cares?
I like most of his shows

Bald

Everyone agrees that Turn A is the greatest anime of all time so genius.

Sometimes A, sometimes B

Incomplete.

/thread

What about this guy?

G Reco is great

He wrote a hard sci-fi mecha show at a time when no one else was doing so in Japan. I don't know if he was a genius or just in at the right time in the right place. Hard sci-fi mecha was going to get written eventually and he was just the first one to do it well.

Votoms is better anyway.

Why couldn’t Victory have shading like that all the time? Such a beautiful aesthetic gone to waste

Cause Victory isn't actually moving there, and most of the fights are fairly well animated although they obviously dropped some detail to do that

There were a great number of episodes where they didn’t bother at all iirc. Even with stills they flipflopped between shaded and not.

>TV series mecha will never look this good again
Digital animation was a mistake

Victory was digitally animated.

The answer is "Yes". That answer is always "Yes".

hack
also why is everyone in the gundam universe so fucking autistic?

Depends on how depressed/happy he is.

He made Zambot 3 prior to Mobile Suit Gundam, which has a reputation for being quite dark and showing just how badly a heroic robot show can go wrong. After doing research on that show, him making a show like Gundam, and later Ideon, isn't surprising at all.

What is surprising is that he also made Xabungle.

He's Anno done right.

I'm not a spic/arab so I'm not predisposed to appreciate his work.

It's impressive that you're so ignorant that you can't even make an easy race joke right.

Just finished victory and somehow it feels empty you know? even after watching turn a/g reco
Did any manga/novel/radio drama ever explained what happened to the gang after the war?

He's like Miyazaki and Anno but without talent, pure hard work.

It can get your around and let you make billion dollar franchise like Gundam, but you also end up making shit like Victory Gundam and G no Reco.

>Victory
>shit
1v1 me you piece of shit and I'll show you who's really shit.

Hairy

>Victory
>Shit

These responses are funny, since Tomino hated Victory and would have agreed with that user.

Just because he's right doesn't mean he's correct.

Haven't you watched Garzey's Wing? Dude's a fucking hack.

Wait, doesn't that make me correct but not right?

Victory is generally considered to be a weak Gundam entry. This is honestly first time I see people defending it.

Garzey's wing is amazing

Genius in selling shit no anime before could do by hyping up the audiance.