How would the arc of the chimera ants have been with the aesthetics of the 1999 version and without so much unnecessary...

How would the arc of the chimera ants have been with the aesthetics of the 1999 version and without so much unnecessary narration?

Would probably be deemed as the shounen anime with the longest arc, before naruto and bleach, spanding up to 250-300+ episodes. Also
>unnecessary narration
fuck you I liked the narrator, he had his moments.

It would have the same narration as 2011, which is the same narration as the manga. btfo animefag

not him, but fuck YOU, the narrator was annoying as fuck. The whole pacing and cinematography sucked major ass as in 2011 version.

>It would have the same narration as 2011
There's a world of difference between same arcs of 1999 and 2011 versions already, that's the whole point of this thread.

Theres no way to make it without the narration and have it make any sense. That is why the manga is always better.

What's the best way to watch the anime? I've heard that watching some arcs with 1999 and some with 2011 is the way to go, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

I only got into HxH last year, and I watched entire 1999 first, and then started 2011.

Personally, I'd recommend starting the same, as in watching all of 1999 first. When it ends (end of Greed Island arc), jump to ep80 of 2011, so the story continues fluently.

Its literally just autis bitching, just read the manga otherwise you're just going to derail threads non stop

>actually discussing opinions and comparing two products of different eras, about the same source material, is "autistic"
I somehow know these people aren't very academically experienced.

>99 fags will defend this

I watched 2011 first and then started watching 1999 and it's true, 2011 cuts out significant amounts of stuff.

I wouldn't mind

For a guy who likes to battle strong opponents I'm surprised he's not present there.

The narration is perfect in the manga. I think it's more for atmosphere than communicating information though, much of it is clearly visible in the art but it gives moments more significance when they're narrated. Like, the events are a big deal and that's why some omniscient narrator is cares enough to talk about it.

Is he gonna fuck machi?

What's wrong with the screencap? Both adaptations of the scene with Killua and Illumi were different, but both were really good.

>if you want something good watch 99
>if you want something faithful to the manga...read the manga

No reason to start with 2011. Even if you're goal is just faithfulness it goes as far as to cut out Kite, leaving thousands of 2011fags confused about his importance to Gon.

>unnecessary narration
The narration was amazing and vastly improved the arc.

>hurr durr muh show don't tell

Fuck off. Show don't tell isn't a universal rule and for the chimera ant arc it would've hurt the arc as there was so much going on.

I do think 2011 is generally more accurate than 99, but watching it with my partner I had to start them with 99 because... Kite is so important.

Also, the composition in a lot of 2011 is good and it has tight directing, timing, etc.

2011's biggest misstep is always going to be how it treated Gon's origin episode, which I just don't understand because they knew the Chimera Ant Arc was coming.

I think as HxH fans we're blessed to have two adaptations that are really good.

Also I love both versions, but 99 has errors that are super confusing if you pick up off where it ends, or just inaccuracies. Like Mito is Gon's mother's sister, whereas she's Ging's cousin in anything else.

Question, was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this: why is it that in the manga Killua and Gon say they're 'almost 12' but in both 99 and 2011 they say they 'are 12'? Was there a reason that was changed? Or is it a wonky translation somewhere down the line?

>unnecessary narration?
consider kys

fucking kill yourself honestly

>people dislike the 2011 narrator
huh
The real problem with the ant arc was not cutting out filler.

wait what? I don't remember it mentioning anything about Mito actually being related to Gon

O

In 99 they chose to have Gon's mother be dead (she isn't in any other version), and Mito resents Ging because of how cold he was to her sister (Gon's mother). I understand why, filler, space, the year it was made, etc, but yeah it's true. Mito talks about it in the first episode a bit and in the Whale Island visit episodes a bit too, when talking about their childhood.

Watch first episode of 99 then just watch 2011

If u watch 99 til greed island ure just gonna hate the two show for the seiyuu, art style, ost etc

it would be dark and atmospheric. the 99 anime team would probably just get rid of the narration since animation can convey all the necessary information.

99 had narration so I doubt it

What does everyone think was the gayest iteration of Killua+Gon?

I liked the narration. It gave this objective, historical documentary like vibe to the arc. Like someone was dissecting what happened, what made it tick. At best I would cut stuff that felt sketchy or word salady, like I remember feeling during the Shoot coming into action scene, but that was more me thinking they weren't describing his frame of mind in a compelling way, like how the narrator of Kaiji might. But yeah, end of the day, I would only want to add some polish.

By this part of the show, it gave up trying to make it kid friendly as much, so I don't think much injustice was done. But I would have loved to have seen what direction 99 would have taken it.

2011 since it had this scene.

I don't understand the hate on the narration.
The assault on the palace literally took place over the course of probably an hour.

A fucking hour.

No narration would have their actions make no sense.

Yeah, I think 2011 has the most ideal images of Killua just staring at Gon too. CA arc is pretty gay too

More like 199o a shit load of filler garbage.
Anyone whi thinks that 1999 version is any good shluld kill themselves.

A lot of the filler in 1999 is pretty decent. I think they're both good.

Like the bit with the cub on Whale Island, and Mito being an adult / babying Killua a bit more and treating him a bit more like a kid. Those were nice things. Plus getting to see Gon wriggle in traumatic pain during his deal with Hisoka and Hanzo in 99 was good too.

>Kurapika is a girl
>Leopika garbage
>Gon's mother is dead
>Comedy not allowed
>Fights with Garbage quality (see uvogin)
>Greed Island beIng QUALITY central
1999 is fucking trash and you should kill yourself for liking it.

>>Kurapika is a girl
>implying she isn't

99 arguably had more comedy than 2011.
Also not even sure what you mean by Kurapika being a girl tbqh. Togashi obviously plays with presenting Kurapika pretty neutrally in his work in general, and Kurapika is pretty much the same across the board.

What's wrong with leopika user? more of a killugon fan?

>Leopika garbage
But that's the best part. For 1999 I could self insert as Leorio. For 2011 I had to self insert as Hisoka which was a bit awkward since I don't really like fighting.

Honestly this. Maybe then we would get less people saying shit like
>why did Gon care so much about a guy he only knew for a bit?
Yeah, I wonder why Gon cared about someone who saved his life, was the only connection to his father he had till then, and taught him a lesson about respecting nature, which became an essential part of his character later.
I wonder why.
Hm...
>Leopika garbage
But this is a point in favor of the 99 version, KilluGon fag.