What Do I Do First?

Just got this bad boy. What do I do first? I'm new.

Can I listen to Syria? What about my wife's Instagram???

Attached: IMG_20180318_165628434.jpg (2952x5248, 3.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/NewScanners/WebHome/BCD436-536HPOM_EN_10182013.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=gJktHcKNzvo
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you'd be much better off asking /k/.

Attached: chomofag.jpg (576x768, 97K)

its a uniden scanner. what you do is scan the frequencies, hit seek and it will search through anything that is in your area and pick up the transmissions. you can google frequencies of everything from your local police station to fire stations, to maintenance people, just enter in the frequencies that they transmit on and then you can pick up the transmissions as long as its not encrypted transmissions.

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/NewScanners/WebHome/BCD436-536HPOM_EN_10182013.pdf

Yo what kinda apps you got on that

I am jelly OP, all i have is a baofeng.
Enjoy

You should have gotten a $40. BaoFeng radio from Amazon. Does more than that thing

Most anything except NXDN radioreference your area or enter your zip code into it.

Police radio is fun to listen too, especially if you're in the city

how to hax0r encrypted transmissions?

youtube.com/watch?v=gJktHcKNzvo

noice 10x

Get a Baofeng and do some real damage.

No. No not even close. Baofeng is nice but this thing is next level. It’s the only way to listen to many modern digital broadcasts.

$20 off Aliexpress.

You're not listening in on anything truly modern. Trunked systems sure, but they're fucking ancient tech these days.

put the long shaft bit up yer arse

i have 3 of these

Attached: baofeng.jpg (750x644, 98K)

OP has a walkie-talkie! Hes the baddest mother fucker in his village.

Jam it in your rectum and snap the antenna off.

All the good police frequencies are restricted here in canuckistan. Everything else is eehhh.

Get a ham radio.

In bc yes. Not the rest of the country.

Toronto is locked off. But the firefighter frequency is open, so is the ambulance and since all 3 arrive when someone calls 911, you can kind of deduce what happens most of the time. The police frequency is usually coordinated with ETF most of the time so I guess that's why it got locked off.

But in all honesty, Hamilton and Waterloo police freqs are open and they're hilarious. Just crackheads fighting or stealing or domestic disturbances, and all peppered with "SUSPECT MALE BLACK IN HOODIE"

>Get a ham radio
save your money: websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

First you go back to /diy/ or Sup Forums

But awesome scanner!

Attached: b5b855dcf6eb45d5ba48ceaeefd0a4c0.jpg (1285x1255, 502K)

what is the best possible aftermarket antenna I could put on this thing?

Digital doesn't mean encrypted.

There is both encrypted and nonencrypted digital.

But there are departments that use pretty damn strong encryption where you better be one of the worlds top hackers and much equippment.

Attached: boris2.jpg (500x209, 56K)

What Baofeng lets you listen to P25 1 or 2, or Tier 3 DMR?

Attached: motobao.jpg (1425x666, 124K)

be careful! i had one of these and Q-user hacked it. SHUT IT DOWN right?
praise keck
digits if sage!

>7(11)8
check!!

Uv-5R is meh. It's advantage is it's open ended frequency bandwidth.

The UV-B5/6 and UV-5X3 are better performers as far as Baofeng/Pofungs/Retevis/Betechs go.

What frequencies do you want to listen to?

We have a tyrant running the Schuylkill County Pennsylvania system.

Everything is encrypted including on scene fire comms.

I really feel bad for fire fighters being stuck with a pre-9-11esque radio system run by a paranoid tyrant.

Attached: pa_censors.png (319x240, 50K)

Scrolled too far for this. Sup Forums is slipping.

what is that?

are thse legal?

tfw my sheriff's dept. uses encrypted radio that cost tax payers millions and now we can't listen to them.

Enter your zip code
Read the manual

Yes
They probably have 5+ MRAPS too

Now they can't get your help for Be On The Lookout.

No more telling them the stolen vehicle is in front of you in traffic.

Attached: side_car.jpg (360x326, 32K)

Right now they still are, soon maybe not....99% of the trunked systems for police stations are all digitally encrypted and extremely hard to crack.

mfw i felt like a badass back in the 90s, listening to people's cordless phones @49mhz, mob conversations @800mhz on the large cell brick phones while they were in blacked out limos,my local police dept, the fbi, the us marshals, drug raids by the d.e.a. fuck there goes my entertainment.

Handy Baofeng Comparison

Attached: 1478412231748.jpg (1780x1523, 528K)

mfw the people in this thread dont know the difference between a transciever and a scanner.

If that can transmit on aviation frequencies, don't do it. Police do get involved

DUM NIGGER ITS A SCANNER! IT DOESNT TRANSMIT, IT RECEIVES!

>if that can
>if that
>if
Who's the dumb nigger now you faggot lel

hey boludo, what do you use it for?

Have the same scanner...enter zipcode and start scanning

Why did you even consider it? IT DOESNT FUCKING TRANSMIT. Its not a "TRANSCEIVER"

What is Baofeng?

Attached: asianworldonline.blogspot.com - Japanese Cameltoe in a Swimsuit 003.jpg (960x1280, 567K)

Boludo your mother pelotudo

This is a baofeng

Attached: BaoFeng-UV-5R-Walkie-Talkie-Professional-CB-Radio-Baofeng-UV5R-Transceiver-128CH-5W-VHF-UHF-Handheld (640x640, 168K)

basically a walkie talkie only 10x more poweful, MUCH bigger range of Receive and Transmit frequencies, can be used to talk to repeaters, has removable antennas and you can use your own designed antennas and is very cheap - $20 for a single radio.
>Downsides
not digital
poor battery life with standard battery
scans frequencies very slowly

>if
Your nigger is showing

no bully bro.
real talk, what do you listen to?

Cool shit, thanks

Attached: 1555325_10151962614267833_1564478053_n.jpg (790x960, 85K)

Skull-kill?? What kind of a place is that?!

Huh?

Standard battery is OK.

Like any other li-ion it loses some of its span after a couple years.

Tricky thing with the extended batteries is finding one that actually has more power and doesn't have weights as filler.

Attached: baofeng_ukraine_2.jpg (800x624, 172K)

No it isn't legal for you to listen to tiny vibrations in the air

you know what's even cooler? A radio with which you can transmit your signal to ionosphere and talk to people several thousand miles away. The HF radios. Used to be only stationary, but they have mobile equipment now, even though it's quite bulky and expensive ($300+). Pic related is one of them.

Also you can use CB radio (27 MHz) and try it out during the summer. No need for license for CB, just make sure you have a good antenna and know the sun's cycles, temperature of ionosphere etc. Very good hobby.

Attached: IMG_8403.jpg (530x487, 49K)

There is a battery case on amazon, which you can buy separately. In that case you can insert AA batteries (I think 6 of them). If you get 2000 mAh rechargeable batteries with a 2000 cycle life you will have a 12 000 mAh battery for just one single radio vs standard 1800 mAh or what have you battery. The latter serves me for 2-3 days at most (shitty chinese batteries) the former will last for you MUCH longer without taking too much space.

THAT MEANS I CAN FINALLY REACH THIS JAP HOE THAT GHOSTED ME THROUGH LINE APP

Attached: sensei-wallpaper-zetsubo-20wallpaper-background-zetsubou-chiri-images-20sayonara.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

It's a great hobby, it just gets really expensive once you go into HF territory and scanners/communication readers. So if you have the money go for it. Also forgot to mention another good thing about this hobby
>no women on air
>almost no nigs on air
It's a true man's hobby.

Get two baofengs and find a hot survivalist girl to practice radioing. Pic not related.

Attached: baofeng1.jpg (768x1024, 126K)

I see you installed two extra antennas in her pelvis - nice

No much really, I don`t have the frecuencies of the police, only thing I can listen is the taxis and that is not interesting.
I mainly use it to go to the countryside and talk to friends when we go to shoot.
You can get them for like $1000 in Mercado libre.

Attached: Ballester Molina 22LR.jpg (418x258, 106K)

What is that and should i get one?

Learn some freaky deaky Dutch.

Attached: ned.png (2000x1333, 13K)

what is the best aftermarket antenna for the Uniden unit?

for PD, FD, CHP

For CHP you want to use a low band VHF or CB radio antenna.

I have no idea what frequency your locals are on.

can you suggest a model for this newbie

meh, not even camo

im a complete radio noob how do I know if I can listen to anything fun in my country? I mean police/firestation/etc. Theres a website for it but only lists stuff from other countries

I have this and a few other unidens. The things I fucking hate about this model:
-initially shipped with a fucked up internal battery
-cant recharge and listen at the same time
-cant scan normally and search for TGIDs
-sensitivity isn't all that great