Retail stores are closing left and right in my town

>retail stores are closing left and right in my town
>one of the only few promising jobs people are talking about is working in Amazon's new warehouse
What the fuck is the job market going to look like in the near future?

Attached: toys_r_us_store_closing-1518015369-9454.jpg (800x600, 121K)

Over 80% of US retail is brick and mortar. They’re just shit businesses that haven’t innovated.

>What the fuck is the job market going to look like in the near future?
It's going to mean cheap goods for everyone

AutoFac is the future. Then terminator.

OH NO! STABLES ARE CLOSING LEFT AND RIGHT!
STABLEBOYS WILL HAVE TO WORK IN A FACTORY NOW!

The market always adjusts, dying industries and models should not be propped up
Fuck luddites that never want anything to change

Attached: rq31dqsbsu601.jpg (960x1280, 178K)

>What the fuck is the job market going to look like in the near future?

Amazon, just Amazon

Don't you worry your silly little head about all that sweetie, just think about all those low low prices!

Well when people no longer have jobs they'll no longer be able to buy things, including from Amazon. Amazon's market share will shrink and other businesses will move back in. It's just a big cycle. Amazon today is the Walmart of the 2000's

This...

>They’re just shit businesses that haven’t innovated.

How many local stores in your area try to lure you in with the whole "shop local" bullshit, so you can feel good about supporting small business, bla bla bla.

Yes, I'm going to pay more money to you, just so you can open your store rather than click an Amazon Prime order, get it for two bucks cheaper two days later without leaving the house.

I patronize a few local businesses because they offer the products I want, at the prices I want to pay, and have good customer service.

We have perfectly secure global trade upon which all of society relies. If you even suggest to a normie the possibility that the global trade network could fail, even temporarily, even with photographic evidence from Venezuela, they treat you like a crazy person.
In 200 AD, the Romans also had a perfectly secure global trade network upon which everyone relied. From the peak of Roman power, it only took about five hundred years for humanity to essentially cease trading and universally adopt self-sufficient manorialism, and that was without cars, the Internet or cellphones.

>The market always adjusts

How is this meme still alive? There's a large population of workers who never got those new jobs and have been unemployed for decades. Of course new jobs do exist but now they're often positions that can only ever be filled by the top 10-20% of the population

who the fuck calls retail a "job" lmfao retard

Redpill: Joe, dick, and Harry down the street would sell this entire country to China to get 2$ off their order of Shit brand SHIT they didn't even need in the first place. This is why we need forced nationalism.

I'm sure Toy R Us put small toy stores out of business at some point too.

Attached: 1516593241069.png (337x293, 92K)

>>one of the only few promising jobs people are talking about is working in Amazon's new warehouse

i moved to london to live in a shoebox because an amazon warehouse was the only place i could find a "proper" job back where I lived.

Hold up, let people move to where they want to be first, then sure, do whatever you want with the countries that are left and the people that are left. And I also suggest summing this up to people in a way that isn't scary but exciting. "How about you fuck off to another country that you're always wanted to live in because you can do ∆ there?" ...yeah, wait. Idk if that would work on everyone.

>the only place left is half automated

Jesus this is looking dire.

I'm honesty glad a lot of these stores and companies are going out of business, especially toysRus.
>Overpriced crap nobody wants
>Braindead employees, usually niggers, that can barely read or speak english effectively, let alone give you any useful info
>long af lines because the place is understaffed for whatever reason

Fuck all of these retail companies

This, my mom designed clothes in the 80s-90s and our family employed many people. Stores wouldn't buy her American made products because they could get something .25$ cheaper from Mexico. No more family business, no more American businesses that aren't selling foreign crap.

Embrace the dystopia frens.

Attached: ello.png (344x540, 429K)

Reminds me of when Blockbuster put a lot of mom'n'pop video stores out of business, and then went under itself years later. Sayonara, baby, nice knowin ya.

True, its a shame with Toys R Us because that was a big part of my childhood but I genuienly don't understand why they didn't invest more heavily in a robust online system.

It was clearly going to be the future and it was a lucrative stable industry since kids will always want toys and Amazon have a shit interface for toys. They could have had a niche of allowing you to view in store and buy online or have more detailed online displays like 3D models of the toys etc so they would dominate the online toy industry. Instead they just let Amazon walk all over them

As retarded as this sounds Toys R Us should have bought and resold used toys thats the only strategy keeping certain obsolete companies like gamestop and Barnes and noble around.

I don't give a flying fuck. I have a stable engineering job. That's all that matters.

Get good.

The prices aren't even low. There is almost always a site selling the same thing for less. The issue is that people are too lazy to find it and have already committed to Amazon prime.

There was no other major change in efficiency that made Amazon relevant compared to the competition. Its exclusively because people have been duped into prepaying for their shipping.

Attached: 5641684.jpg (1024x737, 164K)

Don't by things with money you don't have