Cardcaptor Sakura scanned in 4k

Are you ready for TV cel animation in 4K, Sup Forums?
youtu.be/IWLYyLFy-2c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQjCFvaNwJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ-xF5JiCbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4UE5GA1QB9I
youtube.com/watch?v=wIFDyKN_Nqo
youtube.com/watch?v=XR3JyyEx11s
frozen-wings.net/ccs/main.php?page=information/differences
youtube.com/watch?v=PH6PZlLoZk4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At this point it's going to take years until UHD Blu-ray anime rips are going to appear. There's still no universal UHD disc ripping solution. HDMI captures are for faggots.

Fun fact. There has never in the history of anime been a better OP than platinum. It wont ever be topped. Ever

youtube.com/watch?v=UQjCFvaNwJQ

>0:26
>200% Sakura

>little girl just standing still
>good
I think you need to watch more OP's

200% Sakura a cute

>4K anime is here
>It starts with Sakura

Best timeline.

>standing still

she is clearly doing typical girl stuff

There at least are two UHD anime releases already, Your name and some gundam.

>Fun fact. There has never in the history of anime been a better OP than platinum. It wont ever be topped. Ever
>youtube.com/watch?v=UQjCFvaNwJQ

How CAN you top Maaya Sakamoto's singing and Yoko Kanno's arrangement?

Guess I've finally got an excuse to watch this

Catch you catch me is way better

I love this thread.

So they fucked with the color grading while they were at it. I'm getting flashbacks to the Eva BD fiasco.

500GB Sephirotic UHD release when?

I have been wondering but why isn't there a rip for Gundam Thunderbolt in 4k? Can those not be ripped yet?

Your name is a HDMI capture, not a real rip. Basically for non-technical people there's only DeUHD which supports only select discs and they only add western releases. Some scene groups can rip all discs they want but they won't share their method and they aren't interested in anime too.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the coloring on the 4K version? It looks too slick and the 90s grain has disappeared. Details and feeling are lost on this one.

the ED is the best
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ-xF5JiCbQ

>he hasnt watched the best anime ever

I watched the dub here and there back with my cousin when we were kids, and I remember her having toys, like the wand, as well as the spellbook with the cards, but that's it. Same with Sailor Moon. Same with Inuyasha.

there are 2 dubs friend

1 of them is really good and one of them is the one they showed on american tv that gutted HALF of the show and renamed characters and removed alot of the plot.

I suggest if you want to watch the dub you find the canadian one and not the 4kidz one where everyone has american names.

That or watch the japanese version. either way make sure you watch "card captor sakura" and not "cardcaptors"

Sounds like a J-POP song

youtube.com/watch?v=4UE5GA1QB9I
Yeah, it was this version. I really don't remember much about it aside from the opening though.

Is the Aussie dub any good? Is it 100% faithful?

Pretty hype theme for a shit show

Ya that is the shitty one. I suggest you start watching the real version. You are in for a real treat. Not exaggerating when I say it's a completely different show

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see much of a difference

>4k
Meaning rips never.

hoeeeh

madhouse will fuck it up won't it?
i just know it will

>$400 for the BD box
I kinda want it, but I am also broke. I never buy anime but I can make an exception for Sakura.

I HATE IT

Sadly this no one will rip it.

Who gives a shit? They obviously destroyed the coloring. Even Sakura's eyes go from green to blue.

>Remaster is oversaturated to hell and people are complaining about the 4k scan fixing it

>not wanting 200% Sakura

>oversaturation is bad
Are you even 90s?

no its the same one from america that was garbage

watch this if you must watch a dub

youtube.com/watch?v=wIFDyKN_Nqo

Fuck off. The warm and vibrant colours will always be better.

How did the colors look worse on this new scan?

holy shit, they tried really hard to make it look like a "boys show"

they removed like half the episodes its pretty bad. there are writeups on what they did in totality to the show to "localize it" its pretty amazing

For example sakura is from missouri

Going by the opening and your description, it sounds like some 4kids tier shit.
Did any cigarettes become lolipops?

They failed really badly
Because even as a kid, I could tell the show was about Sakura.

compare with the other dub
youtube.com/watch?v=XR3JyyEx11s
they replaced the BGM with cheesy 90s shit and Sakura sounds like a 40 year old woman

Reminder that the first UHD rip was the fucking Smurfs 2

She's from Missouri?

what they did to the show is incredible. Here read about it here.

I dunno if they removed any riceballs and replaced them with hamburgers

frozen-wings.net/ccs/main.php?page=information/differences

I believe in the show "cardcaptors" sakura kinimoto is called "sakura avalon" and she lives in missouri and they literally just ditched tomokos name entirely and call her "madison taylor"

Yeah, it doesn't look quite right to me either. It seems real washed out.

Look like they just warpsharp().maa2().bilinearresize(width()*2, height()*2) the footage.

>They changed it from this

youtube.com/watch?v=PH6PZlLoZk4

I'm so grateful to have grown up with unbutchered versions of anime.

My God....

Bumo

Is it okay to lewd Sakura?

She turned tens of thousands of boys and men into lolicons. She's a semen demon.

The first movie is pretty meh

It's not going to be released in 4k sadly, just like how Belladonna of Sadness was rescanned in 4k but still was only put out in 1080. UHD BDs are still years off. One episode at 4k in high quality would be like 80 gigs minimum.

I can't wait for the 1000GB coalgirls rip.

Sakura vs Sailor Moon which is better and why?

Cardcaptor Sakura was the first anime I actively sought out on VHS. I'm happy about this.

sakura because it has interesting villians of the week and they mold it well into the slice of life stuff

the entire story is lightyears ahead of sailor moon.

Sephirotic rip please

>Sephirotic
Wow, can't believe you fell for his meme.

Sailor Moon is funnier and overall more entertaining I think but it also has lower lows. Sakura is a higher quality production. Both can get pretty boring sometimes

I will literally need a new HDD for his

All CCS vocal songs are jpop

bds were good enough and now it's even better

>had this stuck in my head for 10+ years without knowing what it was
truly the GOAT

Sakura is far better in my opinion. Better art, characters, emotional impact, etc.

Sailor Moon is still nice when its doing SoL stuff though.

>people eating it up because of shittaste
Just like the new manga. Truly we live in the worst timeline. Now people will watch the 4K shit instead of a proper encode just because they don't know any better. Why can't japan hire some competent people?

Why does she smile like that?

Maybe her butt hurts?

>4K shit instead of a proper encode
Come on now.
Really.

From what?

Today I will remind them

Nigger, he has a point, the BRs originally werent a 100% perfect for 2008, but cmon now, you dont know about the Bloatgirls Bullshit?

their encodes were adultered with stationary grain removal and color oversaturation.

Madison is a cuck?
Also, Tori and Kero are voiced by Tony Sampson and Matt Hill both from EEnE

>people will say the old one looks better

What's a good encode smart guy? I might give it a rewatch.

>madison
>tori

NIGGER WATCH THE ACTUAL SHOW

It's the worst out of the three in it's own series. People only like it because of the visuals. Sounds like it was mixed inside of a cardboard box and the singer isn't very experienced. Also sounds very generic unlike the other two and tragically abandons the musical theme of the first two OPs.

you are retarded and your opinion is wrong

Now you know Matt Hill lives Cali now and it's possible we might here him again as Kero.

Then I'll thin it down to what's objective:
>Much less experienced mixing than first two
>Singer makes mistakes that ended up on the studio recording unlike first two
>Abandons instrument/composition themes the first two shared
It's liked because it has very good visual accompaniment and was played during a very emotional and beloved part of Cardcaptor Sakura but as for being a bare song it's below average as far as anime openings go. Listen to the full versions of Platinum and Tobira wo Akate one after the other with headphones if you want a personal impartial lesson in singer/composer/mixer quality.

>bloatgirls bullshit
A hatred perpetuated by the people with shit internet. I for one live in a first world country and did the comparisons myself.

Personally I prefer grain removal when I can get it.

The fuck? It's looks like overfiltered,washed out shit. Are Cherryboyz doing the remaster?

Are you guys retarded?

Does this show still hold up for anyone who isn't a little girl? Worth a watch?

No Madison is a normal heterosexual girl.
The cuck is pic-related.

It's very good and pure.

It's good if you can get into long episodic children's shows. If you're not sure just give it a try and stop if you get bored

im 27 and the shit was amazing

>I prefer grain removal
How about you remove yourself?

Looks like a shit movie made by a pedo. Look at that awful shading. Wouldn't watch something that looks that terrible. I have standards.

Did they have the Lee Julian rivalry in the Japanese version?

Lee is a naruto character