We could be enjoying a new Shaman King series RIGHT NOW, with modern animation techniques and an entirely new OST...

We could be enjoying a new Shaman King series RIGHT NOW, with modern animation techniques and an entirely new OST, and new voice actors too! But we aren't. You know why? Because Takei's a fag. Fuck Takei.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2C6hkLLSHEk
youtube.com/watch?v=Zt609C9wWDQ
youtu.be/Zt609C9wWDQ
youtu.be/ml3XpY3VD10
youtube.com/watch?v=QIHxMiSUHQE
patch-cafe.net/?p=2956
youtube.com/watch?v=nL-W1M0A05Q
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/シャーマンキング
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kids show

no more than shit like naruto, one piece of DBS

I remember this back when I was a kid.

> shonen
No shit

i wish flowers didn't get shitcanned

Who cares? It wasn't even a unique show...or good for that matter.

You literally have to have double digit shit taste to think Shaman King was worth praise and not being outright ignored for not adding anything of value to the medium.

Didn't the magazine get canceled?

It was shit, who cares.

Why? Flowers was fucking garbage that shit on the original every chance it got.

The execution of the manga was unique but it wasn't any good

I'd rather it didn't have a new series if that means Hayashibara isn't voicing Anna.

>Hayashibara
But she's dead.

>tfw we'll never get to watch why Yoh was the worst half of Hao

Seriously, Hao wanted revenge for filthy ignorant peasants killing his mother. Yoh just wanted to outright kill everyone because they annoyed him but only didn't because Bob Marley spoke to his soul.

Flowers was fujoshit pandering and with a hidden Jap nationalist agenda with the whole Zero pilot bullshit.

Yoh is a real piece of shit.

Why didn't they made Hao listen to Bob Marley?

>double digit shit taste

Bob Marley was born 1000 years after Hao went crazy.

Why the ghosts designs were so cool?

I like how the ending didn't was Hao losing but instead just everyone telling him that he could be the better person. It`s pretty unique.

If it worked on Yoh, it could work on him.

Except he doesn't become a better person.

Hao already got his revenge, but kept shitting on humans and shamans alike in the most hypocritical way possible, even though there's people that went through worse things than him.

I actually love the original ost and legit listen to it everyday for years because it's nostalgic and really cool.

Would still want a remake but I relate to Takei wanting the ost back. Don't understand the hate though. It was a fun series with good characters and development. I enjoyed it. Flowers wasn't as good but I was interested cause Hana grew on me and I wanted to see more Hao (and loving how badass my waifu Tamao became)

Did he mean he wanted the same soundtrack composer back, or did he want literally the same tracks used for the remake? If it's the latter, that's pretty retarded.

The latter and yeah it's a dumb reason. I can only imagine he really loved the ost, it's the sound of the series that's become identified with it. He also wanted the original va's back which isn't possible. And since it was Anna it's probably unlikely to ever happen. That's his insert waifu

Takei was right. Makin without the original cast would be a bust.

Here have Lyserg's beautiful theme with some superb acting/direction from the original anime that almost makes forgive XEBEC for turning Lyserg into a faggot edgelord just because of how well it is directed
youtube.com/watch?v=2C6hkLLSHEk

>Yoh worst half of Hao
No. Yoh is far better. One of the best characters in Jump history and one of the reasons Mankin is so good.

>Zero pilot bullshit
That was the only good part from Flowers. It's based on an older oneshot of his called "Death Zero".
What was bad about Flowers was that it shit all over the original cast Chrono Cross style and that it was practically unneeded.

"CAPITALISM IS EVIL LMAO

BUY MY MANGA BTW"

-Takei

>Yoh and Anna take their baby son to a fucking battlefield and get killed by a helicopter
>Ren's wife gets killed and her skeleton and soul are used by a shitty bitchy villain
>Chocolove willingly goes to jail
>Ryu is a washout loser

What happened to HoroHoro? He isn't even referenced?

That's stupid. If you get the same composer back, you can get the same style and feeling while simultaneously making new tracks. Hell, throw in some remade or remixed old tracks for the sake of nostalgia, and you're done.

The thing with the VA can't be helped. But I didn't watch it with japanese voices, so I personally don't care. I can see why some people would be bothered, though.

Weren't Yoh and Hao voiced by female VAs? I would have liked them to have more manly voices.

>Hao wanted revenge for filthy ignorant peasants killing his mother.
He got his revenge when he was a kid.
The reason he wanted to kill humanity is because the Reishi turned him insane from all of the depressive dark human thoughts that wandered through his mind that were out of his control.

Hao doesn't want to kill humans because of revenge. He legit wants to kill them because he thinks they're harmful to the planet, so in his mind he's doing the correct thing.

Yoh thinks more-or-less the same thing about humanity but his approach is different. He wants to fix the problems in a peaceful way and believes that love is the answer which is why he is superior to Hao.
The message of the series is Love and Yoh's selfess character represent it.

You have to be very intelligent and wise to grasp Mankin's message and it's beautiful poetic message. Something you nu-male-ish mind cannot ever hope to comprehend.

>What happened to HoroHoro?
He turned into a neet

As for Chocolove that was established in the Kanzenban ending but it sucks that he still hasn't served his time completely after so long.

If Yoh was Shaman King he'd probably end up annihilating humans after some hundred years.

She's still voicing Haibara in Conan

> deny the chance of your manga becoming relevant again because muh ost, muh va
Most people that watched SK as kids are grown ups now, it's the perfect time for a remake.

That's on autopilot.

Hao hates humans because they kill and destroy everything. But Hao kills people left and right, makes everyone miserable, and is arguably worse than the people he claims to be fighting against. At least the anime bothered to call him out on it, but the manga unironically agreed with him.

The message wasn't love, it was clearly misanthropy. They fixed nothing in the end.

This is stupid. Bob Marley or not Yoh would have always been Yoh.

>Except he doesn't become a better person.
Except he does. The fact that he still hasn't nuked the world in the Epilogue says it all.

The fact that Ohachiyo says that Hao returned to the "kid with the pure heart" he knew before says it all. I can't believe it's been 8 years since the kanzenban ending and people still wanna insist that Hao didn't change just because he didn't do a complete reversal of his character on the spot. The message was that peace isn't granted and that you have to work for it.

Face it Yoh got through to Hao and metaphorically he won.
FACT, END OF DISCUSSION.

Come on, I can't imagine Mankin without
youtube.com/watch?v=Zt609C9wWDQ

Also it wasn't just the OST but also the voice cast.

>Weren't Yoh and Hao voiced by female VAs? I would have liked them to have more manly voices.
Dub fag please go
The voices for Yoh and Hao were perfect

Hao never gave up on destroying humans, he just delayed it. And is such a shitty end to have all of humanity and living beings at the mercy of some petty bitch.

>The fact that Ohachiyo says that Hao returned to the "kid with the pure heart" he knew before says it all.
> Falling for blatant lip service

Either do it right or don't fucking do it at all.
They can't use the same music and same VA's? Give me a fucking break dude. It's not like he's asking for 24fps animation here jesus fuck.

>But Hao kills people left and right, makes everyone miserable, and is arguably worse than the people he claims to be fighting against. At least the anime bothered to call him out on it, but the manga unironically agreed with him.
Kill yourself you filthy speedreader.

I watched the superior spanish dub, where they had manly voices. I was actually disappointed they sounded like little kids in japanese.

First can fixed by bringing back the same composer. Second is not that relevant as long as they get the same feeling as the previous VA. VA changes are not that rare in the industry.

He would probably kill them accidentally for sure and then he'd revive them saying "haha sorry guys my bad :D" but no he wouldn't really kill them.

>First can fixed by bringing back the same composer.
But the original composer mostly composed the BGM. The iconic vocal songs weren't from him.

I don't see what's so hard about these retarded anime companies to just contact King Records and get permission to re-use the old stuff, I really don't.

But the worst part is undoubtedly the VA cast. I'm sorry but you don't just replace VA's like Megumi Hayashibara, Romi Paku, Yuko Sato, Minami Takayama etc.

What happened? Why did you suddenly go quiet when I replied here ?
Doesn't suit your agenda does it?

I would love new tracks by the same composers. Remixes of silent weapon and Brave Heart are at the top of my list

youtu.be/Zt609C9wWDQ
youtu.be/ml3XpY3VD10

Hao can also hear everyone's thoughts all the time. Imagine hearing everyone's petty insecurities, and fears, and radical murder fantasies, and all the other garbage thoughts that pop up in people's heads. In the end Hao ended up not rapturing humanity to hell and gave Yoh and crew a chance to prove them worth saving.

Then Flowers went pessimistic and pretty much showed that they failed, miserably. Which I appreciate. Life doesn't go the way you want it, god like spiritual powers or not.

>superior spanish dub
top kek

>I was actually disappointed they sounded like little kids in japanese.
They are literally 13 years old you dumb spic

Anna was my first waifu. Anime was shit, manga was fucking amazing.

That said, I'd kill for a proper adaptation along the lines of HunterxHunter

>not posting the superior version of Silent Weapon
youtube.com/watch?v=QIHxMiSUHQE

Also they have to get the rights to use the music to be able to remix it in the first place

Good. I don't want to risk finding out one of my favorite childhood shows was actually garbage. Not again.

It's not hard to emulate or even reuse the same tracks, but it's undoubtedly stupid to doom an entire production because of it when there's other alternatives that are just as good. Besides, SK is an old series, I doubt anyone outside of its niche fanbase would care.

> I'm sorry but you don't just replace VA's like Megumi Hayashibara, Romi Paku, Yuko Sato, Minami Takayama
I don't care about either of these, but it's your opinion anyways.

That's nothing. I don't even know what are you arguing there anymore.

>Hao ended up not rapturing humanity to hell and gave Yoh and crew a chance to prove them worth saving.
Incorrect. It's the other way around. Yoh is the one who saved Hao. It took 1000 years but somebody finally saved Hao.

Flowers sucked and was unneeded. He just killed a bunch of the original cast for shock effect and constantly shat on the original series. It was just a cynical piece of shit that contained none of the charm of the original whatsoever.

In the original even at it's most cynical and dark parts there's a reason for that. It's to challenge Yoh to see if he will ever drift from his path. Yoh's mindset is constantly challenged throughout the series to the point where even half of his team has some doubts about him and there's hostility from Team The Ren...especially from that hothead Horohoro.
And throughout the manga I agreed with Yoh's viewpoint and could notice how he was suffered more and more as the series went on and the fact that he never changes his mind and is able to prevail against all odds is what makes him such an amazing character.

Kids start breaking their voices earlier than that. Not a good excuse to sound like a 5 year old.

You literally fucking said that the manga didn't call him out on his "hipocrisy" when it fucking did.
In fact that's one of the biggest points of the manga. Hao is basically Yoh gone severely wrong.

At no point do any of the other shamans agree with Hao's methods.

The problem is that Hao's ideology is hypocritical and the narrative agrees with him.

Hao is not the first mind-reader type of villain, you know. And his curse is definitely not an excuse for all the terrible shit he pulls on people that had nothing to do with his misery. If you were making an explanation as to why is he like that, that's okay, but in no way makes for a sob story for a character that was responsible for making people miserable. The fact that he remains unrepentant to the very end makes it all worse.

They're japs and it's anime...one with a very cartoony art style at that.
Either way their voices suit their personalities very well(would argue it gives Hao an edge too since he looks so pretty like a girl that the kind of girlish tone he has in his 13 year old body gives him an unsettling vibe).

In a case of a remake though, if they were to faithfully replicate the original art from the manga I'd tell Yoh's VA to sound a bit more energetic in the early parts since the art in the early manga is quite more energetic and Yoh is overall more energetic too but that's about it.

>I don't care about either of these
The nips do, the ones who really matter not burgers or spics

Can people stop this "Hao needs saving" bullshit? He's not a victim. He caused his own doom himself, and actively shits on people that had nothing to do with his problems. Since when reading minds is a good excuse to go genocide on the human race? And is not as if he's not conscious of what he's doing, because he is.

Stop treating him as he's some helpless victim that can't help his own shittiness, because he isn't. His own fucking mother tells him to let it go already, and if that's all he took to make him go back to his senses, then his problems weren't that helpless after all.

>I doubt anyone outside of its niche fanbase would care.
Mankin is big in Japan.
A piece of shit like Flowers was the best seller in its magazine.
And it's been stated before but Takei is friends with these actors/singers(like Hayashibara for example) so he rejected it out of respect for them.

Never, ever.

>At no point do any of the other shamans agree with Hao's methods.
Wasn't nearly every other antagonist a Hao worshipper?

Flowers does suck. It was fun as a one shot but as a manga I really just wanted to know where it was going and what points were trying to be made. I don't mind the previous cast getting burned if the new cast proved to be a worthwhile investment(so far it's not), seems like we will never know. I could keep reading it just for Gundam design references alone though, Takei's style appeals to me so much.

Not after he admitted he'll be doing selective culling for the New World Order, including most of the followers.

>He caused his own doom himself
So did Chocolove you retard. I see your intelligence is low.
And before you go
"B-but Chocolove did jail time so at least he got punished for it"
That doesn't compare to Hao basically suffering for 1000 years. Hao continually reviving to try to become king/getting betrayed/being alone for 1000 years was pretty much his punishment because he couldn't stop his hatred.

Yoh freed his soul from that hatred and Hao's spirit was finally able to rest.
Pic related when Sati asks Hao why he's still so unhappy when he finally achieved his objective of becoming "Shaman King" should have been a clue but your speedreading ass is too dumb.

You're too retarded to understand spirituality/religion.

Yeah, but VA changes are not uncommon, specially in the case of old series.

And SK has fallen into obscurity in past years, I doubt the general public, outside of the faithful fans, would actually care. If it was a more recent show, yeah, they would, but it's so old I doubt it.

>And it's been stated before but Takei is friends with these actors/singers(like Hayashibara for example) so he rejected it out of respect for them.
Source for this? I haven't seen this anywhere.

>The problem is that Hao's ideology is hypocritical and the narrative agrees with him.
Nope
Kill yourself
Just admit it. You just wanted Hao dead and you didn't give a shit about the message of the series because you're a typical shonenfag.

>Hao never gave up on destroying humans, he just delayed it
Not true, considering he still didn't kill them by the time of the epilogue.
As Ohachiyo pointed out in chapter 299 Hao had reverted to the pure hearted kid he knew as a kid as pointed here .

Hao is mostly just blowing smoke after that but the words he says afterwards are just there to make it clear to the main cast that you don't get to be lazy and get peace nilly willy.

Hao was bent on annihilating humans until his mom came and slapped him in front of everyone. If his mom literally slapping some sense onto him was all it took to make his 1000 years of hatred come to a halt, then he's not a helpless victim of his own hatred after all. It shows he could have stopped any time if he wanted to, but didn't.

Yeah, Hao suffered, so did other people and they didn't go murder on everyone. Suffering isn't, and will never be a good excuse to be a piece of shit. Other people suffer as much, if not more, and they still remain decent at the very least.

>Source for this?
It's common knowledge. He was very involved with the first anime too.
They recently appeared together on a TV show patch-cafe.net/?p=2956

Also Hayashibara did this song based on the Osorezan Revoir arc/poem as a celebration for SK Flowers
youtube.com/watch?v=nL-W1M0A05Q

>Not true, considering he still didn't kill them by the time of the epilogue.
This is Shaman King, where death stopped having some weight long ago. Hao is fucking god, he can do whatever he wants.

Narrative-wise, Hao just can't kill everyone outright in Flowers because, you know, the manga would end right then and there. And Flowers is supposed to be a continuation. It just can't end that fast.

>Hao had reverted to the pure hearted kid he knew as a kid as pointed here
Lip service.

>Wasn't nearly every other antagonist a Hao worshipper?
Not really. X-Laws were hardly Hao worshippers.
And his team confronts him inside the Great Spirit
The most memorable being the one from Tepes Dracula who says "Wasn't the Shaman Kingdom supposed to be on Earth?"
And Luchist even dares say that Hao can't beat him as he is now and asks him to send everyone back.

>Takei's style appeals to me so much.
Honestly I don't like his new style that much(well I'm on and off about it for Nekogahara but hated it in Flowers). Too sharp and pointy.

I miss early mankin style.

Yeah, too bad the rest of the manga doesn't follow up in it.

>It's common knowledge

>Doesn't have a source.

Just because everyone believes it doesn't mean it's true. I mean I never heard of the rumor and I've read through SK threads before.

I never mentioned Flowers. I said the epilogue.
After 1000 years if Hao did a full reversal on the spot that wouldn't have been believable. The fact that Hao reconsidered in the first place is a major achievement and considering 7 years had passed since that event and the world was safe it's pretty much safe to assume that Hao had mellowed with time. Naturally after 1000 years he'd need some time to swallow the fact that his mindset was wrong all along.

Reminder that this is all Pre-Flowers and back then Takei never planned for a sequel. In fact Flowers only happened because the Nip fans demanded it so much(they just couldn't fucking let it go) so you can take a hike with that all the Flowers bullcrap.

>Hao was bent on annihilating humans until his mom came and slapped him in front of everyone.
Bullshit
Posting the moment where Hao's mind truly changed.

Fuck you. You're not going to ruin this series for anyone you typical battle shonen fag.
Go back to your DBSuper general.

Are you stupid?

You can enjoy a series while also being conscious of its flaws. Nothing is perfect. I mean I also like SK and it's my fucking childhood, but I'm not about being in denial about its obvious failings and shortcomings. I think Hao, as a character, wasn't handled very well towards the end, and the overall message was thrown to the side a bit in favor of the misanthropy and pessimism. I don't know what happened to Takei before the hiatus, but I much liked early SK better than the whole human hating bonerfest.

>Yeah, too bad the rest of the manga doesn't follow up in it.
Except they fucking do. Even his team fucking confronts him in the Great Spirit.
Nobody agrees with Hao's methods that's why everybody gathers in front of him in the Great Spirit.

>You can enjoy a series while also being conscious of its flaws.
Yeah Mankin has flaws but the final arc isn't one of them nor is Hao's character or the message of the series.

If you want to point at flaws look no further than the Oyamada Mansumi arc. That shit was such a mess and in fact Manta's dad is like the one mankin character I truly dislike. I would have been happy to see Spirit of Fire consume that piece of shit.

> Let's forgive and save the character that is completely unrepentant of his actions and may or may not obliterate us in any moment if he feels like it
> But yeah he was right, humans are trash and this world is doomed, fuck humanity
> Buy my manga, love, Takei

>Yeah Mankin has flaws but the final arc isn't one of them nor is Hao's character or the message of the series.

>Let's forgive and save the character that is completely unrepentant of his actions
The whole point of the series and the whole point of Yoh's character since the beginning you fucking speedreading cunt

If Yoh just killed Hao it would go against his character. Shaman King is religion themed. Religion is all about saving and shit

It isn't though. It's not the manga's fault that your IQ is low.

> it's a "hitler has killed millions but he's in pain so we have to save him" episode
I know it'd be out of character, but forgiving people doesn't always solve everything. And whether people repent from their actions or even seek forgiveness plays a huge part on that.

Also, kind of funny you think Manta's dad should have been burned to death, but Hao deserved to be saved and forgiven in spite of doing far worse. You're just a biased Hao fanboy.

Agreed. Shaman King re-adaptation would probably be as popular as HxH 2011. Anna was so incredibly crucial to the shonen plot in a way that still hasn't been redone.
Also it's probably the only shonen where MC actually fucks the main girl before a battle while still being 14. Above and beyond my man.

>I know it'd be out of character, but forgiving people doesn't always solve everything.
Why are you SO FUCKING RETARDED?
Did you miss the point where Matamune/Asakura Family killed him fucking twice?
They did it not once BUT TWICE and that didn't work.

Hao during his first life spent most of his life helping/protecting people and killing evil spirits. He was well known and respected and because of him the Asakura Clan became famous.

When the Reishi started fucking with him and turned him insane the people he loved the most ended up betraying him and then they did it again 500 years later.
Matamune regretted it later and Yohken was stuck in hell fighting his demons forever too because he never figured out that deep down he felt guilty for what he did.

Yoh finally broke that cycle. It's as simple as that.
With this Yoh took the burden on his back so future generations don't have to deal with Hao again.

The link you offered isn't a source, so I don't understand your question.

Common knowledge isn't a source user. When the next SK thread rolls around, I hope a more helpful user can provide an actual source and not be mean like you.

>you think Manta's dad should have been burned to death
I just heavily dislike him. Even the X-Laws at their worst were never that unlikeable.
There's just something that bothers me about that faggot and his shitty arc doesn't help. I hate him almost as much as I hate the shitty Flowers characters.

Again, you're just a biased fanboy. You're entitled to your opinion, I guess.

It's hard to find sources for this shit since I remember reading this in old interviews and they're hard to find now if at all possible.

I do know that he sent a hand-written letter to Hayashibara's Radio Show when the series got canceled in 2004 stating that he didn't want to cancel the series.

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/シャーマンキング
>連載末期には『週刊少年ジャンプ』のアンケート順位が最下位近くで低迷を続けた末、打ち切りという形で連載終了となった[2]。ジャンプコミックス最終巻のラストシーンにはみかんが描かれているが、これはストーリーの未完を意味する武井のシャレである[3]。連載終了直後にラジオ番組『林原めぐみのTokyo Boogie Night』において、武井からの手書きの手紙が読まれ、連載終了が不本意であったことが伝えられた。

From shitty google translate
>In the latter half of the series, the questionnaire ranking of "Weekly Shonen Jump" continued sluggish near the lowest level, and the series ended in the form of censoring [2]. Jump Comics The orchestra is drawn in the last scene of the volume, but this is Takei's shale, which means incomplete story [3]. Immediately after the series ended, a handwritten letter from Takei was read at the radio program "Megumi Hayashibara Tokyo Boogie Night" and it was reported that the end of the series was unwilling.

>LOL Let's ignore the message of the series and the MC's whole personality so I can fap to my own viewpoints while I see Hao get killed xD
And I'm the one who is biased?
Get off it retard.

what the fuck happened to this thread?

I want to fuck Hao, no homo.

No idea, maybe the fanboy got mad?

huh?

Did Yoh and Anna really get killed by A FUCKING HELICOPTER

>not wanting a new Gash Bell adaption instead