Fellow STEMers, what do when automation makes our jobs obsolete?

Fellow STEMers, what do when automation makes our jobs obsolete?

Attached: transmet1.jpg (864x564, 194K)

how would it?

do something else

design robots

>watch Primitive Technology on youtube
>???
>expert in wilderness

easy survival

Attached: 1496788569411.png (741x568, 43K)

Technology is created to minimize the need for work. We've reached a point at which labor can't possibly keep up in terms of making new jobs to replace the ones eliminated.

Right? I mean, that's the point of automating shit in the first place, so we don't have to spend the time and money doing it. But that leads to a logical black hole. Eventually, there's nothing left to automate, and then what?

Medfag here
Not gonna happen

Then people make less and have less kids.
J/k. The governments just print money and keep unsustainable growth rates of population.

autism. STEM is responsible for said automation

this, researchfag here

>got stem degree for profession that isnt protected by laws/license gate keeping

mistake identified

Tfw my job does automation but also pushes capacity of the unit by 1-3% generally, which amounts to enough money for 10+ people’s high paying salary or money to be divested for maintaining their instrumentation and this safety...torn on the issue. Makes one guys job easier and him less useful 95% of the time but if this frees up more money to keep other guys hired and money to be used for a useful purpose...

>be Process chemist at refinery
>my job is to unfuck things when automated systems fuck up when mixing incompatible crude

My job depends on unfucking the cluster fuck of automated refining. Automation isn't taking my.job at all.

I will give you a nice discount on a DMC controller habibi :^)

>automation reduces jobs
>also increases resources
>less required work means less required people
>less people measn even more resources
>the smaller population lives in high level comfort
>while also doing the still useful specialized work
>shitskins will still overbreed and ruin it

You can automate distribution and build processes in my industry but little else effectively. I oversee all these efforts.

Then you start automating in space. You really think there are hard limits to what we can do?

So...then we drop the pretense of money having meaning, because here's no input? That seems to lead to only two options: marxmism, or exterminate the people who breed too much

Automating what?

Attached: 50514724.jpg (264x200, 15K)

Is your imagination so limited? I swear these threads are made by people who have never actually automated anything in their lives. It makes your life easier, it doesn't replace you.

>like what
Planetary terraforming.
>don't really want to be there for the long period of time it will take
Planetary colonization
>building new cities/sustainable agriculture from scratch
Asteroid mining
Outer space long range ship construction
>cheaper to build them in orbit then lift something so large out of the atmosphere
Exploration
>telescope/spectroscopy readings can only tell you so much

The world won't end because we don't have jobs for truck drivers just like it didn't end when the loom appeared or we stopped needing horses or we started using computers. Yes, the population will need to learn new skills, but education is also evolving. There are some exceptional online programs that walk you through the textbook with quizzes that then focus your next section of learning on what you struggled with.

The world is beautiful. Humans are exceptional. And we have not even remotely reached our potential.

Attached: nQYe88F.png (1175x900, 1.99M)

Even if all jobs were filled by automation and nobody figured out any new jobs what's the problem? If everything can be done for you why would you need a job? Just shitpost all day.

Cyber security won't be automated r-right?