Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Now that the dust has settled, was it really that terrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/B06Y41WGNN/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_paging_btm_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&pageNumber=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Yes

Yes, unless you're a teen girl or stuck on the mentality of a teen girl

It is without a doubt the worst sequel you could ever make for a series.

I was just planning on watching it. What specifically was bad about it?

I've been completely exhausted explaining from the stream of threads that came out when the last episode came out. Let me put it this way, VS either completely shits on or character assassinates the original cast, so if you are fairly fond of any them you're likely to get pissed off.

It wasn't awful in my opinion, but it definitely didn't even remotely measure up to the original.
Everything about it just screamed missed opportunity, pretty much all the later twists and shenanigans could have been so much better if there were actual stakes and moral dilemmas or really anything of substance at all.

No, I like the non rape fantasy and genki Nina made me smile every episode, though the crazy stuff hit hard and fast near the ending. Reminder pic related is best boy.

Complete garbage. RoB anime needs a reboot.

first off its 24 instead of 12 episodes so it feels way slower and less happens each episode. The pacing makes it feels pretty different than Genesis. My other main complaint is that the ending is pretty lackluster. There is plenty of build up but no good pay off.

Boy howdy m8, that's a competitive field.

I only saw the first two episodes but it felt fun from there.

There is no plot for the first 20 episodes. They just fuck around in different places, trying to build up a romance? Not romance? Who the fuck knows

I admit I am probably more upset about VS than most viewers. General consensus seems to be that first half is decent and then it shits the bed towards the end. JP amazon reviews seem to follow similar suit, good review early on, later reviews mostly negative.

amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/B06Y41WGNN/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_paging_btm_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&pageNumber=1

I remember how, when the first Bahamut anime aired / finished airing, the Bahamut fans loved shat over everyone else, proudly bragging about their show being the ultimate anime classic and how everything else was putrid garbage.

Karma is a bitch, isn't it?

Is it worth watching just for that body.

Yes. I was generally okay with it before Kaisar's death and Cheerios plan working flawlessly, though.

The first half is actually pretty promising and enjoyable. Towards the middle when it starts focusing on Nina's romance is where it nosedives hard. It's as if the first and second cours were written by entirely different people.

Just watch the series and drop when required fag.

No because she's a stupid shoujo protagonist who willingly and aggressively damns the people she supposedly cares about in order to chase after some dude who treats her like shit.

youre making me really glad i dropped it a few ep into the second cour

What's up with shoujo and guys with god complex?

>Who is greater, god or me?
>Actual quote from Hot Gimmick

Thinking about it, shoujo female leads and shoujo male leads belong together. Sucks for the nice guy but there are other women. And if that fails, he can become a shitlord and post on /r9k/

The build up it had in the first half was actually good
Then it slaps you in the face with LOL KING-KUN WAS THE GOOD GUY ALL ALONG and EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT BECAUSE WE LOVE EACH OTHER XXX when the actual plot gets so fucking stupid and nonsensical it's not even funny anymore
The character motivations and the entire plan the "villains" have are just completely retarded and make extremely little senses in-universe

Really wanted to like it, and initially I did. I still admire the aesthetic of both series. I couldn't get past Nina's romance with the white-haired pretty boy king though, in spite of my HFY tendancies. She seemed willing to forget this man's brutality just because he makes her heart race. Now yes, she's a young maiden with a silly teen crush... but that's kind of the point. The show took that too seriously IMO and it didn't really make for a strong plot base.

Don't listen to the naysayers OP. It was well done.

It was shit mate. Even if you remove the fact it was a sequel(Because that's what most anons are pissed about) it was poorly executed. Cheetos was a boring "villain" and Nina was selfish beyond redemption.

Some people know how to forgive, user.

It was entertaining at least. I'm always a sucker for a show where the bad guy wins.

I also like Mappa's work with the character designs, animation, and the action scenes, OST wasn't bad either.

Overall pretty enjoyable, even if the story was a mess.

first half was good, the second half however was a fucking train wreck

First half was okay. Forced romance between Nina and King Hitler ruined it for the most part and the finale was fucking terrible.

>Episode 19 card
Nina became completely unlikable after that episode

At least Kaisar's voice actor said that he still has sentience.

Watched for my husbando up to a point, stopped thanks to computer and poorfag issues. Everything I've seen from it gives me no reason to watch further.

I was really happy when I heard the second series was going to have 24 episodes too.

Yes.
I watched the first 6 episodes for all the buildup that went goddamn nowhere quickly after.
The only good part is the first half of the first half and angel tits