Guilty pleasure

Let's talk about shit that we loved in our younger years, that we KNOW is probably trash, but we can't bring ourselves to rewatch. Pic related. I listened to the opening on a nostalgia binge one night while drinking, and thought "I should never watch this again. It would lead to nothing but pain."

> tfw you get to burning

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-yK15bvU7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not liking a classic mecha parody
Maybe you're one of those types who posts hoping to get validation from others. Well here's some long, hard validation going up your ass unlubed: FUCKING WATCH IT AGAIN. Tear off your cringe shackles and go back to that innocent time again. If you need to be eased into it then watch something from the 80s first like SDF Macross or Votoms, or shit, even Patlabor.

> searching for validation
N-no! That would be weak and embarrassing! I-i wouldn't do that!
> FUCKING WATCH IT AGAIN
It meant a LOT to me as a kid in high school, user. I think I'm legit afraid to watch it and find out it wasn't as good as I remember. My taste was NOT good back then. But I get so many warm fuzzies thinking about it, sometimes I think "maybe I should just accept my bias and enjoy my good memories"

Are you talking about the TV or the movie? Because the TV is a classic and holds up even now. Movie is pretty shit though

I know your feel, but still. Dude, I cried when characters in Gundam 00 died on first viewing, and I'm still going to watch that again soon, knowing the same feels likely won't happen again.

With Nadeshiko though, it's a cheerful 90s comedy and parody, so I think it'll hold up better than whatever melodrama-of-the-decade garbage we were into.

But Nadesico is a classic that still holds up well today, what are you talking about.

My guilty pleasure is Gundam Seed. I know it's shit but it's perfectly crafted shit and I never get tired of rewatching it

Nadesico was good but the final chapter fucking sucked ass. So did the movie.

Irisu best girl

fucking bleach. Read the whole thing and watched every episode. I say I regret it, but I don't even know if thats true

>Irisu
Who? I don't remember that character

>Irisu
Motherfucker

The TV. Even when the movie came out I recognized it as a failure to capture the feeling of the show.

I remember watching that shit so vaguely with my older sister when my dad would go on business trips, now that I think about it..... Ugh... I seriously wonder what my first mecha show was.

> searched for "baka^2" on Google for a funny picture
> nothing
As I thought, this is not my world anymore. I accept that.

>Irisu
Ancient nigga

Never watched 00, to be honest. Would it still be a compelling watch now. Keep in mind I'm an old man so I don't mind dated art.

> still holds up today
I'm a total nostalgia addict user. I'll admit this. So I have no way of judging if stuff still holds up until the spell is broken. And I hate that. Also seed was wonderful. as far as I remember.

Literally whom

>Never watched 00, to be honest. Would it still be a compelling watch now. Keep in mind I'm an old man so I don't mind dated art.
If you liked SEED then you'd probably like 00 too. It's sort of like a blend of Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed I guess.

Hmm. Alright. I'll give it a shot. I don't have a lot that im following this season

Let's not make this just a mecha thread though what other guilty pleasures do we have. Pic related because I was sold in the opening so hard I REFUSED to dislike the anime

Actually watched that recently, wasn't a bad series.

I still have a big soft spot for You're Under Arrest.

Nadesico is an undisputed classic.Guilty pleasure? Just how tryhard are you?
>Sup Forums /
Oh right.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-yK15bvU7w
> dat chorus at 1:00
Holy fuck my feels

I've never been part of a nakedshiko thread so I legit don't know. I know you're probably used to tryhards, but sometimes we're just speaking genuinely.

This. This has always been trash, but I can't help myself. Reloading with your tits is so fucking COOL that I can't control myself.

That last fight was something.

The movie's shit but the show's legitimately good with the exception of some minor pacing issues here and there.

When my buddy and I would watch anime back in the day we would drink every time one of us would groan "why do we watch this fucking garbage".

Najica blitz tactics would get u fucked up nigga

>girl in high school gets me into anime
>recommends me nadeshiko and lends me the box set
>eventually gets me into private torrent sites and dc++ groups
>5/10 but is super cool and we get along on tons of stuff and have super similar taste
>develop huge crush on her
>never say anything
>messages me after college to say that she recommended anime to me because she had a crush on me
>lives out of the country now
>going your days, grow up
pls, i dont wanna think about this

Fuck, you got me right in the feels.

Girls und Panzer was my fifth favorite show for a while. I don't consider it bad at all but I rate it higher than it should be.

N-NO BLOG P-POSTS F-FAGGOT!

>Itsuki

Finest taste I've seen all day, user.