Is finding a job really that hard these days?

Is finding a job really that hard these days?

Attached: 1460806509-08ea854bc7e6f167d76a51e63c7d6046.jpg (500x287, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askthepilot.com/pilot-shortage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah, it's pretty easy.

Yeah, and not even Maccas will hire you unless you're 16 because they dont want to pay decent wages.
Maybe in the US, not down here in Aus.

Easy if it's shit pay or if you have years of experience in an in-demand field.

only if you are a loser

easier now than ever. everyone is hiring. lowes is hiring 53000 people this year. we have two lowes here in the frederickburg area. i interviewed at a hiring event and was one of about 45 people hired for the spring season.

Attached: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png (963x542, 732K)

Pretty easy.

Really easy, I walked into a restaurant near my college and got hired on the spot. I only need to work 2 days a week to pay for my rent and food

And how much do you make an hour? Can you support a family and buy a house on that salary?

Attached: bait.png (625x626, 65K)

It's easy it's just that Uni graduates assume they're going to start at a high up possition when most people don't even bother with Uni and work their way up from the bottom.

Of course it's temp work. You'll need to get a second job.

Are you a Mexican illegal?

It's only going to get harder once the next long overdue recession hits and machine learning and automation keep replacing human labour.

I've applied to dozens of places in the last 3 months.
Only got 1 interview and still didn't get it.
I honestly don't understand how some of you fucks get these jobs, especially ones where you laze about and post on Sup Forums.
Must be nice to be lucky/have connections.

It's not what you know or even who you know user
It's who you blow

Are you a jew?

I must be ugly because no one's whipping their dicks out for me.

If you want a career in something it can be quite difficult to land that first job, more times than not. I actually asked for unpaid work experience for my first role, in which they took me on, and actually started paying me, quite good money too ($30/hr) but it was only part time. Nonetheless it something I could put on my resume and would appeal to future employers.

Now with my current work experience I would have no problem at all finding work if I was to leave my current job. On the odd occasion people actually request interviews with me, which is reassuring.

No, but the jobs are typically pretty fucking shitty. Stuff like retail or fast food.

This. I just walked into the workplace and asked to meet the manager. Then I shake his hand and told that I can start immediately.

pretty much. if you were some ubermensch chad you'd pass the interview without even saying a word

no, not yet. you shouldn't be able to do any of those things with an entry level job....

Attached: 29136821_10215848786752782_5548119385967899922_n.jpg (720x557, 38K)

Of course not*

You can't support a family with these basic ass retail jobs. This is what people don't get.

I graduated last year with an Accounting degree with average marks at a pretty decent uni and I can't find nothing, even for intern roles you have to pay LOL. I'm working at ALDI now and making like $24 an hour working 30 days a week which is more than I would be making as an entry level accountant but there's no career progression unless I become manager. I don't even think I'd fit in a corporate environment because I'm a bit of an autist, maybe that's why I can't over the interview stage.

Yes goy a 22 year old working an entry level job shouldn't have enough to support a family he should continue getting peanuts so he has never the opportunity to start a family.

Meanwhile (((boomers))) were making enough at 16 to support a family. Thank you (((globalism))), thank you (((neoliberalism))) for selling out our countries and culture.

No. God no.

But a good paying one? Difficult.

No? I found one 3 months out of college

Airline pilot btw

When do you reckon you should be able to then? When potential marriage partners' eggs have all dried up, or you have to settle for raising Tyrone's baby?

Uh oh

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-19-02-31-19.png (1227x2555, 913K)

Glorified coach driver, how's the pay?

I don't give a fuck. Dirty rotten accountants and their firms aren't hiring me so the sooner their jobs are automated the better. I'm still young and can back to Uni or learn a trade. They're fucked.

Bring on automation.

>shortage of people who can pilot a plane after going through costly training
>think labour market is great because you get hired
t. out of touch boomer

Not really. We are pilots. We fly airplanes. We are concerned with flying airplanes. It's what we are doing, not the output

K make Bout 105k a year up to a max of about 350k

I'm 29 lol get fucked loser

There is no pilot shortage

When I think about this stuff, it gets me so fucking angry. I work a shit retail job in a pet store, can't even imagine how many cartons of cat litter I've punched holes in.

We learn nothing remotely useful in high school, force us to go to college in order to get a halfway decent job. Which may or may not actually exist.

School shootings are beneficial to society. I'm not condoning people doing them, but nobody seems to want to discuess just how broken our education system is. Maybe once enough kids get shot parents will stop sending their kids to public schools, and instead teach them something of utility.

"Yeaah, we don't hire anybody for this entry level position without experience, so if you could just get some experience first that'd be great."

Attached: office.jpg (246x205, 9K)

>We fly airplanes.
I assume you're an airline pilot, so that's just a glorified coach driver.

Attached: coach.jpg (275x183, 9K)

It's called an internship

Not hard

>School shootings are beneficial to society. I'm not condoning people doing them, but nobody seems to want to discuess just how broken our education system is. Maybe once enough kids get shot parents will stop sending their kids to public schools, and instead teach them something of utility.
And people don't talk about how if the 2nd amendment was really designed to be against tyrannical gov'ts, then those attacks on gov't buildings, schools, actually make sense in that context.

Yeah, I hear you. I got a college degree, and then worked retail.

Google's auto suggest and search results say otherwise.

A job that actually pays for the lifestyle every self-respecting western man expects is very hard to find.
Jobs that are easy to get are all trash with low pay and low prospects.

I refuse to get shortchanged in this dire employment market. I was sold on a university education and i expect a line of work in the same field. Not going to break my back on menial labor, either i get a respectable career or im exploiting all the gibs.

They can cry all they want about lazy educated millennial refusing to do bluecollar meathead trades. Should have thought of that back when they sold us the dream.

You aren't fooling anybody, Chaim.

Yeah, do I drive a coach? No, I fly airplanes. I don't sit in the back with the rest of you. I'm up front flying a fucking airplane. I don't think about the purpose of me flying, because I'm too busy flying

We fly for a living. We love flying. All you see ad a passenger is a giant bus. All I see is the great blue sky, all my controls, and my massive pay check

Don't be a t. Jealous Pollock with nothing better going on with your life

Unpaid internships don't pay the bills cochese.

>work for free and maybe you'll get hired
Good goy

Oh ya because every search result you come up with is totally legit and fully informed

Nobody worth working for has a problem hiring pilots. There is no shortage. If you were in the industry, youd know this

Yes goy, be my slav- I mean unpaid intern. I'll take care of you.

Attached: hm.jpg (220x220, 10K)

You fail to see the joke because you take yourself so seriously. "I fly AIRPLANES". Yeah you're the KING of coach drivers lol

Unless you fly for private, you ain't shit.

There are plenty of paid internships you fucking moron lmao

Ffs my fellow millenials are such retards

Oh wait you're all gen z faggots

>free
I see you've never been on the job hunt before

My favorite is when YOU have to pay THEM for the internship. That's some Soviet Russia shit right there.

30 years ago you could have you fuckin cuckold, don't forget to suck your boomer boss off

You are so obviously a kike.

A coach driver.

Attached: coach.png (600x398, 389K)

what degree?

Call it whatever you want but we are busy flying multi million dollar airplanes and naming a shit ton of money doing it

Lol private is a scum job. I guess you didjtn know that. And it's not called 'private', it's called corporate. I did that for 2 years tben went to the airlines.

Methodist

Whatever YOU say

It really isnt. I moved to a new city this summer and found a way better job than what I had in less than 2 days.
No experience. Not attractive. Just good at talking to people.

Takes a month or two of inconvenience if you have a decent resume.

Attached: 1510883428344.png (2300x1533, 476K)

well if you're 22 and you can't find anything other than an entry level job, do you really deserve to start a family? is that really the kind of person we want preparing the next generation? i feel bad for parents who have no choice but to send their kids to public schools.

Hahaha. I've applied for a lot of internships, I realized they were mostly scams when they sent me an e-mail saying I have to pay for the internship. One of them asked for $2000, I basically had to pay money so I can have the pleasure of working for free, and what's worse is they don't even train you.

And people wonder why young people are becoming NEETs. The system is not worth supporting.

>Lol private is a scum job. I guess you didjtn know that. And it's not called 'private', it's called corporate. I did that for 2 years tben went to the airlines.
Shuttling around the average scum of the earth 56%ers isn't much to brag about.

>Spent 3 months job hunting
>Got fuck all interest
>Finally managed to hook a shit tier job
>Only getting 4 hours a week plus the occasional call-in

This shit's fucked.

Attached: 1474832658344.jpg (621x502, 47K)

One big fucking coach driver. And it FLIES!

Attached: Coach-operators-Bakers-Dolphin.png (899x725, 1.47M)

> I only need to work 2 days a week to pay for my rent and food
>2 days a week to pay for my rent and food
>rent

you mean mommy and daddy pays for your rent and you spend the rest at bars right?

Alright I'll take your word over labour market data mister boomer Jew. Please continue to lecture us on the ease of employment because specialized professionals like doctors and pilots can find jobs. Retard.

idk, maybe stick with the company a few years, buy into the stock plans they offer, invest in the 401k they offer, maybe study something that will make you more money? hell, one of my landscaper buddies builds cornhole boards in his spare time, he gets better and better with each one and makes ~$80 profit from about 4 hours of work hanging out in his garage.

Attached: 1520843892147.jpg (750x853, 100K)

I turn 30 this year and never had a job before in my entire life. I went to college then had to drop out and move back in with my parents to take care of them and the house because they both developed cancer around the same time, then my father died, but my mother made it through and I helped get back on her feet and back to working and I stayed behind to cook, clean, run errands, and basically keep the house running.

Been doing that for the past 7 years.

On the one hand, I'll have to eat a bullet after my mother dies because absolutely no one will employ someone my age who zero work experience, but on the other hand, I'm not straddled with debt because I wasn't able to finish college. So, that's a small victory.

Attached: 1338434619456.jpg (375x500, 23K)

I know plenty of people who have had let it internships, paid, and big companies. They're not hard to get if you aren't a lazy fucking NEET

Why would it not be something to brag about? I have a set schedule (corporate doesn't, they're on call 24/7), I don't have to deal with the passengers at all (corporate pilots are pilots, flight attendants, bag handlers, and bitch boys), and I MAKE WAY more than corporate pilots

Sorry, you don't really know what you're talking about. I don't ever even see my passengers, let alone talk to them

>We learn nothing remotely useful in high school
i learned how to smoke weed
now im almost 30 and unemployed
it's cool though, because 2 0 1 8 is gonna be my year

Attached: 1457160844433.jpg (173x215, 11K)

>massive paycheck

Attached: 1505971057988.png (486x480, 358K)

>Paying tax to people that work tirelessly to exterminate your race
Also I'm lazy

Coach drivers are cool.

Attached: coach_driver.jpg (640x447, 81K)

really? 30 years ago? some kid working at the local hardware store could afford a house and support a family? in 1988?

Attached: 29066333_1956806961044356_3503090489141935230_n.png (720x603, 289K)

yes
no

>29
>boomer
Ya I can we you're just blaming the world for your problems . I get it. "I got delt a bad hand in life". You sound black

As for the pilot shortage, try applying for a job at delta, American, United, Hawaiian, or any other major airline. You have to know like 5 people at each company to get jobs there. Sure sounds like a shortage to me...NOT

askthepilot.com/pilot-shortage/

Would you like to see it?

Fucking this. I have applied at taco bell and multiple bag boy/ janitor positions and I am not qualified. But hey millennials are lazy right? they dont want the entry level jobs right? fucking bullshit.

I have a job but it's not a career, I want a career. There are plenty of young people in my situation. Are you a boomer? Can't you see that globalization, automation, neoliberalism, etc. has made it more difficult to create stable economic lives?

If you don't actually create an economy that serves the interests of the people especially young people then guess what the birth rates are going to continue to plummet.

Also you're a fucking kike for saying that young white people who just can't get a break because the job market is fucked shouldn't have families but niggers living on welfare should. Maybe I should be a nigger as well. Just live off welfare and pump out kids and steal YOUR tax dollars. KIKE.

My coworker once told me after he got out of vietnam in the 70s he was able to work at a gas station and made enough to pay rent and live. in san Francisco.

might not have been 30 years ago but it was still possible before.

>Invest in the 401k they offer

Don't do that actually, just invest in stocks yourself.

Go on then. Show us your paycheck.

Attached: I can FLY.jpg (1024x763, 149K)

It feels like this is a painful transition period from a rotting and stagnant economic system that is failing to adequetly distribute goods and services in a world of globalism and robots.

>I know plenty of people
Anecdotal evidence. Means nothing. Show me the data.

>They're not hard to get if you aren't a lazy fucking NEET

They are because they have extremely limited places you dumb fuck. Also you're ignoring the fact that I don't live in America. We don't have that many big companies here in Aus.

I can find plenty of places that say they are hiring, but I can't seem to get a job. I live with my parents in Orange County, California.

I did temp work at Amazon, and turned down some temp work offered by a staffing agency. Other than that, I can't seem to get even a no frills full time minimum wage job.

I got laid off from my last permanent full time job about 16 months ago. I worked in hospitality and made near minimum wage.

I'd really like to just work at one of the grocery or drug stores near me, because the temp work usually doesn't pay more and I have to commute 30 to 45 minutes. It'd be nice to be able to just bike to work.

I'm 30, I have a worthless BA in political science, and I'm totally sick of all this. I just wish I had a half decent job, some money, and the ability to afford my own place. It feels like an unobtainable dream at this point.

A job? Not really. A good job? Fuck no.

That's an honorable thing you did. I had a similar experience. People may talk shit, but fuck them. I know I made right with God.

If you are in CS or electrical engineering, there are all kinds of openings for you.

Most of the grads in my class found work WITHOUT experience

i know people who made literal careers out of cutting grass. it's nobody's fault that you can't find how to do something that people want done.

what are your career goals? given your choice, what career would you choose?

>Also you're a fucking kike for saying that young white people who just can't get a break because the job market is fucked shouldn't have families but niggers living on welfare should. Maybe I should be a nigger as well. Just live off welfare and pump out kids and steal YOUR tax dollars. KIKE.
missed your chance, should have done it in the obama years, entitlements are being cut, but if you want to live like an animal, then do so. don't blame others when it's your choice.

yes
the real question is is finding a GOOD job hard these days?

Dude we're so fucked with weedman. We've lost so many specialized jobs and any jobs we have been gaining are all low skill labour jobs.

I could end up earning triple figures in 5 years time in a role I payed $50 in TAFE fees for, fuck the Uni meme I say.

sell drugs

It's strange that I see Africans and other immigrants doing work like trolley pushers and cleaners and stuff. Is there a lack of white Australians to do this work or is there a nefarious reason why immigrants are being accepted over white Aussies?

Undergrad? I can tell you that's bs for comp sci at the very least.

Here u go

What data? Tbat there are paid internships? Lol

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-035901.png (1080x2220, 326K)

I just got a into the a construction union 3 weeks ago. Apprentice carpenter. Where I live we start at 28.80 a hour and get a raise every 6 months up until we journmey out at 47$ a hour.

I think a major problem is that everybody is going to college and trying to aim for a "dream" job and then when they get out they're shorted out of what they wanted to do and can't find work. theres millions of people earning degrees and more and more competetion every year because our high schools stressed us so much to do college. and in the meantime theres a load of construction trade jobs that need more men and men aren't even considering it because of the negative stigma they think it has.

why would you go to college for 4-6 years to internship and have to work for free just to get a liveable wage? seems pretty ridic to me desu

If it's anything like Canada then inmigrants work for under minimum wage on cash resulting in nobody except immigrants working.

My dream job is to beat you to death.