Shock survey shows Irish Americans are more Protestant than Catholic

irishcentral.com/news/irish-americans-are-more-protestant-than-catholic

>Based on the survey, 20 million Irish are Protestant Irish while 13.3 million are self-professed Catholic Irish with the rest not answering or no religion.

What does the decline of Catholicism among the Irish mean for American politics? Have the Micks finally assimilated?

Attached: irish.png (755x792, 655K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJBMYFdf18E
oireachtas.ie
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, dumbass anglo-scots erroniously call themselves Irish, and micks do that too because it makes the actual irish appear to have a deeper connection to america.

not conversions i imagine but ulster "scots"

Fucking based

Pedo cult will be crushed

Who gives a fuck? Stop trying to divide you flaming closet faggot.

Would explain all the lefty Irish appearing on CNN. Sad.

Usually, they make a point of stressing that definition, and don’t like to be clubbed in as “Irish”.
They’re always larping about being “scots Irish”.

So unless this survey just ignored that...

irish or "irish"?

>“scots Irish”.
its not even irish its is just a few generations in ireland they are just scots

USA USA USA!
A country capable of cleansing the Irish of their popery and sending a man to the moon.
Praise Jesus!

Obama's "Irish" relative was a proddy and so was Henry Ford which Trump recently referenced as an "Irish" success story in a tweet.

Probably a lot of people with 1 Irish great grandfather too and the rest Anglo.

Not true Scots though, just English people larping as Scots. True Scots are Irish. Scots Gaelic and Irish are slightly different dialects of the same language. Very little differences. If you can understand one, you understand the other.

>Not true Scots though, just English people larping as Scots.

Most Ulster Scottish surnames are Scottish, a minority are English

>True Scots are Irish.

Scotland has heterogenous origins within a NW Europe context

>Scots Gaelic and Irish are slightly different dialects of the same language. Very little differences. If you can understand one, you understand the other.

I can go one better, Scotland has spoken English as long as England

Obama is just as Anglo-Saxon as he is Celt.

Yeah, exactly.

>Scotland has spoken English as long as England

So what, the 15th century or something like that?

Gaelic has been spoken there since at least the 4th century though Pictish could have probably quite Gaelic it self. The Eastern dialect of Scots Gaelic has a lot of Pictish in it though the last three speakers of it are probably dead now.

youtube.com/watch?v=cJBMYFdf18E

And most Ulster Scott Surnames are not Scottish, just blow-in lowlanders.

I believe it, especially with lace curtain Irish descendants in the Northeast. Maybe it's a side effect of spending too much time around WASP hives like Boston and anglo institutions like the Ivy league. A lot of my grandma's side of the family converted to the Episcopal Church because they think Catholicism is too right-wing. Not that the modern Catholic church is much better. People today will change their "faith" just to better align themselves with managerial liberalism. It's a sad state

>So what, the 15th century or something like that?

Edin-burgh is a clue, read a history book

>And most Ulster Scott Surnames are not Scottish, just blow-in lowlanders.

You are not a serious person. Does sectarianism rule your mind? You write off 50% of the Scottish population as "not Scottish".

The reality of Scotland does not fit your narrow minded nationalism.

If people in Scotland don't have ancestors who spoke Scots Gaelic, then they can't be described as Scottish in any true sense of the meaning of the word. Scoti is what the Romans called Gaelic Speakers. You can see in Northern Ireland these so-called "Ulster Scots" hate the Gaelic language and don't it want to preserve it. They like English - the language of their Franco-German colonisers.

And what is your Edinburgh thing supposed to mean?
Here's a clue for you: Glas-gow.

>If people in Scotland don't have ancestors who spoke Scots Gaelic, then they can't be described as Scottish in any true sense of the meaning of the word. Scoti is what the Romans called Gaelic Speakers. You can see in Northern Ireland these so-called "Ulster Scots" hate the Gaelic language and don't it want to preserve it. They like English - the language of their Franco-German colonisers.

Why do Scots, whose ancestors were conquered/intermingled with the Scoti, get a free pass?

Even if this is a requirement for Scottishness, are you aware that Scotland has mixed internally since?

What of all the Irish Fine Gael politicians with English/Norman surnames? Are they not "truly Irish"?

>And what is your Edinburgh thing supposed to mean?
>Here's a clue for you: Glas-gow.

Nice dodge. Scotland is the only Isles nation with a Germanic name derived capital and it was founded by Angles.

>Why do Scots, whose ancestors were conquered/intermingled with the Scoti, get a free pass?

Don't know what you're talking about.

Scotland has Gaels and it has English people pretending to be Scottish. These blow-ins used to be known as lowlanders. They aren't actually Scottish and have no appreciation of Gaelic culture. They like the Franco-German culture of their colonisers despite it only making up 30% of their DNA. I pity them.

There is a small amount of Norman admixture in some of the Irish population. Their surnames carry on but the genes are predominantly Irish.

Do English Catholics still exist?

OK let's play the same game then if you're going to play dumb

oireachtas.ie

Let's see how ethnically pure Irish politicians are, according to your standards

Adams - English
Aylward - Middle English
Bailey - Middle English from French
Barrett - Middle English
Barry - Irish
Boyd Barrett - Scottish & Middle English
Brady - Irish
Brassil - Irish
Breathnach - Irish
Breen - Irish
Brophy - Irish
Broughan - Irish
Browne - English
Bruton - English
Buckley - English or Anglicised Irish
Burke - Irish but ultimately Anglo-Norman
Burton - Old English
Butler - Norman French

>""""""""""""""""""""Irish"""""""""""""""""""" Americans
Fuck off, stop pretending to be us.

Not surprised. Literally 1 irish president. 11+ Ulster Scots presidents. Irish came to America in the 1840s. Didnt contribute anything. Good at hijacking protestant culture. Literally their only talent.

Attached: 3119EC76-57CE-4A98-B42D-DFF157B604D1.jpg (221x200, 22K)

Im too lazy to drop bombs like this. You are a based Brit-poster. Even the vast majority of famous "irish" people pre 1921 are English. 0 culture of their own. Just what they made up/stole when they emerged from the bogs in 1921.

>t. mong that knows fuck all about Irish history

Your jimmies are rustled by reality. Catholic irish were always a non entity pre 1921. Except brief spells of organzing invasions of themselves by catholic English kings and begging to be invaded by the french.

The ultimate cuck ethnicity. Sucking every dick going. Norman dick, english monarchy dick, french monarchy dick, french republic dick. Hitlers dick. EU globalist dick.

The irish havent gone 10 years without someones dick hoovered down their throat.

it really does blow my mind that anyone would want to be or pretend to be Irish. I personally don't get my fellow mutts.

>not true scots
no true scotsman

Well my ancestry is emphatically Irish, i have a single German relative and it was my great grandmother. everyone else has been of Irish descent and my grandparents still speak Irish. my family still has a functioning patriarchy and a line of descent following the eldest sons. I respect the Germans and their history, but I don't larp as someone of German descent. I'm Irish-American and it's what I have to live with, it's a source of identity and gives me a base for my feet to rest.

I will never understand the people who say they're Irish when they're equally English/German/Scottish and so forth here in America. If you don't continue to have Irish traditions celebrated in your family, you aren't probably aren't Irish. And no, St. Patrick's day/getting drunk/listening to the dropkick murphys or flatfoot 56 doesn't count.

Scots-irish retards thinking it means they’re Scottish and irish

Because people from the north part of Ireland with a seperate dialect, own history and culture must be scottish! Fucking spoon.

"Irish Americans" aka plastic paddies who don't know their real ancestry

Your not irish cunt fuck off

Uhh mate Irish doesn’t mean catholic. Plenty of Protestant men helped create the republic.

More irish than a bog trotter like you. Hands off my culture.

No shit kike

Attached: 5057EA2D-DB50-48EC-9332-ECB41014D982.jpg (1280x720, 386K)

Everyone knows Ulster Scots are actually Jewish

Attached: FFF3EF65-2D47-4F3E-BDCA-5F935E2EEDD0.png (2048x1536, 3.71M)

Attached: C1455875-41FB-4BBE-8BE4-143A899690BB.jpg (225x350, 29K)

Attached: 59F067A1-45B9-4C78-A744-0BF96760B94B.png (2048x1536, 2.02M)

Obama's grandfather had a Gaelic Irish surname too though so must have been a convert to Protestantism. A good few Gaels did become protestant and even in the 1700s some of the richest people were Gaelic Irish who became Protestant like the Guinness family and there was a man Connolly whos father turned Prod and his son ended up the richest man in Ireland and speaker of the Irish parliament for many years at the time. In my own family pedigree they lost their lands for refusing to renounce Catholicism and their neighbours got the land when they became Prods and changed their surname to a English sounding version of it.
The black Irish thing comes from Irish people who became Protestant and were said to have a black stain on their soul for it hence the term black Irish.

Attached: 86CCBFBE-A8AE-484E-8A9C-5C4ADAF9FD34.png (2048x1536, 2.87M)

Attached: 416F1D51-CEAA-4D1E-92F8-861DE58C8BD1.png (2048x1536, 3.84M)

Attached: 136169AE-40E4-4437-8119-79FA0642ACBE.jpg (480x304, 28K)

Attached: 9DDF1149-628A-45CC-9C01-7CD1E71EF87E.png (2048x1536, 1.75M)

Attached: 5BCBBD11-3A9F-4075-9BCA-D6DD574CED9C.jpg (295x171, 21K)

Attached: 4138DE8F-D956-462B-858E-DA9EAA95647D.jpg (898x628, 126K)

Attached: CBFD8FC5-0375-42B7-AE1D-D1F46BF20519.png (2048x1536, 1.77M)

Attached: 4440D1A2-06EB-4CEC-A08B-B382D1BFED57.png (2048x1536, 1.41M)

Attached: 82BBA039-2507-4210-9B56-5EAE25730860.jpg (600x540, 65K)

I'm so glad I'm an Aberdonian. The true middle ground of not being an Irish rape baby, Viking rape baby nor an Anglo rape baby.

Ironic considering you're all marxists now

Well I’m only technically an Irish-American Catholic because my father’s roots are Irish Presbyterian and my mother is Polish Catholic.
>inb4 mutt

English people from the Scottish borderlands who moved to Ireland and identified themselves as Irish when they first went to America.

You know fuck all about Ireland if you think that's the case. The likes of you spout shite on this board like it's fact.

Like this guy?

Attached: _20180318_233442.jpg (720x998, 88K)

I'm an atheist and my mother is catholic therefore your survey is wrong

Americans are bizarre, I saw a St Patricks Day parade picture with people dressed in Scottish tartans and uniform

>In my own family pedigree they lost their lands for refusing to renounce Catholicism and their neighbours got the land when they became Prods and changed their surname to a English sounding version of it.
This is what annoys me about Irish nationalists who go on about kicking out the 'Saxons' when they're talking about Protestants. Ireland's history for the last 400 years is a religious conflict that got retconned as an ethnic conflict because it's a lot easier for Catholics to play the victim in the context of Irish vs. English.

Gaelic Ireland has existed for a thousand years. Repelled Vikings. Brought Christianity to Britain. Has a deep cultural history with Gaelic language, music, mythology. And you're talking about sucking Norman dick when they conquered the Anglo-Saxons first lol. Again you know fuck all. Now sit down.

Never had a commie government. Currently have a centre-right government.

Yeah they think bagpipes are Irish lol.

England was conquered in a day, Ireland was conquered after hundreds of years of fierce resistance.