Hajime No Ippo's half life

When does this story get stale? When does it jump the shark?
I feels different since the combat against Mashiba Ryou, like the absence of something.

It's missing the death of Ippo's career and Takamura's HW belt

During the Asian Champions shit.

Kimura vs Mashiba still the best fight

Rnady boy jr vs miyata

Is that the worst case of “Ippo wins lol”?

I actually liked that one. Ippo vs. Woli was the real point of no return.

Story got stagnant after Ippo won the title. Every title defense had no overall advancement on Ippo's career towards Miyata or the world stage. The one fight that was against a real contender was stupid because despite the Mexican thoroughly outboxing Ippo the author decided that wasn't dramatic enough so the Mexican dropped his winning strategy for no reason and brawl with Ippo. Now Ippo is fighting a 19 year old kid and should have steamrolled him by now but again, more forced drama by the author. Even if Ippo beats this kid his career hasn't moved forward at all. It feels like since Ippo won the japanese belt every fight has been filler.

Put it this way: if in real life a boxer literally crawled back to his corner during the break it would take a massive conspiracy that would involve the ref, the judges, the boxing organizations involved, the state/national athletic commission, the boxer's team including his manager and promoter, and the media to justify letting the fight continue.

nice shit opinions you got there

ippo didnt come to a complete halt until his fight with kawasara made it perfectly clear that ippo was far above japan at that point, and mori hasnt been able to write another ippo fight without making him look like an idiot ever since instead of letting him be the killer he should be.

The entire specific challenge was a joke, and Miyata should have lost to RBJ instead of that asspull ending so ippo could challege for the OPBF and skip all that crap.

Mine was when Sawamura knocked Ippo out but not down. Ippo was hanging on the ropes knocked out and Sawamura did nothing and let Ippo come back into the fight.

that one was stupid on both accounts.
Ippo was beating his ass and the only reason he was in any trouble at all was because he got countered because he insisted on/got baited to use the dempsy, aand he went right back to beating sawamura's ass as soon as he fully recovered from the initial counter.

Fights aside. All that great stuff about the characters struggles and motivations... Does it stop happening? I haven't got any of it since the fight against Mashiba.

I found pic related for the anons wondering where Ippo spends his money.

Not like national boxing champions win a lot without sponsorship.
He ever brought the massage chair for his mom?

I believe the shift happened around the time when Ippo started challenging the OPBF. It's been consistently getting worse since.

it was mostly that and takamura's fight with bison. volg's match and imai wrecking itagaki were both fine.

> ippo was far above japan at that point
> gets badly outboxed by a Mexican and the fight only becomes close because the Mexican got bored

good thing boxing matches are always on the level, then

Volg's fight and itagaki's defeat were possibly the only good things that happened since the OPBF stuff started. All the OPBF chaptions, randy boy, the mexicans, it's all been awful.

Don't you have a Super thread to shit up Paco?

Alfredo was great for tearing apart Ippo for the stupid shit he's been doing

The fight was still awful.

I enjoyed this but cannot say why

something something oxygen memes

What's your favourite fight of the series?
Mine's this

I've never liked Aoki fights, he messes around too much.