Opinions on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Opinions on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C7kdlyD5F70
youtu.be/L2-vOjf4SEk
youtube.com/watch?v=uyiEI12Ahcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a pretty good show. It's one of the highest rated anime, but Sup Forums won't tell you that. They don't seem to like it.

It didn't do the manga justice.

I like it better than FMA(2003), however some characters are better from FMA, like Sloth.

Masterpiece, but i like style of old version more.

Best

Inferior to the original.

One of the best productions to ever come out of Japanese animation.

such a great moment
youtu.be/C7kdlyD5F70

Boring, unfunny, stupid villains, forced drama and romance.. the list could go on.

>this is popular so I hate it

I liked it.

It is good, but I prefer 2003/4 FMA. The ending is rushed, but the character depth and emotion is better, and I liked the homunculi origins better. Like seriously the anime series end(not the movie) being rushed is one of the things keeping it from a 10/10 rating for me. FMAB does do some things better. Bradley/Wrath>Bradley/Pride for example. But damn one thing that really bothered me in FMAB was the ill-timed comic relief in the middle of supposed to be tense scenes. Happened way too often.

>i want you to t-
closed the video right there
sub > dub

Prefer the old FMA but brotherhood is decent

It has some problems in the adaptation, specially early on (2003 is better in the first few episode)
but overall it's great.

FMA dub is actually good though.

I preferred the way they portrayed the failed transmutation in 2003. When I watched Brotherhood, I was honestly disappointed.

Better than the shitty cookie cutter anime we get today. At least it was original.

It was just cookie cutter fantasy

Great from the beginning to end. If you're a fan of the manga, apparently this stays faithful to i moreso than the first FMA animu. I loved both, but Brotherhood's ending felt more of a grand finale than the first. Also, if you've watched the first FMA, the transition in art-styles might jar you at first, but don't let that put you off completely.

>Moshimoshibaitodesu.jpg

shitty momment, didnĀ“t let him kill that piece of shit.

brotherhood is overrated

The most overrated anime of all time.

snk for kids

Kind of ruined by how horribly predictable it went.
>If you kill this inhuman mass murdering sadist stopping us from our master plan you will be just like him

It's a must see for this character alone.

I thought it was good, its just that it felt like THE way to construct a show that everyone would like.
As in: It had a great plot, great characters, the themes were woven well with the villains e.t.c. But I never got really attached to the caracters, or felt very invested in the story. Its like an 8/10 for me.

Just because they don't care about killing off characters doesn't mean it's mature

SnK is for kids

Formally speaking it had everything just right. That's almost a problem though because it's still clearly a shonen. We all get how these character conflicts are going to pan out and that everything in the story will work out. It had it's emotion and depth but only insofar as a good shonen can have it, it was never anything truly exceptional. 8/10

>caring about MAL ratings

I enjoyed it a lot, especially the manga.

This may be the only time I actually liked Troy Baker's performance in something

Watch the 2003/2004 FMA if you haven't already. More character depth and emotion to actually make you care about them. Nina and Hugh's deaths hit so much harder in that series because they spend more time actually building them up and then there is more a of an effect on all the characters.

Yea, even though it was rushed, the ending for the 2004 series was different than usual. It's not an all out happy ending, but it still is because the brothers are together again with their body's.

Not trying to shill the 03/04 series, but man it was so under rated after FMAB was released because of how shonen and epic FMAB was. Both are very good series, but man 2004 series is so much better.

So good it made 03' unwatchable. Manga is king though, Brohood cut some really good stuff out.

>thinking FMAB is only considered a highly regarded anime in the context of MAL
unless you're catching on the word 'rating'. which, i doubt user is talking about a literal number rating, but instead public opinion, like when something is 'overrated' it doesn't mean on MAL on another rating site.

most of the homunculi are good at stealing the spotlight desu

I think it's a show written by a woman who doesn't understand how men think trying to guess what men would do in a situation and getting it wrong. I became too frustrated to finish it

bebe's first anime

the manga is better

What a weird minority opinion, have never heard that before. I found the depiction of how it is to have a brother that you care abt very relatable, I wonder if she is close with some pairs of brothers that she talked to for it. Other men like Roy and Ling are pretty good characters too, but it's Ed and Al who are some of the most lovable anime protags around...never heard anyone else say they are unrealistically womanish. They're just good kids user, maybe you want douchier protags.

The entire beginning of FMAB is pretty garbage. I have no idea why they started with an anime original shit character and introduced the character's backstory in such an uninspired way. I tell people to start with 2003 so they can skip that bullshit if they want.

It's good but the art and the animation suck. Also the ending is typical shounenshit.

>I have a great idea...
>Let's shoot them on their legs...
>Or shoot the guns out of their hands...
>Thus we won't have to kill them...
>And be the same as them...

Riza is cute

Generic shounen trash. 2003 was better in every way, it even looked better.

Just watched it recently. Above average for sure, but it wasn't orgasmicly amazing or anything, I definitely felt a sort of relief when I finished it. I wish Ed hadn't kinda jobbed the whole series, the only time he ever did anything cool was at the very end when he got his arm back and went Rambo on Homunculus and that was only for like a minute.
Al got the best fight scene, hands down, when he decided to use the philosopher's stone to fight Selim and Kimbley. Doing all sorts of cool shit like moving around with alchemy and making his sword sharply bend after being blocked to almost stab Selim was cool as fuck.

I marathoned it like 2 weeks ago and couldn't stop watching until the end. I even put the episodes on my phone so I could squeeze in more viewing time.

Al is pretty feminine desu.

fmab dub is cowboy bebop tier

Wow, people actually like the 2003 anime?
America has the worst taste

It has nothing to do with it being popular.

He's not exactly wrong about the humor. The humor is

>le make funny face when trying to be funny

>Hurr don't call me short

OP pic related. Humor is of course subjective, but if you've watched more than 2 anime, you've seen this kind of humor ad nauseam.

The MC's voice is shit.

Better than 2003 because it follows the manga. 2003 went full fanfiction shit.

One of the best "babby's first anime" out there. The Western inspired fantasy setting, relatively short length, and critical acclaim makes it a fantastic first anime to recommend to people.

it was my first manga, and still is my absolute favorite anime. I wouldn't be into anime and manga today if not for this series so I love it and have a lot of nostalgia bias towards it.

I visit this board monthly and every single time I see a thread for fucking Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Did any of you niggers who think 2003 was better actually went back and rewatch it and compare the two?
I thought i liked 2003 anime better but it could have just been nostalgia

Shit shounen

Post a better scene from another shounen
youtu.be/L2-vOjf4SEk

Myanimelist faggots can go suck a dick."BEST ANIMU EVARRRRRR" my ass.
The original atleast had nazis.

Long hair Riza is better

Ikr, the manga was so much better

Only thing that I "disliked" was Roy Mustang not being allowed to kill Envy.

I'm sure as fuck he would have felt better doing it than what he got... tho, by being stopped, he remembered that he still had friends who cared about his morals. It's actually a good move, even if that wasn't what they intended.

Well, now I don't dislike a thing about brotherhood.

Best fight, hands down.
youtube.com/watch?v=uyiEI12Ahcc

While the art, animation, and music was superior to the original series, I hated how it all ended in a generic shounen villain turning into god becoming a DBZ fist-fight.

I liked the plot of the original better. The sins being the remnants of alchemists attempting human transmutation was far more interesting than them just being the pawns of GENERIC BAD GUY, and actually gave more weight to why it was forbidden.

The original FMA was far less a generic shounen with a central bad guy to beat, being more of a character based drama.

Brotherhood seems like it had good ideas, but then decided to say fuck it and end with that shitshow of a finale.

Also, Kimblee is fucking terrible in Brotherhood compared to what they made him in the original series.

This.
That part where he started rock surfing was rad as hell