Why is the youth not intersted in classical music?

I'm a classical musician (still studying but already working) and I never see young people come to classical concerts.
Why have we lost touch with live classical music?
If you are one of those guys go listen to something live. In a church possibile (love the acustic).

Attached: 9XqZKWS-1.jpg (685x1280, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2yWx6EMJjI
youtube.com/watch?v=03t9HwXhjbg
youtube.com/watch?v=uOLClyWb_EI
youtube.com/watch?v=U7rtBj3PReg
youtube.com/watch?v=uWwk2_eOers
m.youtube.com/watch?t=3734s&v=W-hrBhA4XkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love to listen church choral singing. Try to not miss any of serves.

HERE.

ANYTHING ELSE IS BULLSHIT

Attached: GO.png (1544x745, 116K)

I'm interested senpai. There are some or us. I'm regularly the youngest person at my local symphony (19).

Is your job related to music?

i love classical music *tips fedora*

Not enough exposure and any bit of classical music people do hear nowadays is always the same shit used in every movie, show, and tv commercial.

Listening to classical music doesnt make you any more mature or "red-pilled". If you listen to it for any reason other than you genuinely like it, you are just a tool.

Okay OP I will go listen to a live performance.

Because its no longer popular to the masses.
Kids just follow wahtever their friends and people on the web follow.

To get them interested start by having orchestral performances of popular movies, videogames and series music.
Once they get the taste for such performances they might start going to plays of classics and stuff.

I do love some Wagner and I can actually appreciate the beauty to it, as opposed to modern music

sometimes ill eat a bunch of acid and go to an orchestra or choral concert. shits crazy.
t. 21 year old

Yes I play .

Classical music was always a hobby of the cultural elites. Since Western musical culture is now dominated by plebeian degeneracy served by kikes, real music is not 'popular'.
But I used to visit the Concertgebouw once a month and it's always sold out.

Classical music was a lot more relevant in a time where your only choices were classical music, and whatever was playing on the radio. Now, you can find any kind of music that your great great ancestors never would have even imagined. No longer is your class defined by listening to classical music. You only have to listen to it if you truly enjoy it. People who listen to it because they're trying to be deep or fake being sophisticated are about 100 years too late.

Its BOOOOOOOOOOORING

Try harder leaf

Get some taste, paco

Attached: DXi0X-yXcAAykjF.jpg (1050x604, 85K)

I've been listening to this lately on repeate.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2yWx6EMJjI

>2 hrs of literally the same instrument doing always the same thing
>not boring

Idk a lot are I played brass instruments my entire childhood and I knew hundreds of teenagers in that world that like classical music

I assume they still do

It will come later my friend. Classical music wa always something that was enjoyed by not exactly fringe, but definitely a majority.
Tastes changes and most people will enjoy it later as a merger of skill, rhytm, melody and tradition.
While you are younger, you'll prefer less coherent noises, because it coincides with your inner state of mind and body.

>implying that doesnt literally describe every musical track ever
You're just not listening to good stuff, if you're even listening at all

It is time for you to meet magic mantras, friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=03t9HwXhjbg
It is time.

I'm a musician and a film maker and I despise classical music because I have absolutely no interest in watching someone who spent their entire life playing someone else's music. Also, if you can't play without reading the music - fuck off.

Shorter attention spans and over stimulation make it too difficult to listen with the patience and attention required to appreciate classical music

is it bad I learned about Classical music from James Bond Movies....lol

I love classical music but I'm never going to a concert where stupid people a coughing and speakng an phones ringing. I just buy the dvds or listen online.

Because post baroque is degenerate garbage that moved away from the purity of EXTREME COUNTERPOINT to 'muh feels'.

>I'm a musician and a film maker
No, you're a degenerate amateur with no real trade.

That's the stupidest reason to hate classical music I've ever heard.

Fucking hell this shitty keyboard kills me.

any brap that come forth from dat ass will be classical music

One of the only thing I listen to for fun atm with industrial metal without lyrics.

It’s because the youth is taught to hate mathematics from a very young age because it’s not creative. It’s a meme that has stuck around for a long time. Now, people no longer care about the theory in classical music and instead care about blues and how groovy it is. It’s noblonger a respected art form it’s a soft core drug

youtube.com/watch?v=uOLClyWb_EI

Jews pushing degeneracy

I went to church once but I don’t like that they make us churchgoers sing. I have a terrible voice and just mouth the words. Why can’t they just let people who want to sing go up and sing with the choir?

Anyone who spends their life reproducing someone else's art without creating their own deserves all the hate in the world.

I will add that while i am employing slight hyperbole why listen to some big fancy orchestra meme when you have accordion russians? These can be found all over the entire world, just sitting around providing music.
youtube.com/watch?v=U7rtBj3PReg

I'm sure you're an indispensable member of society.

Pretty much this.

This is true. Ever noticed how many people say “I suck at math” or some variation of that? Nobody says “I suck at reading” because it would make you look retarded. But it’s okay so say it about math even though you’re equally retarded if you don’t know how to use sin, cos, and tan. The Jews have made it cool to hate math

>Why don't millennials like Classical music?
It doesn't repeat the same sound x1000 for 5 minutes.

Young men go where the young women go.

It has nothing to do with artistic quality.

If it doesn’t appeal to young women it won’t appeal to young men.

Because it's harder to make/play/find than pleb music

Listening to classical music for entertainment is like using an abacus for computation or an axe to cut down a tree. Sure there's some nostalgia factor to it, but there is better (more versatile) technology now that is used to make sounds that were unimaginable hundreds of years ago.

because youth now wants consumable entertainment, not appreciable composition.
it's an art era.

>modern art is just as good as a renaissance painting!

My undergrad was in piano performance. What's your instrument OP?

Depends on the crowd, it's not mainstream but it's still out there, went on a backpacking trip my Univeristy lead last weekend, during the van ride to the national park we were taking turns playing music and I decided to play Wagner's Tannhauser Overture and a lot of the other students liked it and started playing other classical songs, granted most of these kids are basically tree hugger apolitical types

t. shitty degenerate indie music 'artist'

Modern day classical music is Math Rock, Bands like Boards of Canada and a far reach bands like Godspeed You Black Emperor.

The only music I want to listen to is that girl farting in D minor

Attached: hot blonde 2.jpg (768x1024, 130K)

Dude, fhis flag is from italy

Like modern art, modern classical music (Schoenberg) is a jewish invention designed to give talentless kikes a shot at big fame and money.
There were hardly any world class jewish painters and composers before modern times.
>Inb4 Mendelssohn, Mahler, Israels

Modern people's IQ is too low for such a complex music form.
Degeneracy has been here 200 years, it's not a modern invention.

Attached: spengler.jpg (218x231, 8K)

I've been a classical musician for 18 years and yes, the only young people you see at concerts are music students. It's just a fact of life that college students would rather spend their Friday night getting drunk and socializing than sitting still for 2 hours and listening to all those boring speeches (not to mention the fucking land acknowledgements that all orchestras in NA are now essentially required to do).

As they get older though and get jobs and families and responsibility, a night at the symphony becomes much more appealing than disgusting bars. I'm not really worried about declining attendance in the next 50 years as I am about all the wealthy private donors dying and the funding drying up.

what do you play?
pleb tier understanding of classical music. you don't even account for liking it genuinely, just for pretentious reason, literally pleb tier understanding

No, That flag is from mexico, spic. You can't fool me.

>not in G major
You fucking pleb.

we do,, but going into consent takes time and ''youtube to mp3'' i easier an cheaper

Attached: 264dcb05ea23d9d153db69e6e6b7ac12d2b2c1b35d7716260410c729ac5d917c.png (409x406, 9K)

I like classical but i rarely go watch it life, like it more as a chamber music type of thing.

I am learning piano but I feel like I got to a spot where I don't get better
Is this time time where I am supposed to play 8 hours a day?

Just plays into the overall theme of degeneration. Most people have lost their ability to concentrate at length, to visualize, to recognize increasingly complex patterns, or to understand underlying relations. Fight against the decay with all of your might.

How the fuck do you describe what actors do? How is a violinist interpreting a score any different than an actor interpreting a script? Fuck off you underage faggot.

Do u consider Bach a classical composer?

Learning classical piano at any advanced level is neigh on impossible after the age of 12.

>this heiney

I love classical music. Canon in D is really good, so is the In The Mood for Love theme. Obviously the classics like Chopin and Strauss and Mozart are good too though

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just don't have an interest anymore. With digital composing, a single person can create orchestral arrangements that rival Philharmonics. I got really into a YouTuber who does this and he produces some really incredible quality music that could easily pass for big productions.

Also, my musical taste has changed dramatically over recent years. I was really into classical music at one point, but became much more interested in smaller scale instrumental work. There's a lot of really talented Folk artists and bands that bring together small groups of interesting instruments to create more unique and intimate music.

Lastly, as a consequence of getting more into folk music, I've begun to listen to more traditional works. Specifically, I'm really interested in Celtic and Scandinavian music. Choral arrangements and the use of period instruments are fascinating in a way that classical music can't really do for me anymore.

I still appreciate the work, I just prefer not to sit and listen to it anymore.

trick question
>what is pars pro toto

why do we use Polaroids to take pictures instead of painting them?

>Canon in D is really good
This upsets me more than you can possibly comprehend

I'm just wondering your personal opinion

Do you think classical music was "mainstream" in it's time?
Mainstream music was whatever the most talented musician in the town played.

I'm not a big fan of actors either. They're a tool.

Do you enjoy watching 40's cartoons ? They are harder to dance too and lyrics are better

Attached: big shaq.jpg (225x225, 6K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uWwk2_eOers
required listening, Bream is the fucking man.

When I was in high school our band director tried to get us to come to orchestra concerts but it turned into a suit and tie affair that most people that age want nothing to do with

Why? It's my favorite, it's played in "My Sassy Girl". There is an alternate recording by Mayyumi Cafe Piano Ensemble that plays it in C that is even more beautiful, I think it is by far the best version

A link to your past peoples and identify? OY VEY SHUT IT DOWNNN

I know it was written as a stringed instrument piece but I only like it on the piano really

Listening to classical music upholds western culture. I approve

Why do I always listen to baroque when I am studying or reading personal growth books? And why is getting your life turned around so simple when you actually DECIDE to do it?

I listen to Gregorian chants.
m.youtube.com/watch?t=3734s&v=W-hrBhA4XkM

I’ll be the first to admit even I’m not immune to it. Trying to cut back on high-stimulation activities such as video games and Sup Forums but it’s so very hard. Thinking about going to camp alone on the weekends and leaving all electronics behind. Nothing but me and a guitar, fishing rod, and some woodcarving tools

classical music is no different from pop, it's mostly rubbish.

just because it's old doesn't mean it's good.

orchestras suck these days as well, they aren't rhythmically cohesive and the intonation is painful

>Spent entire life playing someone else's music
>Can't play without reading the music - fuck off

A vast majority of people who read sheet music can only play what is written in front of them - by someone else. The talented musicians are the ones that can play by ear and can create.

>if you can't play without reading the music - fuck off.

indeed, you can't play it well until you have memorised it.

It is chill music, not something you go out to listen to

Young people like me prefer it that music stays a private thing. I listen to classical music and love it, but never go to concerts because often it is worse than just listening to it on my PC and costs more

classical music wasn't always that way.

Bach was a prolific improviser as well as composer.

+1

Because you need at least 125 IQ to understand it.

If you don't like classical music, you're not white and need to stop pretending like you are. You're on par with the archaic proto-humans in africa.

utter bullshit.

it just takes more practice.

Kids these days have the attention span of a wet sponge. If there isn't a "beat drop" within the first minute, they lose interest and move on to the next thing.

Classical music requires you to understand music at a deeper level than pop culture promotes. Appreciation will only increase when you realize how difficult it is to hit notes perfectly and in perfect harmony.

In short, classical music is the White man's music. Niggers can't figure it out.

Also - Black Metal was made from Classical Music. Black Metal is badass.

Classical music really is the Rick and Morty of music.

Well he's not Segovia, but he's one of the very best for sure.

Your brain has been destroyed by jewish media. Sad, many such cases.

I know the words to Bach's Widerstehe doch der Sünde, BWV 54 and I've never studied music or singing or even gone to church. I love classical music and I'm 23. We are out there but we are humble, you have to be when listening to classical music.