Question for religious people:

Question for religious people:
If you go to heaven for all eternity what would you do after a billion years? What about a trillion or after infinite years? Would you still want to be conscious after doing every single conceivable and possible thing an infinite times?

Attached: 40433-cross-nature-ThinkstockPhotos-657091114.1200w.tn.jpg (1200x627, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AP7utU8Efow
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI
youtube.com/watch?v=ftJ1wvf4ev0
youtube.com/watch?v=G1o4V6gxXpk
youtu.be/Yeo_ATsyel4
youtu.be/SPs7jdfaib0
youtu.be/sLaSMLSgEmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr99qZhH7ec
youtube.com/watch?v=i_8sIq50gsI
youtube.com/watch?v=VB_hUdRKi4o
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You probably choose to forget ;)

So what's the point of this life and why does it decide what your fate is for the rest of eternity? If you become an omnipotent being and wipe your brain it wouldn't make a difference if you beat your dick a couple times 3.68 billions years in the past.

If an afterlife exists it's probably completely different from the conscious state you have in this world. So who knows what exactly there is for you to do, assuming that there even is a "you" or anything to do.

So once again if consciousness and reality is different and enlightening why does this reality have such an important impact on your fate? It would be the same as not being accepted into the military because your KD in MW2 was shit.

Time, which is actually a refresh rate, is only a part of the rule set of this particular finite reality. It doesn't have any meaning in an infinite system. It will likely have a completely different set of governing laws/ruleset.You are thinking in terms of the ruleset in THIS particular reality frame. Just as when you dream, there is a different ruleset, sense of space and time, level of immersion etc.

God is infinite and thus has no limit to any of His qualities. Eternity is required to begin to even scrape the beginning of who God truly is, and knowing and understanding Him. Paradise will - at least in part - be about knowing God more fully and learning more about Him.

Furthermore, just as God gave Adam and Eve tasks in the Garden, so will we have tasks on the New Earth.

God will walk with us and be our God, and we will be His people. Our nations will bring their glory into His temple forever, and there will be no night or pain or sorrow, or even the sun or moon, for God Himself will be the light thereof. We will explore His Creation and never begin to even understand the full extent of it, eternity and never ending bliss and joy.

Gloria in excelsis Deo. See you at a Latin Mass next Sunday.

Attached: 1461712804269.jpg (786x1096, 200K)

See How would you feel if someone didn't let you play video games for the rest of your liDr based on what you did in the first second of GTA 5

Life*

This. Space and time are constructs of the animal brain and we can't understand other stuff that is probably going on.

What I've never understood is on what basis Christianity is judged by Christians to be the only possible spiritual truth, when there is no more evidence for the truthfulness of the Bible than there is for any other set of religious beliefs.

So why would you punish a literal infant for something they did in what is essentially a flash of time.

If we go off of content the Egyptians had more scripture and it was all written before the bible.

You do understand that according to the bible God restores the earth to the way it supposed to be, right? We don't stay in heaven forever.

Yeah, there have been countless religions and schools of spiritual thought throughout the ages, the number is certainly in the thousands. There are also hundreds of sub-sects of Christianity, many of which have mutually contradictory teachings and doctrines. Just seems strange to be so certain that the set of beliefs you happen to have is the objectively correct one, when there are countless other people out there who follow different beliefs but are also equally certain they're right, even though there is no conclusive evidence favoring any of them.

So what happens after that? Is your spirit planted into the body of a new human? If so what happens to those that sin on the new earth? Because that sounds a lot more like Hinduism than Christianity.

the concept of boredom is a human concept
the spiritual version of yourself would be at peace knowing they aren't in hell being tortured for eternity

See

Christianity is unquestionably the TRUTH, retard.

Haven't you read that part of the bible where Paul says that HUNDREDS of witnesses reported Jesus doing the miracles coming back from the dead and shit?

You fedoras can't even read for Christ's sake

Is this bait?

>I can't read the bible, please interpret it for me!!!
>Why aren't Christians more like the Christians that hollywood portrays?
You're worse than a gotcha journalist

sort of like every post you've made on this thread? fuck off, you worthless faggot

Heaven isnt really about living out your desires, its about being at peace.

Your desires fade away and you enjoy the ever lasting warmth of the lord and actually peace, no lust, no envy, just peace.

Alrighty ill go more in depth: if you life for all eternity in heaven that means you grow and learn, by your 20 thousandth year you will probably have 0 of the traits you had when you were human. Relatively speaking an 80 year lifespan is a instant compared to billions of years and to assume those traits dictate your true consciousness is ridiculous. That would be like me saying your not allowed to have a career because you weren't programming computers a millisecond after you were born. As for said you are his child and to condemn and punish that child for the rest of eternity for something he did in his first moments of existence is evil and twisted.

Solid argument.

With infinity available, time constraints no longer mean anything. Only the present will matter. There are 14 billion planets in the milky way alone. If you spent 1000 years exploring each, one by one, eventually you will forget completely about planet 300 by the time you get to planet 2500, lol....So yes, human beings can exist for infinity without getting bored.

If i go to heaven i will never be at peace knowing people suffer for eternity for simply denouncing someone who has no real proof he exists.

This use of the concept of an eternal spiritual punishment in the afterlife always struck me as suspect. It seems like exactly the type of idea someone would invent in order to spiritually enslave people, to make it so that once they enter the fold of your religion, it is difficult or impossible to completely escape due to this conditioned fear that they believe they will experience if they lose faith. In my experience, Christians spend a great deal more of their time and energy fantasizing about what Hell is like than they do Heaven, which suggests to me that fear of hell is a stronger motivating force for most Christians than a desire to enter Heaven. And even then, Heaven is weird too because it is essentially this inconceivable place to most people where you spend the rest of your days in what people seem to assume is the spiritual equivalent to some kind of blissful eternal stasis (I also find this idea to be somewhat suspect, as an absolutely perfect, eternal place where nothing ever changes also sounds like just another type of death).

I abhor the idea that the spiritual beliefs of billions of people are strongly underpinned by a fear of eternal torture, and that, for people who belong to these religions, this fear, which has nothing to do with anything that could occur in this world and which is founded on no objective evidence whatsoever, follows them for the entirety of their natural lives as an abstract threat, whether real or imagined, that constantly hangs over their heads.

Attached: 1502844573367.jpg (912x1620, 190K)

What about if you visit planet 300 an infinite times to the point where you know where every grain of sand is located?

I hate the idea that hell is punishment, its a gross generalization of what hell actually is.

The whole point of mortal life is to show god basically what kind of world you want to love in after you die.

If you live a life of excess, greed, and evil deeds, its obvious you tend towards evil dwellings. If you hate god or are an atheist, you wish to love in a qorld without god no?

But god is everything that is good in the world, god is love and all the great things we experience, so a world devoid of god cannot be these things, and that is what hell is.

youtube.com/watch?v=AP7utU8Efow

Attached: 15023946210633.jpg (1504x1000, 1.18M)

I don’t know, lol....maybe that’s a vision of hell.

Sooo. You wanna know the meaning of life? Why we are here? I am proud of you OP. You have arrived at the point where I began. Why is there anything when there could be nothing at all? Good question.

Asking questions no bueno, leaf! Just believe brah. If you disagree with me you're an atheist. Why? Because I say so, that's why

eternal consciousness is a fucking terrifying punishment, i'm glad it's not true and we get to leave when we are done

It's pointless to talk about time lapse when you've already achieved perfection.
These are the thoughts of imperfect minds like ours.

Disprove this athiests

>1 Corinthians 15:3-8

>For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

>more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living

>MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED
>STILL LIVING

Attached: 1463865285464.jpg (709x1000, 274K)

You're attaching Human desires to the desires of the spirit. Things like boredom no longer apply. Aside from that, even if you assume that they do; I doubt you'd have to ever worry about getting bored when dealing with someone who can create anything on a daily basis.

You can't get bored in God's presence.

You can't

Attached: (You).png (479x455, 288K)

this

Attached: _5e2c20c8f826fe0eaa3527288339d671--blessed-mother-mary-blessed-virgin-mary.jpg (600x1012, 109K)

>Would you still want to be conscious
consciousness wont be the same in heaven. you'll be in the presence of Christ, enveloped in the un-created light of tabor. all sighing and sorrow will have fled away. hosts of mighty cherubim and seraphim, six winged, many eyed will soar on their wings around Him, singing eternal praise. it will never get "boring" and you'll never want for anything. you wont even need light to see because Christ will the sun that illumines all

Attached: christ-the-teacher-icon-550.jpg (357x450, 58K)

If the priest stays in the heretical Vatican II "church" you musnt go to that place

Babylon has Fallen!
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI

Apocalypse 17:8 Fulfilled

Revelation 18:2 Just Happened

Padre Pio: Satan Would “Come To Rule A False Church”
youtu.be/Yeo_ATsyel4

The Beast that Was, and Is Not, Has Returned
youtu.be/SPs7jdfaib0

St. Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes and Antipopes
youtu.be/sLaSMLSgEmQ

End-Times Temple Of God
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr99qZhH7ec

Is the World about to End?
youtube.com/watch?v=i_8sIq50gsI

3rd secret of Fatima, St. Malachy's prophesies

youtube.com/watch?v=VB_hUdRKi4o

youtu.be/SPs7jdfaib0

youtu.be/sLaSMLSgEmQ

Time is not real.

Fuck off papist faggots

Attached: 1513992908415.jpg (651x421, 49K)

>implying Lutherans are even relevant anymore

Attached: Our-Lady-of-Guadalupe-773x1024.jpg (773x1024, 182K)

>If you go to heaven for all eternity what would you do after a billion years?
Dunno! There's infinite possibilities when you're one with God! Sooner be with Him in heaven than anywhere else!

Attached: 1510932286262.jpg (401x401, 42K)

>implying cucktholics are relevant anywhere but third world shitholes

Attached: The-Whore-of-Babylon.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

another thing is people wont act like faggots in the kingdom. we'll all be too busy glorifying Christ

>unironically believing in sola fide

Attached: Salvation ain't one and done.png (853x872, 52K)

why do you think time exists in heaven when the concept of time fluctuates based on general relativity in the real world?

>Ephesians 2:8-9

>For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

Catholicucks BTFO by based Paul

Attached: 1476227383727.png (620x657, 904K)

lol so gross

annointed by ceasar

In heaven you will have a perfect body, no viruses, no pain, there is no degeneracy, it's like a white ethnostate x million. Plus it's not like you live in a Groundhog Day there, your possibilities are endless. If you get bored then maybe God can banish you into nothingness if you ask i don't know.

Attached: images.jpg (199x253, 10K)

I think most religious thinkers believe you lose yourself and rejoin with god. You aren't you as such but something much higher.

That said your average religious person literally believes they'll be chilling with their families in clouds, they are retarded. Neither sound great to me.

Heaven is actually on this earth when the day comes

Attached: 12434.jpg (640x359, 58K)

>If you go to heaven for all eternity what would you do after a billion years? What about a trillion or after infinite years?
Live in eternal bliss.
>Would you still want to be conscious after doing every single conceivable and possible thing an infinite times?
Yes. Because God will never "let it get old"

What makes you think an infinite and all powerful God would let Heaven get "boring?"

I know right

Fuck papists

Attached: 1503833018435.jpg (667x637, 127K)

Infinite masturbation? The religion thing is very poorly thought out. Good luck convincing average and below IQ pol tards of it.

So most elderly people tend to become more passive and caring as they grow wiser and older, this is in a span of only 80 years. Are you saying if a 21 year old who drinks and parties dies he's going to have the mentality of drinking and partying for the rest of eternity and should therefore be punished?

That's not what I meant, I meant what is the point of this life if all your trying to do is show your mature enough to be granted eternity of peace. Also if you think you understand the point of life after reading a book and praying to a magic dude I feel sorry for you.

>a book says its true so it must be.
Man i wish that's how life worked.

>I think most religious thinkers believe you lose yourself and rejoin with god. You aren't you as such but something much higher.

Ya, no. Only idiots and tools believe that.

reunited with your ancestors is nothing to sneeze at

You have nothing to fear, user.
If you have nothing to hide.
If I sinned unknowingly, I will accept the punishment graciously, as I would if I seeked repentance for sins I know I comitted.

heaven is becoming closer to God
all consciousness will be gathered and become part of the collective that forms God's thinking, and the better of a religious person you are, the closer you'll be to His pure center
that's what i think atleast

also space/time won't be the same in heaven

i want to ask you guys something is the pope doing the right thing?

there is no time in the kingdom of heaven dumby

>HUNDREDS of people would claim to have WITNESSED something that wasn't real and risk getting killed for no fucking reason
This is what fedora leafs actually believe

No he shouldnt hedge his bets, thats shitty

No.
The actual Pope is spitting on the Oecumenical Councils invoked in earlier eras.
The last really, 100% based pope was Benedict XV. The Church then progressively died as Jews from outside subverted its inner workings more and more and turned it into protestantism 2.0 : electric boogaloo.

dude answer my q

>over 700 people witnessed the phoenix ufo
So this HAS to be real by your own definition right?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

Time does not exist in eternity. It is an eternal present.

So at what point during that eternal present does god create the new earth?

>So this HAS to be real by your own definition right?
Of course it's real. No one is sure about what it was though.
There's video of the event. The government acknowledged its occurrence.

That's a horrible example of what you're attempting.

dude can you elaborate

What if the definition of paradise is to live happily without bordom for eternity?

Time doesn't exist the way you think it exists in the afterlife

Attached: Shape of The Universe.gif (305x190, 292K)

He got bored and made angels and humans. I still find it curious that God existed an eternity before humans in an empty non universe

I'm not spoonfeeding you retard, read about Vatican 2.0
Also :
>Francis says non-believers are allowed to go to Heaven
This right there violates the Council of Chalcedon itself. It is an outrage.

time doesnt exist on the other world

>retarded leaf can't possibly conceive the idea that some people might have seen things he hasn't and aren't lying or having a case of mass hysteria

the smartest mother fufcker on this thread eloborate pls

>He got bored and made angels and humans.
What makes you think God can get "bored?"

God thoughtfully created humans and angels with a purpose.

>I still find it curious that God existed an eternity before humans in an empty non universe
God existed before time. Technically there was no "eternity" because time didn't exist. And God existed apart from the universe he created. It was not "empty." God was there.

wtf is this you giving up? vatican 2.0 is retard buissness

>When will then be now?
SOON!

paying attention is for retards i guess

Bro, you seriously underestimate bowling and fucking fried chicken dinners.

And HELLO. No weight gain and pesky reminders from Mare Osmond that you can get down to 115 lbs because you always WILL BE 115 lbs.

It's the shit, fella.

How can we possibly save the church? How long has sin held the church ransom?

We religious folks choose to do the will of God. This means that we will have tasks. There are learning opportunities, expeditionary oporutnities, imagine being a part of an expeditionary team that identifies planets with animals ready for free-will, or checking on the progress of a new creature.

What is the greatest thing you could imagine doing, and that job is always available. Celestial artisans, harmonics, Someone has to tell a new civilization about God.

There is plenty, you will never be bored

Attached: ef115f0f267dfb2942bd85f511ce9d16.jpg (703x669, 105K)

Eternity is spent gathered around God, singing praise and thanks to him. Forever. It sounds beautiful.

Attached: 1519243445028.jpg (1200x798, 203K)

read it has nothing to do with.. aww got trolled that fuckin sucks

You think of eternity as a long time. It's not. It's just now. Nor will be be there what we are here, easily bored.

Of course. The only apostle they care about is Peter, because their Big Lie about them being the church Jesus established rests on Peter's shoulders.

God never got bored.

a literal vagina

Attached: Screenshot_24.jpg (520x504, 110K)

Heaven was promised as exceeding everything we can possibly imagine.

I spend a lot of time imagining the best possible things I can imagine heaven to be, and know, for sure, that the real heaven is even better than that.

Yup. All mother earth fertility cults worship the vage, including the Catholics.

>Cucktholics will defend this

Attached: 1519862816738.jpg (1680x1619, 933K)